Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
itsnotoutthere

BBC Distances itself from Black Lives Matter

Recommended Posts

itsnotoutthere

BBC rules that staff should not wear Black Lives Matter badges on air

The BBC has decided its presenters and guests should not wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have ruled that “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter should not be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

It comes as a number of high-profile organisations were forced to backtrack on their support for the Black Lives Matter movement as its UK arm publicly criticised Israel and called on the British government to “defund the police”.

The BBC’s stance is at odds with other broadcasters including Sky who have displayed BLM hashtags between programmes and encouraged presenters to wear badges of support....

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/bbc-tells-staff-not-wear-black-lives-matters-badges-on-air/

 

How come everybody else knew what BLM were about? You only had to read there official web site.  And the BBC claim to be professional journalists....joke.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Setton
8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

BBC rules that staff should not wear Black Lives Matter badges on air

The BBC has decided its presenters and guests should not wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have ruled that “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter should not be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

It comes as a number of high-profile organisations were forced to backtrack on their support for the Black Lives Matter movement as its UK arm publicly criticised Israel and called on the British government to “defund the police”.

The BBC’s stance is at odds with other broadcasters including Sky who have displayed BLM hashtags between programmes and encouraged presenters to wear badges of support....

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/bbc-tells-staff-not-wear-black-lives-matters-badges-on-air/

 

How come everybody else knew what BLM were about? You only had to read there official web site.  And the BBC claim to be professional journalists....joke.

The best way I've seen it put is:

I support Black Lives Matter, the principle.

I support many of the individual protestors at Black Lives Matter events.

I do not support Black Lives Matter, the organisation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
9 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

BBC rules that staff should not wear Black Lives Matter badges on air

The BBC has decided its presenters and guests should not wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have ruled that “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter should not be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

It comes as a number of high-profile organisations were forced to backtrack on their support for the Black Lives Matter movement as its UK arm publicly criticised Israel and called on the British government to “defund the police”.

The BBC’s stance is at odds with other broadcasters including Sky who have displayed BLM hashtags between programmes and encouraged presenters to wear badges of support....

 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/01/bbc-tells-staff-not-wear-black-lives-matters-badges-on-air/

 

How come everybody else knew what BLM were about? You only had to read there official web site.  And the BBC claim to be professional journalists....joke.

The Premier League are another one. its what happens when white guilt rush in, - fearing a social media backlash. strange how so many people and organisations think social media is the real world.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
52 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The Premier League are another one. its what happens when white guilt rush in, - fearing a social media backlash. strange how so many people and organisations think social media is the real world.

 

With the Brexit referendum and Trump we have seen how resistant to the lefty media and lefty arguments the public are. My personal favourite was the failure of Corbyn to get elected the first time, the delusional thinking the left then engaged in, and then his failure to get elected a second time LMAO. 

My next personal favourite will be Trump securing a second term in office which will be quite frankly... hilarious! Then after that a post-Brexit boom.

The general public arent socialist, yet someone forgot to tell the media and prominent personalities that. Most people are in the middle and they vote centre-right, then centre-left, back and forth, between two main parties. They usually vote one way until the Government of the day does something to upset them, then they switch to the other.

The lefties appear to be both sore winners and sore losers. When they win they delude themselves into thinking the public want socialism, then when they lose they riot. Funny lol.

For those companies who are foolish in taking a political stance then we have to let them offend their customer base and users. The BBC, Guardian, CNN, and Washington Post, have destroyed their reputations over the last 5 years. No one takes them seriously anymore unless they are a fervent socialist or Europhile. 

I hope Boris carries through and privatises the BBC. It has needed doing for a long time and I really cannot believe we have to buy television licenses to fund that lefty propaganda outlet. Its not like their programs are any good, they have even `leftified` Doctor Who.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

With the Brexit referendum and Trump we have seen how resistant to the lefty media and lefty arguments the public are. My personal favourite was the failure of Corbyn to get elected the first time, the delusional thinking the left then engaged in, and then his failure to get elected a second time LMAO. 

 

Would this be lefty media like the BBC who were reprimanded for being unfairly biased against Corbyn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Setton said:

Would this be lefty media like the BBC who were reprimanded for being unfairly biased against Corbyn?

'Reprimanded'...er..by Momentum twonks.

Funny how when the BBC is accused of left wing bias, and it is suggested that perhaps a new funding model is required, it's always the left, and in particular the hard left Guardian that jumps to its defence. You'd think that the left would be all for a shake up of the way the BBC is funded, apparently it's predominantly poor single mothers that serve jail time for non payment of the T.V. tax.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

The Premier League are another one. its what happens when white guilt rush in, - fearing a social media backlash. strange how so many people and organisations think social media is the real world.

 

If some white guy took to his knees around me, I'd have to resist the temptation to spit on him for his cowardice.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
20 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The lefties appear to be both sore winners and sore losers. When they win they delude themselves into thinking the public want socialism, then when they lose they riot. Funny lol.

