Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paris Jackson's Jesus movie upsets folks

Eldorado

"More than 250,000 people have signed a petition slamming a new movie in which Michael Jackson's daughter Paris plays a “lesbian Jesus”.

"Habit has been directed by Janell Shirtcliff, and according to The Wrap, finds former Disney Channel star Bella Thorne playing “a street smart, party girl with a Jesus fetish who gets mixed up in a violent drug deal and finds a possible way out by masquerading as a nun”."

Full report at UK Yahoo Movie News: https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/petition-protesting-paris-jackson-lesbian-jesus-100611867.html?

Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/paris-jackson-jesus-movie-bella-thorne

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

So are they trying to get the movie banned ? What's the point,it would just create more publicity.

Just let them release it and it will be an obvious dudd.

At least with the life of brian (awesome film) they kept some historical facts in,and they still banned it for a while.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

At least with the life of brian (awesome film) they kept no historical facts in,and they still banned it for a while.

But they did borrow heavy from Matthew. :yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

plays a “lesbian Jesus”.

Wait....is this one of "those" movies?

• Haha 5

I am not a fan of religion, especially the Judeo-Christian flavors but it seems to me that society is bent on desecrating/mocking anything that bears any semblance to religion or values (not saying you can't have values without religion).

However, pandering to complainers by banning a movie just because someone doesn't like it won't accomplish anything.

It's like what Diddy said, let it get released and the lack of viewership will do more than banning something.

• Like 6

Not to mention that it was a really good and funny film.he's not the Messiah,he's a very naughty boy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"More than 250,000 people have signed a petition slamming a new movie in which Michael Jackson's daughter Paris plays a “lesbian Jesus”.

Not sure where they came up with the lesbian part of their claim as nothing of the sort has been announced. Also not sure why they think it ' Christianophobic garbage' when the movie hasn't even been released yet. Do they think that the movie is denigrating Jesus because a woman is playing him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The film is portraying his return in the form of a lesbian woman.  Imagine if they did an Islamic version.  It wouldn't get passed the drawing board.  If people are complaining that the Lord would never appear in the form of a lesbian woman, well who's to say how many different forms he would take (even in the form of an animal guiding someone to safety) and who's to say how frequently he is with us.

Matthew 28:20

"I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them"

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

Joshua 1:9

"The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Edited by TigerBright19

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

But they did borrow heavy from Matthew. :yes:

That may well be the case,is that not part of the bible ?

I know nothing about religious history .but one of the pythons was a huge historian.but i think he was more into the crusades era,hence he co directed the holy grail.

Ohh just realized,bible and facts.

Ok so some parts were biblically accurate ,not historically accurate.

That part with the ufo was a bit off though.

• Haha 2

Just now, diddyman68 said:

Ohh just realized,bible and facts.

Little dense for a Northerner, are we? 

Got distracted by a ferret? :o

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Little dense for a Northerner, are we? 

Got distracted by a ferret? :o

Hey.thats racist.

Ferrets are yorkshire.they put them down their pants.

Up hear, we're destracted by greggs pasties.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Hey.thats racist.

Naw mate. This is racist......

Hey @acute Cromwell forced the Welsh to boink sheep so he could create Brummies for the Puritan soldiers to use as bug boys!

LONG LIVE PRINCE RUPERT OF THE RHINE!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Piney  I'm not taking the bait.

Is this my first day?   No.

Edited by acute
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, acute said:

@Piney  I'm not taking the bait.

Is this my first day?   No.

You just wait until Uncle Yammie comes back!!! :angry:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

Naw mate. This is racist......

Hey @acute Cromwell forced the Welsh to boink sheep so he could create Brummies for the Puritan soldiers to use as bug boys!

LONG LIVE PRINCE RUPERT OF THE RHINE!!! 

Nar.i'm not buying it.

So how come sheep and the welsh are both so superior to the brummys.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Nar.i'm not buying it.

So how come sheep and the welsh are both so superior to the brummys.

Sorry again @Piney you were right.

Did you hear about the brummie that was fishing and he said he caught a whale ?

Edited by diddyman68
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Sorry again @Piney you were right.

He chucked it back coz it didn't have any spokes

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

It turned out to be a Lowland Scottish woman on Holiday. :whistle:

And the only other joke about brummies i can remember is the one involving the kipper tie.:P

• Haha 1

Ooh ive just remembered a classic brummie joke involving an elephant grave yard.

It's a pretty long joke so i think I'll save it for some other time.

But I'm chuckling just thinking of it .:D

Anyone who think it might offend them could simply choose not to watch the movie. I know its a far fetched idea but I think its worth a try. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

I am not a fan of religion, especially the Judeo-Christian flavors but it seems to me that society is bent on desecrating/mocking anything that bears any semblance to religion or values (not saying you can't have values without religion).

However, pandering to complainers by banning a movie just because someone doesn't like it won't accomplish anything.

It's like what Diddy said, let it get released and the lack of viewership will do more than banning something.

I prefer to think society is growing up, and casting aside useless affectations.

• Haha 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Any notion held to be unquestionable, or above inspection, beyond ridicule and criticism... is demonstrating their lack of faith in its truth and expose their inherent doubting of its integrity.

If (these sacred ideas and notions) were as claimed, how could the verbal and written utterances, the jokes of humans bear it any harm, or reveal any fallacy?

With their outrage and labeling of such as 'attack' they belie the legitimacy of the very critiques they seek to bully into quietude.

11 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Anyone who think it might offend them could simply choose not to watch the movie. I know its a far fetched idea but I think its worth a try. 

Show your support with your wallet. :tu: