Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This photo of a 'human-sized' bat is real

UM-Bot

Ha ha, last time I saw that photo online was around same time I joined here, 12 years ago!

51 minutes ago, _Only said:

Ha ha, last time I saw that photo online was around same time I joined here, 12 years ago!

Photos like this always come in cycles. 

"NEVER BEFORE SEEN" literally seen by billions. 

Still cool, though. Not gonna lie, a bat that big would freak me out a bit. Even smaller bats flying around our department building makes my anxiety go nuts. 

a 5' wingspan translates to an actual body size in the range of a large house cat or small dog. Much like a great grey owl or bald eagle.

Yeah, that's "human-sized"... :rolleyes:

Edited by Seti42
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seti42 said:

a 5' wingspan translates to an actual body size in the range of a large house cat or small dog. Much like a great grey owl or bald eagle.

Yeah, that's "human-sized"... :rolleyes:

In journalism school, they teach you that 'human sized' is anything 1' or more. 

• Haha 1

There's always been bats fluttering around where I live. It's not anything uncommon, but most people I know freak out when they figure out they are looking at a bat instead of a bird. I think people watch too many horror movies. About 20-25 years ago my sis-in-law called my brother home because a bat was attacking her in their car port in the middle of the day. It just found a place to sleep & she disturbed it. That thing nearly gave her a heart attack. I'm pretty sure that she gave it one as well because it was just laying there on the concrete where it moved to. We left it alone & it was gone as soon as it was able.

That was one of the itty bitty bats. Can NOT imagine what'd happen if they had a 5 feet wingspan here. People would be breaking out their stakes & garlic I guess. LOL

• Like 1

I wonder how long it actually is?

My baby boy is like 24 inches long and hes a human..... So human sized is relative.

• Like 1

Maybe Mothman is actually a giant golden-crowned flying fox

I've heard some people say they've seen Thunder bird's, some havd0e seen humanoid creatures too which I believe. Why? Bcz no ohe is going make up something like that especially with their jpb & family's hanging in the midst.