Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to help fostering program

Jerry Gallo

7 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

No one is blocking anyone's right to adopt. They are actually ensuring someone's right to freedom OF religion. Where you go wrong is trying to change the tenet to freedom FROM religion. My guess is you know the distinction, you just don't like it. 

I have fought for true freedom my entire life, I have fought for personal freedom, individual freedom, my countries freedom and any other form on freedom you can even imagine. Now from my experience fighting for freedom all over the World, I have learned a simple undeniable fact Religion more than any other tenet has caused more conflicts that I have fought in than anything else. Religion has a very seeming innocent way of preaching good, but causing the worst in humanity to come to the surface every where we look in the World today where there is conflict, in one form or another religion has hand in it. Now, it's not the follows of a religion that cause these problems to occur, it's the leaders, the so called wise men who interpret what the written words in their holy books say and it's these same Leaders who tell their followers what is right and what is wrong. These same Leaders are the individuals who guide their people and change their beliefs so that they will embrace any direction their Leaders tell them to follow.

So please don't tell me that peoples rights to religious freedom are being infringed upon, no it is totally the opposite, Religion has a very bad habit of infringing upon the rights of others, and it has been the root of all conflict in this world since man had the ability to kill their fellow man, so please save the sanctimonious sermon you are trying to preach above, actions always speak louder then words and freedom is never free.;)

Peace 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

LOL...all about children though, right folks?!! Shameful form and sadly, some of you wear it like a badge of honor. 

What is shameful is when religious beliefs infringe upon the rights of others who are guaranteed the very rights that religious beliefs would take away. I am talking about the rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America, not the belief system that comes from biblical education, because you see biblical beliefs do not change the rights every American is born with, even though the religious right would certainly love change that if they could, so in reality the Badge of Honor your speaking of the very badge you wear upon your chest that you assume give you right to dictate to others what is or isn't religiously correct, is nothing but an extension of you!!!!!!:tu:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm saying it wasn't because he's caring or charitable. He's not, and it's a PR move. 

So, you'll only accept moves by a President if it's caring or charitable? How'd you feel about ACA? And if that equally hacked you off, can you find any of your posts where you put the last guy on blast?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

LOL, not sure what difference either article makes, Trump signed the order. If you care about kids, the order is either good or political fodder for those that uncontrollably hate him.

No actually it's the intent of the order that makes it good or bad, what is written upon the pages means very little, don't know about you but I did read it and it is nothing but a bunch of fluff that either already existed, of that doesnt explain clearly where the funding for the programs will come from. So while it does outline some great ideas, without the funding source being established it is not much more than a hope and prayer.:( So if you haven't read it from beginning to end I suggest you do so, leave the bias articles out of it and read the actual bill.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jerry Gallo said:

So, you'll only accept moves by a President if it's caring or charitable? How'd you feel about ACA? And if that equally hacked you off, can you find any of your posts where you put the last guy on blast?

Obama made me want to puke, he was owned by the drug and insurance companies and ACA should be rehashed so neither can commit such obvious fraud.

I had NEA -Blue Cross Blue Shield. Now I'm on Indian Health Services-Blue Cross Blue Shield which was passed by Carter.

So I could care less about ACA and how it's geared to profiteers

Tell you what though. A lot of vet buddies of mine dropped VA for Obamacare because it was better treatment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have fought for true freedom my entire life, I have fought for personal freedom, individual freedom, my countries freedom and any other form on freedom you can even imagine. Now from my experience fighting for freedom all over the World, I have learned a simple undeniable fact Religion more than any other tenet has caused more conflicts that I have fought in than anything else. Religion has a very seeming innocent way of preaching good, but causing the worst in humanity to come to the surface every where we look in the World today where there is conflict, in one form or another religion has hand in it. Now, it's not the follows of a religion that cause these problems to occur, it's the leaders, the so called wise men who interpret what the written words in their holy books say and it's these same Leaders who tell their followers what is right and what is wrong. These same Leaders are the individuals who guide their people and change their beliefs so that they will embrace any direction their Leaders tell them to follow.

So please don't tell me that peoples rights to religious freedom are being infringed upon, no it is totally the opposite, Religion has a very bad habit of infringing upon the rights of others, and it has been the root of all conflict in this world since man had the ability to kill their fellow man, so please save the sanctimonious sermon you are trying to preach above, actions always speak louder then words and freedom is never free.;)

Peace 

Yours is one opinion and no matter how well informed you might think it is, it's your opinion and nothing more. And to be fair, that's all mine is. But your bias is clear. You detest religion and anyone who believes it. That's called intolerance...from someone demanding tolerance from others. That's called hypocrisy.

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What is shameful is when religious beliefs infringe upon the rights of others who are guaranteed the very rights that religious beliefs would take away. I am talking about the rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America, not the belief system that comes from biblical education, because you see biblical beliefs do not change the rights every American is born with, even though the religious right would certainly love change that if they could, so in reality the Badge of Honor your speaking of the very badge you wear upon your chest that you assume give you right to dictate to others what is or isn't religiously correct, is nothing but an extension of you!!!!!!:tu:

Peace

The ability to adopt a child is not a right, it's a privilege. We know this because there are qualifications and requirements. A couple with no job, no insurance, and no home should still be able to adopt a child if adoption was a Constitutional right. Freedom of religion is clearly mentioned in our Constitution in black and white, none of the other social justice items you crusade for are even mentioned, those things are ferreted in via un-elected judges translating vague verbiage. Key here is, not one person has said "gay people cannot adopt children". What they may say is, "gay people cannot adopt children here". One is a violation of someone's rights, one is a qualification. So, then that pivots to discrimination, by the same people who clearly discriminate themselves. But denying adoption, not baking cakes or making floral arrangements isn't discrimination. A gay person is welcome to have a donut, buy roses for their partner, or attend a service if they choose. Now if those things are denied, then I am with you on the violation of civil rights. Of course we know the ONLY reason to choose faith-based options for marriage and adoption is for activism, but I digress. Forcing someone to participate in the ceremony of marriage or adoption, forcing them to violate their conscience, that's a clear violation of the Constitution. Everything after is hubris.  

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

No actually it's the intent of the order that makes it good or bad, what is written upon the pages means very little, don't know about you but I did read it and it is nothing but a bunch of fluff that either already existed, of that doesnt explain clearly where the funding for the programs will come from. So while it does outline some great ideas, without the funding source being established it is not much more than a hope and prayer.:( So if you haven't read it from beginning to end I suggest you do so, leave the bias articles out of it and read the actual bill.

Peace

Please, now you are mind-reading as if you have some insight into what others intentions are. It's complaining to complain. It's clear distaste for anyone who may disagree with you. For all the well-meaning words you wasted time to type, it's clear you hate Trump and people who practice religion...from someone who signs Peace on every post no less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

Obama made me want to puke, he was owned by the drug and insurance companies and ACA should be rehashed so neither can commit such obvious fraud.

I had NEA -Blue Cross Blue Shield. Now I'm on Indian Health Services-Blue Cross Blue Shield which was passed by Carter.

Tell you what though. A lot of vet buddies of mine dropped VA for Obamacare because it was better treatment

Don't care how you feel about ACA. I need to know if you blasted Obama on it here because it was clear the bill was a pander and not caring or charitable. For all your old-guy angst (which is frankly part of the reason I like ya), hoping you are capable of figuring out my message here sir. You obviously hate most gov't and both sides, it's the degree of which that I don't see consistency yet. I'll keep pointing it out as I see if, you are not alone on this. And frankly, if you admit you hate the right a little more than the left, I can abide and respect such an admission. It's when you say you hate both but spend 80% of your time blasting one over the other that loses my respect and interest. Still might like ya tho!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Jesus Wept. 
Why? 

? What

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

We agree here in principle that as the child ages, his/her chance of getting adopted is certainly lower. But 20% of adopted kids are in the system five for more years before they are adopted, so fair to say maybe we just have a different opinion on the definition of basically no chance?

Okay? No it's not immpossible lol.

It's normally a relative at that point. But yes it can still happen. But definitely becomes harder the older you get. 

• Like 2

This is a good thing.    I can give props to Trump for this.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, ACA is an obvious massive 'government'  handout to insurance and drug companies....but it's working great for me...I have  an annual $4100 out of pocket maximum with my Priority/Medicare plan.  Which we managed to pay off by May this year...after that , all of my stuff is paid for.  One of my treatments ,every three weeks, is charged at about $32,000 .  Scans are about $1700 to $6000......  I'm still debt free . .:)     I actually feel guilty for the public debt I cost....Sorry everybody :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Yours is one opinion and no matter how well informed you might think it is, it's your opinion and nothing more. And to be fair, that's all mine is. But your bias is clear. You detest religion and anyone who believes it. That's called intolerance...from someone demanding tolerance from others. That's called hypocrisy.

The ability to adopt a child is not a right, it's a privilege. We know this because there are qualifications and requirements. A couple with no job, no insurance, and no home should still be able to adopt a child if adoption was a Constitutional right. Freedom of religion is clearly mentioned in our Constitution in black and white, none of the other social justice items you crusade for are even mentioned, those things are ferreted in via un-elected judges translating vague verbiage. Key here is, not one person has said "gay people cannot adopt children". What they may say is, "gay people cannot adopt children here". One is a violation of someone's rights, one is a qualification. So, then that pivots to discrimination, by the same people who clearly discriminate themselves. But denying adoption, not baking cakes or making floral arrangements isn't discrimination. A gay person is welcome to have a donut, buy roses for their partner, or attend a service if they choose. Now if those things are denied, then I am with you on the violation of civil rights. Of course we know the ONLY reason to choose faith-based options for marriage and adoption is for activism, but I digress. Forcing someone to participate in the ceremony of marriage or adoption, forcing them to violate their conscience, that's a clear violation of the Constitution. Everything after is hubris.  

Please, now you are mind-reading as if you have some insight into what others intentions are. It's complaining to complain. It's clear distaste for anyone who may disagree with you. For all the well-meaning words you wasted time to type, it's clear you hate Trump and people who practice religion...from someone who signs Peace on every post no less.

No mine is not an opinion, I have fought for America, and beliefs about religion being the cause of conflict world wide are correct. I don't know if you took history in school but, if you did and you are still disagreeing with my comments you were either a poor student or you are intentionally being dishonest. Bias, why because I do not agree with you, bias because I have more experienced in the real world than you have and because I have seen first hand what religious beliefs create when they are translated for other than good. I have never detested religious beliefs or anyone who chooses to believe them, what I detest is how religious beliefs are twisted and turned into something other than good, by men who's ultimate goal is control and in tolerance. Now that's where your coming from not me, so if there is any Hypocrisy here your breeding it.

The ability to adopt a child has nothing to do with Race, Sexual orientation, or Privilege, adopting a child is based upon back ground and financial responsibility more than anything else, until you add Religion. Then it becomes about a belief system that prejudges people based upon a book and the interpretation of passages from that book, which in many cases are not interpreted the same way from Church to Church. Whether LBGT couples can adopt or can't adopt isn't up to a Religion like you wish it was, because that is ruling that the Supreme Court has already ruled in favor of, so legally LGBT couples can adopt anywhere or it is crime under Federal law. So keep on thinking that someone legally can tell a LBGT couple they cant adopt anywhere they choose to, so long as they meet the back ground and financial requirements.

One thing is for certain, you are not with me I do not associate with people who have secret lives in their closet, but I do give you credit for not trying hide the real you, or maybe you have but, you do not understand that hate has a way of always bubbling to the surface just like hot tar. Now, one thing I will make Crystal Clear, I am and have always been heterosexual, the reason I speak out on issues like this is because I hate Bigotry, and any form of discrimination against any Americans. That is why I spent 30 plus years in Government Service, fighting oppression around the World. I do not need a moral compass to do that or to see how religion is used as a Political tool that is wielded by the unrighteous. Forcing someone to violate their conscience when it comes to adoption is not a violation of Federal Law, and Hubris is the belief that your religion gives anyone the right to challenge the laws of land.

There is no complaint in my message, only truth and so far as distaste go's, I do have distaste along with complete disregard for any religious beliefs that infringe upon another's life. As far as our President goes he is not a religious man, the only thing that is important to him, that in anyway is religious are the votes he gets from the Christian Zionist Leadership the Vice President involved him during his run for office in 2016. These men would be the Reverend Hagee, and the Reverend Jeffress, who also gave the opening and closing speaches at the New US Embassy in Jerusalem. Reverend Hagee is the same man who publicly stated that Adolf Hitler was sent by God to punish the Jewish people, but also to ensure that the Jewish state would be formed in the 1940's. Reverend Jeffress is the man who openly stated that any Jewish person who don't vote for President Trump will burn hell, and it has also been proven that he ties to White Power, so I suppose that says all I need to know about those men.

Now those are the President Religious advisers, they are known as Extreme Right Wing Radicals even by the Evangelical religious communities they are part of. The reason I sign peace when I close a post is because of the Philosophy I believe in which is Buddhism, you see Buddhists don't have a Mythical Deity that has created all, knows all, and see all. Buddhists also do not start wars, or try and force their beliefs upon others, unlike the Christian faith, and unlike you. I was raised and Baptized a Catholic, even went to Catholic school for a while, and I have read the bible from front to back more than once. So I understand your beliefs and where they come from, along with how Christians use them Politically and other wise to try and cleans the world of what they perceive as in justice and evil. However, the one thing they forget is that a major tenant of Christianity is to forgive those who trespass against them Jesus taught this to his disciples, not to act in a racial bigoted manner where your goal is to harm your fellow man, I think you should brush up on your teachings, because by your post above you are out of date.

Peace

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Which home...the rightful one the parents forced them to leave to try and get them here illegally, or the one the parents tried to violate our immigration laws to get them into?

Well, I was thinking of the ones they left behind.  Catholic relief or some other charity could facilitate that since they work in multiple countries if we had some desire to do it. 

Are those kids any more to blame for the faults of their parents than the kids in foster care?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

For all the well-meaning words you wasted time to type, it's clear you hate Trump and people who practice religion...from someone who signs Peace on every post no less.

Now I think you are mind reading Jerry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

No mine is not an opinion, I have fought for America, and beliefs about religion being the cause of conflict world wide are correct. I don't know if you took history in school but, if you did and you are still disagreeing with my comments you were either a poor student or you are intentionally being dishonest. Bias, why because I do not agree with you, bias because I have more experienced in the real world than you have and because I have seen first hand what religious beliefs create when they are translated for other than good. I have never detested religious beliefs or anyone who chooses to believe them, what I detest is how religious beliefs are twisted and turned into something other than good, by men who's ultimate goal is control and in tolerance. Now that's where your coming from not me, so if there is any Hypocrisy here your breeding it.

The ability to adopt a child has nothing to do with Race, Sexual orientation, or Privilege, adopting a child is based upon back ground and financial responsibility more than anything else, until you add Religion. Then it becomes about a belief system that prejudges people based upon a book and the interpretation of passages from that book, which in many cases are not interpreted the same way from Church to Church. Whether LBGT couples can adopt or can't adopt isn't up to a Religion like you wish it was, because that is ruling that the Supreme Court has already ruled in favor of, so legally LGBT couples can adopt anywhere or it is crime under Federal law. So keep on thinking that someone legally can tell a LBGT couple they cant adopt anywhere they choose to, so long as they meet the back ground and financial requirements.

One thing is for certain, you are not with me I do not associate with people who have secret lives in their closet, but I do give you credit for not trying hide the real you, or maybe you have but, you do not understand that hate has a way of always bubbling to the surface just like hot tar. Now, one thing I will make Crystal Clear, I am and have always been heterosexual, the reason I speak out on issues like this is because I hate Bigotry, and any form of discrimination against any Americans. That is why I spent 30 plus years in Government Service, fighting oppression around the World. I do not need a moral compass to do that or to see how religion is used as a Political tool that is wielded by the unrighteous. Forcing someone to violate their conscience when it comes to adoption is not a violation of Federal Law, and Hubris is the belief that your religion gives anyone the right to challenge the laws of land.

There is no complaint in my message, only truth and so far as distaste go's, I do have distaste along with complete disregard for any religious beliefs that infringe upon another's life. As far as our President goes he is not a religious man, the only thing that is important to him, that in anyway is religious are the votes he gets from the Christian Zionist Leadership the Vice President involved him during his run for office in 2016. These men would be the Reverend Hagee, and the Reverend Jeffress, who also gave the opening and closing speaches at the New US Embassy in Jerusalem. Reverend Hagee is the same man who publicly stated that Adolf Hitler was sent by God to punish the Jewish people, but also to ensure that the Jewish state would be formed in the 1940's. Reverend Jeffress is the man who openly stated that any Jewish person who don't vote for President Trump will burn hell, and it has also been proven that he ties to White Power, so I suppose that says all I need to know about those men.

Now those are the President Religious advisers, they are known as Extreme Right Wing Radicals even by the Evangelical religious communities they are part of. The reason I sign peace when I close a post is because of the Philosophy I believe in which is Buddhism, you see Buddhists don't have a Mythical Deity that has created all, knows all, and see all. Buddhists also do not start wars, or try and force their beliefs upon others, unlike the Christian faith, and unlike you. I was raised and Baptized a Catholic, even went to Catholic school for a while, and I have read the bible from front to back more than once. So I understand your beliefs and where they come from, along with how Christians use them Politically and other wise to try and cleans the world of what they perceive as in justice and evil. However, the one thing they forget is that a major tenant of Christianity is to forgive those who trespass against them Jesus taught this to his disciples, not to act in a racial bigoted manner where your goal is to harm your fellow man, I think you should brush up on your teachings, because by your post above you are out of date.

