Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

quote in status updates?

Wistman

I know I've previously used the quote action in the status update board, but I seem to have lost it.  Can I get it back?  How?

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

I know I've previously used the quote action in the status update board, but I seem to have lost it.  Can I get it back?  How?

I've just checked it on mine and it's there, it works the same way as quotes do in regular threads.

I don't think the option can be removed.

• Sad 1

I'm on an Android device and no quote option for status update for me either, I can only use the quote function by selecting the text when the quote pop-up appears, only on the main forum page, it doesn't work on profile pages. 

~

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'm on an Android device and no quote option for status update for me either, I can only use the quote function by selecting the text when the quote pop-up appears, only on the main forum page, it doesn't work on profile pages. 

~

You can type "[" "quote" "]"  and "[" "/" "quote" "]"

before and

after and it will put anything in between in a quote box. 

The problem I have found using that is that if you type something after the [/quote] it is included in the quote box anyway.

OOPS

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Saru said:

I've just checked it on mine and it's there, it works the same way as quotes do in regular threads.

I don't think the option can be removed.

I don't have quote options in status updates either. I can copy text and make a standard quote, but not quote people like in regular threads.

• Like 5

I haven't changed anything on this end, so however it works now will be how it has always worked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

In my experience, the quote thingy in statuses sometimes works and sometimes don't. I didn't notice yet what makes it not appear. For a while I thought it won't appear if I already typed some of my text, but it's not that after all. So I just use it if it works and don't if it doesn't :D  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Wistman said:

I never bother quoting anyone. It takes too long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In my experience, the quote thingy in statuses sometimes works and sometimes don't. I didn't notice yet what makes it not appear. For a while I thought it won't appear if I already typed some of my text, but it's not that after all. So I just use it if it works and don't if it doesn't :D  

I concur!

Highlight the section of the reply, and sometimes "Quote selection" comes up, and sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't, you have to copy & paste, then put it in a quote box.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, acute said:

I concur!

Highlight the section of the reply, and sometimes "Quote selection" comes up, and sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't, you have to copy & paste, then put it in a quote box.

I found that sometimes if it does not show up, you can right click and it will be there, then you just move your mouse away from the menu that the right click pops up and click on "quote".

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, acute said:

@Desertrat56

I usually use UM on my phone, where there's no Right Click.

Ahh, I am too old to do that on my phone, though I do have a good phone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ahh, I am too old to do that on my phone, though I do have a good phone.

Rubbish!  You're never too old.

It's easy on Chrome, but quite different to on a laptop.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, acute said:

Rubbish!  You're never too old.

It's easy on Chrome, but quite different to on a laptop.

Maybe I am not too old, but I am set in my ways.  I have a mac that does fine, if I am not home and need to look something up I use my iPhone.   I have not reason to get on a forum on my phone. 

I never found Chrome easy on my work computer so I suspect it would be worse on a phone. In fact I had to use Mozilla on my work computer because bot IE and Chrome would allow pop ups so that I couldn't even work effectively and the IT guys never figured out how to fix it.   And I went through all the IT guys because their knowledge overlaps, some know some things and others know other things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

UM on Chrome works well on my Android contraption. :tu:

Good.  I am set in my ways and will always have an iPhone, though I know certain brands make good phones with the android OS.

• Like 2