Their behavior seems counter-intuitive at best unless the real goal is to keep escalating until real civil disorder and violence begin.  People are already on the edge now and all it's going to take is one nutter with a semi auto going off on some group that is attacking him and we're off to the races, no pun intended :(   If that happens, a lot of people are going to learn too late that fires are always easier to start than to extinguish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
On 7/3/2020 at 12:31 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

The BBC has decided its presenters and guests should not wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have ruled that “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter should not be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

 

they (BBC bosses) are probably getting twitchy about their gravy train funding...

when the likes of Chris Evans and Gary Lineker get / got around 2 million a year each of the public's money (no matter how poor they are if they want to have a telly and watch it)

and many executives and employees get paid vastly more than key workers like nurses etc....

the General Public just might endorse pulling the plug on them if they show such blatant political bias - and they know it...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free99

Yea their not the only one. People that have lived their lives and never been racist are waking up to the facts of becoming racist. I’m so sick of hearing about this crap. 

If you break the law you will be arrested and if you fight the police and resist arrest you can be killed it’s always been that way regardless of your skin color.

And it’s All Lives Matter!!! Not Black lives matter. But you people are so racist you wouldn’t know that. 
it’s not about what lives matter to you people it’s about what you can steal and plunder when you cause a riot. You all deserve to be behind bars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

Black Lives Matter (UK) where just a new wing of the Socialist Workers Party. 

I have to admire them for spotting the opportunity at such an early stage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

'Reprimanded'...er..by Momentum twonks.

No, by Ofcom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then
1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Black Lives Matter (UK) where just a new wing of the Socialist Workers Party. 

I have to admire them for spotting the opportunity at such an early stage. 

I'm pretty sure they've been so well trained and indoctrinated in Marxism that they were just waiting the chance to launch their attacks.  Kind of inconvenient for the truth about BLM to have slipped out too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
43 minutes ago, Free99 said:

Yea their not the only one. People that have lived their lives and never been racist are waking up to the facts of becoming racist. I’m so sick of hearing about this crap. 

If you break the law you will be arrested and if you fight the police and resist arrest you can be killed it’s always been that way regardless of your skin color.

And it’s All Lives Matter!!! Not Black lives matter. But you people are so racist you wouldn’t know that. 
it’s not about what lives matter to you people it’s about what you can steal and plunder when you cause a riot. You all deserve to be behind bars.

....

Are you talking to people in this thread or the ones in your head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

....

Are you talking to people in this thread or the ones in your head?

What an odd comment :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
45 minutes ago, Free99 said:

Yea their not the only one. People that have lived their lives and never been racist are waking up to the facts of becoming racist. I’m so sick of hearing about this crap. 

 

yes - one could certainly be forgiven for thinking (working out) that BLM are NOT promoted to help get rid of racism but to actually CREATE racism and use it to divide people (with a view to increasing authoritarian rule over them)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnotoutthere
46 minutes ago, bee said:

 

yes - one could certainly be forgiven for thinking (working out) that BLM are NOT promoted to help get rid of racism but to actually CREATE racism and use it to divide people (with a view to increasing authoritarian rule over them)

 

Agree. In my view, those that shout 'racist' the most are really the ones that have a problem with race...they see everything through the prism of race.

It all comes back to identity politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

What an odd comment :(

Do you see anyone in this thread who want to 'steal and plunder' or 'all deserve to be behind bars'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free99

I’m so sick of hearing about Black Lives Matter that I’m watching people around me who were never racist become racist. Stop trying to segregate yourselves with racist organizations and fight to end anything and everything racist. But no! Keep it going and watch what happens!!! There is no sense in this it’s pathetic get off you’re a$$ and get a job. Stop trying to live off the past. You’re ancestors had as much to do with it as everyone else. They traded you’re ancestors for beads and anything else they could get their hands on. If you had any kind of education you would know this. Stop being stupid!!! Change does not come from acting like animals. If you want to act like animals be ready to be treated as such. Protest sure hold up signs and picket areas but destruction of anything and looting yea you belong in prison..........................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
On 7/4/2020 at 2:37 AM, and then said:

If some white guy took to his knees around me, I'd have to resist the temptation to spit on him for his cowardice.  

My friend told me he went to the protest one day and this white dude hands and knees bowed to him. 

And told the guy not to do that, made him feel really uncomfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Susanc241
On 7/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, Cookie Monster said:

The general public arent socialist, yet someone forgot to tell the media and prominent personalities that. Most people are in the middle and they vote centre-right, then centre-left, back and forth, between two main parties. They usually vote one way until the Government of the day does something to upset them, then they switch to the other.

Here, here!  Couldn’t have explained it better myself.  Neither extremes of far left and far right end up well for the general population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.