Peace

FFS, it absolutely is an opinion. An absurdly arrogant one at that. And typical of any anti-religion bigot, you don't even bother to listen...just continue to rant your aura of superiority like it matters.

SCOTUS has yet to rule on adoption, but let's say they do and go against faith based organizations. Now those places shutter their services. LGBT will still have to go to the same places they do now, only there may be fewer kids and more red tape. And there may be fewer parents who might only adopt via a faith based option. So, you've weakened the whole in an effort to punish those you are bigoted against to ensure the rights of a few activists and feel good about your disdain for religious people. Meanwhile, the kids you exploit and pretend to care about most likely suffer more than they currently do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, I was thinking of the ones they left behind.  Catholic relief or some other charity could facilitate that since they work in multiple countries if we had some desire to do it. 

Are those kids any more to blame for the faults of their parents than the kids in foster care?

Who is blaming the kids? The kids in foster care are citizens, so I guess the kids should be returned to their home country's foster care system.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

FFS, it absolutely is an opinion. An absurdly arrogant one at that. And typical of any anti-religion bigot, you don't even bother to listen...just continue to rant your aura of superiority like it matters.

SCOTUS has yet to rule on adoption, but let's say they do and go against faith based organizations. Now those places shutter their services. LGBT will still have to go to the same places they do now, only there may be fewer kids and more red tape. And there may be fewer parents who might only adopt via a faith based option. So, you've weakened the whole in an effort to punish those you are bigoted against to ensure the rights of a few activists and feel good about your disdain for religious people. Meanwhile, the kids you exploit and pretend to care about most likely suffer more than they currently do.

Most foster care agencies take government money.

If you take government money then you can't discriminate against LTGB based on your beliefs. Since LTGB are also citizens. 

I don't see how that would be fair otherwise.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Now I think you are mind reading Jerry.

But am I the first to do it here? Or just the first you called out? You figuring this out yet...right and anti-right...the latter seems to have some shame admitting what they are even as they prove it day after day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Most foster care agencies take government money.

If you take government money then you can't discriminate against LTGB based on your beliefs. Since LTGB are also citizens. 

I don't see how that would be fair otherwise.

Don't disagree...I would 100% endorse removal of federal funding which solves the legal conflict and still protects the rights of the faith-based org. And, I would put every member of the faith-based org on blast that they still can foster and keep their faith, they just need to pony up the funds themselves to do so. I'm not blindly loyal to religious outfits, but I think we both know that a) that solution wouldn't be enough - in fact not even the purpose here and b) that the next step would be a push to remove tax exempt status to further punish. And I'll leave alone the fact that Planned Parenthood takes government money and performs abortions even though the law says they cannot. So, that war is sure to ensue pretty quickly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Who is blaming the kids? The kids in foster care are citizens, so I guess the kids should be returned to their home country's foster care system.

Was that not your first reaction?  I can't read your mind of course, but you seemed pretty quick to start putting up the barriers. assuming I was suggesting letting them loose in this country.  

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Was that not your first reaction?  I can't read your mind of course, but you seemed pretty quick to start putting up the barriers. assuming I was suggesting letting them loose in this country.  

"Chain link kennels" - I simply react to your words bro. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry Gallo said:

"Chain link kennels" - I simply react to your words bro. 

Was your first reaction to think about the kids or be defensive of our practice?  How we confine them and how long is a choice on our part that we bear responsibility for.  It is not a requirement of maintaining a secure border. It says something about how we think about  humanity 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

But am I the first to do it here? Or just the first you called out? You figuring this out yet...right and anti-right...the latter seems to have some shame admitting what they are even as they prove it day after day.

No and Yes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Was your first reaction to think about the kids or be defensive of our practice?  How we confine them and how long is a choice on our part that we bear responsibility for.  It is not a requirement of maintaining a secure border. It says something about how we think about  humanity 

Yes and no. The playground in the town I grew up in was surrounded by a high chain link fence with gates that were locked at night. Granted this fence did not have razor wire atop to prevent climbing (which was almost as fun as the swings and other features in the park). Any forced separation from parents and lack of educational resources for the same portion of the day as our citizens enjoy I find more troublesome policy than the confinement while the complex immigration laws applicable to each case are sorted.

10 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

? What

Why aren’t kids likely to be fostered after the age of 5?