Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bird of prey carrying shark-like fish, viral

Still Waters

Beachgoers in South Carolina experienced "Sharknado" in real life this week when a massive bird was caught on video flying through the air, carrying what many believed to be a shark in its talons. 

The video, captured by Tennessee native Ashley White last week and shared on the Tracking Sharks Twitter account, shows the eagle-like bird flying over Myrtle Beach, carrying its impressive catch as it wiggles and attempts to escape. White tweeted that she took the video from the 17th floor of the building she was staying at. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viral-video-bird-of-prey-carrying-massive-shark-fish-myrtle-beach/

• Like 4

The real Sharknato  :lol:

Edited by S I N

I think the bird was just flying around showing off his catch to his other bird friends. �awe yeah. Look what I scored. Let's see you seagulls beat this!�

• Haha 1

That is amazing, but when will people learn to stop holding their phones vertically when they shoot photos or video?! I feel like phones need to tell you to at this point, because people apparently cannot learn anything, despite having watched so many examples of professional cinematography.

I'd bet the farm that the bird is an osprey, but that's no shark. Tough to tell for sure, but I'd say it's something in the tuna family. Maybe an albacore.

• Like 1

There are lots of shark species, and not all of them grow so big.

Edited by MissJatti

It looks like a vulture of some kind with small smooth hound or one of the smaller sharks

They light/white underside says Osprey . . .   I have seen an Osprey eating a fish larger than this!