Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Sounds from Guizhou China Mountain

mavakaga

For the last 10 days this "mysterious" sound has been happening in the mountains of Guizhou province in China. Is it a Dragon or something more sinister or evil? Never heard this sound before, and it's been going on for the last 10 days! Thousands have been coming to the area to have a listen and luckily recorded it. Here it is, what's your guess?

https://youtu.be/pvs1QIhUM-8

• Like 1

The second sound is the "Hound of the Baskervilles" from an audiobook.  The first one is probably the same kind of source - hoax...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

The second sound is the "Hound of the Baskervilles" from an audiobook.  The first one is probably the same kind of source - hoax...

Off to check out the hound of the baskervilles

Sounds like someone is torturing a cow. Geological source? Impending landslide from all the rain? Volcanic? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Sounds like someone is torturing a cow. Geological source? Impending landslide from all the rain? Volcanic? 

I was thinking some sort of wounded animal also, but 10 straight days??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mavakaga said:

If it was fake, you'd have thought they'd have found the source by now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mavakaga said:

Lots of cows? Or could it be......:alien::unsure2:

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Lots of cows? Or could it be......:alien::unsure2:

Hope we find out soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mavakaga said:

Off to check out the hound of the baskervilles

It's the sound of the hound itself.  It came from the audio book series, THE COMPLETE STORIES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES  Volumn Two

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

It's the sound of the hound itself.  It came from the audio book series, THE COMPLETE STORIES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES  Volumn Two

Could you isolate it, and post it so we can compare? What sounds like the hound of Baskerville to you may not sound like it to others. Yes, it may be a hoax. But at this point, I'm inclined to disagree with you. If it is a hoax, I will admit you were right in  heartbeat. On U.M. Deal?

Edited by Hankenhunter

Interesting that this has been going on for days upon days and causing great alarm, yet every single link I find to information on it comes back to only you. Even the youtube is yours and in need of clicks.

Not feeling it, but you did get told by a guy from Hawaii they heard similar there before the lava flows. If this IS on the level, that is your most likely answer. More likely than a dragon, but, then again, you never know...

I rated it as "crap" on godlike promotions and still think so. Sorry.

JMO and all that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Interesting that this has been going on for days upon days and causing great alarm, yet every single link I find to information on it comes back to only you. Even the youtube is yours and in need of clicks.

Not feeling it, but you did get told by a guy from Hawaii they heard similar there before the lava flows. If this IS on the level, that is your most likely answer. More likely than a dragon, but, then again, you never know...

I rated it as "crap" on godlike promotions and still think so. Sorry.

JMO and all that.

There are two other videos on youtube in mandarin actually, so no not just mine, but thanks anyway

It seems the mystery has been solved.

Zoologists later revealed that the sound was, in fact, coming from a type of small bird called the yellow-legged buttonquail.

Hardly bigger than a sparrow, the little ground birds have a disproportionately loud song.

During the breeding season, the females repeatedly utter the booming hoots which can be heard at a distance as far as 100 metres (328 feet).

The expert’s conclusion was confirmed by some villagers who had spotted the animals while they were making the noise.

Local police said that they had detained at least four residents for spreading rumours online, claiming the sound was a dragon’s humming.

https://newscolony.com/thousands-of-villagers-swarm-to-hunt-for-a-mysterious-creature-after-hearing-dragons-humming/

• Like 2

Oh heck, I thought it was a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Still Waters said:

It seems the mystery has been solved.

Well there ya go dashing my hopes of a dragon. 

Pfffft.

• Haha 1

The audio sound of the wolf almost looks like it was added in because right after the howl you hear the sound of thundering. Yet there is no rain just an overcast sky, then the sound of birds humming right after the supposed thunder boom? In addition when you listen to this audio from the hound of baskerville you hear the similar wolf howl and the birds chirping. 

On 7/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, and then said:

787E162E-D6BA-4D17-B82B-6D55BA309AAF.jpeg.a315b79784eaebe397f1c3c522da4d9a.jpeg