Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Almost 30,000 'excess' care homes deaths

Eldorado

"Almost 30,000 more care home residents in England and Wales died during the coronavirus outbreak than during the same period in 2019, ONS figures show.

"But only two-thirds were directly attributable to Covid-19.

"The Office for National Statistics figures are the first to reveal the full toll on care homes, including deaths that happened in hospital.

"Care homes in England will carry out routine testing from Monday.

"There were just over 66,000 deaths of care home residents in England and Wales between 2 March and 12 June this year, compared to just under 37,000 deaths last year."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53280011

"Deaths involving COVID-19 in the care sector, England and Wales: deaths occurring up to 12 June 2020 and registered up to 20 June 2020 (provisional)"

Provisional Report at the UK Office for National Statistics: Link

• Sad 9

Don't you think this is just the tip of the iceberg, El?

How many deaths were not attributed to Covid because there was insufficient testing or none at all?

I didn't read the link, TBH, because this shlt upsets me. (As the youngest sibling, I can imagine ending up trapped in a care home)

Edited by acute
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I think what has just happened to us. (Covid) can be seen as a blessing and a curse.
Regardless as if it was as bad as we thought or not it can be a wake up call to many sectors of our lives.

Unfortunately lives have been lost, but this is our time to become reconnected and remember what's at stake.

Maybe this is the tip of the iceburg, but the important thing is attention and what we do going forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

How many deaths were not attributed to Covid because there was insufficient testing or none at all?

The opposite has happened here in the U.S.  25% or more, of the deaths attributed to Covid 19 were not proven by testing.  If the test was done post-mortem and the patient tested positive they were counted as dying FROM Covid 19 instead of "with" Covid 19.  This scourge was bad enough without political vultures using it for their purposes.

Canada's guilty. The crap hit the fan when people in senior, and extended care facilities started dropping like flies from covid, or covid complications due to crappy care protocols, and just plain neglect. The armed forces were volunteered to go to the worst ones and take over while investigations, and rectifications were implemented. It was horrible, and unacceptable. We let our elderly down twice. Once for failing to protect them, the 2nd was not being there for them when they died. Alone. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-canada-long-term-care-deaths-study-1.5626751

Edited by Hankenhunter