Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pixies of Erwin Saunders

papageorge1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Where does he say he's just having a little fun? He's claiming to be serious actually to me. Are you disrespecting him?

Now this is getting silly.

Erwin Saunders has 17 pixie related videos. It's obvious to anyone his YouTube channel is nothing more than light entertainment.

@papageorge1 You started this topic to ask everyone's opinion, which you have been given. Yet it's clear you're not happy being told the pixies in them aren't real. Why do you think they are?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, that's the kind of bias that makes me pull out the term 'pseudo-skeptic'. An honest skeptic would acknowledge he can't fully dismiss this guy's claims at this time. He would also consider the body of 'like' claims from sane people.

Hey guy, I understand how impossible anything outside of our normal physical realm seems. I try not to get too addicted to that comfortable feeling of knowing as this universe is a mind blower I am already convinced. Did more reading and video watching last night on little people claims. I have to believe there are impossible seeming realms beyond our normal one. The etheric and astral planes/realms probably contain a myriad of things that our everyday mind would have to assume are fantasy.

It's obvious CGI.

So the only way it works for you is if these pixies are deliberately trying to exhibit bad physical actions to support the CGI explanation.

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Can you even imagine a little people photo/video that wouldn't look humorously fake? Just think before answering.

Humorously fake is something you have supported in multiple cases.

A realistic little person video would look realistic. Physics would look right etc.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

The videos are cute. He's obviously not trying to prove anything with them. Just having a little fun.

I agree, he's selling it and it's wholesome for anyone who wants to enjoy it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You can't shoot imaginary creatures. 

Like you cannot take video of them ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Now this is getting silly.

Erwin Saunders has 17 pixie related videos. It's obvious to anyone his YouTube channel is nothing more than light entertainment.

@papageorge1 You started this topic to ask everyone's opinion, which you have been given. Yet it's clear you're not happy being told the pixies in them aren't real.

No it is not obvious to everyone. Certainly, the regulars on here do not represent a cross section of anything. The most prolific posters here are antagonistic to everything paranormal/alien/crypto. This forum needs more Papas. And I acknowledged how even I have an incredulous wall built up against the concept of little people.

6 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Why do you think they are?

The old trick of if I say something is possible I am saying IT IS real and probably should even have PROOF in hand for the likes of you guys. Sheesh, the words that get put in my mouth.

I have given my reasons multiple times already why this guy MIGHT be real.

An etheric realm of reality is certainly a mind blow but I think it is highly likely too. But isn't everything paranormal a mind blow that some of us come to accept. Whether Saunders has caught it on camera is the question I haven't answered.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

I agree, he's selling it and it's wholesome for anyone who wants to enjoy it.

That is an opinion I also give significant chance to.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

And I acknowledged how even I have an incredulous wall built up against the concept of little people.

You don't think midgets exist?

• Thanks 1

Explanations of the Myth

Some scholars believe that Pixie folklore is, in fact, based on a real, ancient race of people who lived in or near southern England. The Pict tribe, famous for their blue war paint, are often pointed to as “real life Pixies,” but the theory is undermined by the fact that the Scottish tribe was located a good distance from Devon and Cornwall. Other scholars believe that a race of pygmy people might have lived on the islands off the coast of Southern England.

https://mythology.net/mythical-creatures/pixie/

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No it is not obvious to everyone. Certainly, the regulars on here do not represent a cross section of anything.

But it's only UM registered members who can post in this thread to tell you what they think of the videos.

If you want more choice you could search on Google for discussions on Erwin Saunders and his pixies.There are plenty to be found and you'll be able to see for yourself what other people are saying, you'll also see how often "CGI" comes up in the discussions.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

But it's only UM registered members who can post in this thread to tell you what they think of the videos.

If you want more choice you could search on Google for discussions on Erwin Saunders and his pixies.There are plenty to be found and you'll be able to see for yourself what other people are saying, you'll also see how often "CGI" comes up in the discussions.

Oh thank you. I did this and he dismissed the whole CGI thing outright.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Actually I've done what I could in looking around beyond this forum. But saying 'it's obvious to anyone' is still an overstatement after my further research. 

He has been at this for at least 25 years or so and one of the videos showed a picture him his younger days. I am probably influenced more than the average person by my acquaintance with other people that definitely seem to mean to be serious including Native American Robyn MoonShadow. I've seen these sources get into details that would have no entertainment value to regular people. We've had regular anonymous people even on this forum discussing encounters with akin things. Go figure what is all going on and an honest person won't have the full certainty they exude.

Yes, I believe the etheric realm and these pixies are something between real and imaginary. MoonShadow was hinting that even Bigfoot was a related subject. Regular people see these huge and mostly little creatures that don't fit into physical science. Also I am convinced a lot of this universe falls outside our normal and intellectually acceptable box.

Can I fully explain it all or provide proof, No. I am convinced a real Unexplained Mystery exists in this stuff.

Edited by papageorge1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I did this and he dismissed the whole CGI thing outright.

@Still Waters    The Papameter 2.0 gave CGI a 33% chance in the latest reading. Hardly a dismissal.

Any oxygen to the paranormal/alien/crypto and some can't think straight with madness. That's an unfortunate side to what this forum is becoming.

22 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Sure, the little people existed...Maybe not in the U.K but still..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_floresiensis

Sure, but human species are not what we are talking about here. Think pixies/elves/gnomes/etc..

On 7/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, papageorge1 said:

No it is not obvious to everyone. Certainly, the regulars on here do not represent a cross section of anything. The most prolific posters here are antagonistic to everything paranormal/alien/crypto. 

Because UM is where most crap videos end their short life span after being debunked/explained. Actually you can gain some education and critical thinking skils thanks to prolific posters in here. If you want people agreeing with you on poorly done cgi fairy videos you can try reddit. In some subs mods will ban you if you point out bad cgi or explain why pareidolia is a thing and probably jesus is not talking to you at night on a toast.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Any oxygen to the paranormal/alien/crypto and some can't think straight with madness. 

Point to someone in this thread that claimed the old man was crazy? We said CGI. Done for entertainment purposes. A lot of this stuff comes down to a persons imagination. They see things that aren't there. That does not by any means mean they've "glimpsed into the astral", it means they've seen a figment of their imaginations. You just don't like things being explained. So you take our your hatred for skeptics on us. Any time someone post an explanation or even an answer you get angry at them. 

That's an unfortunate side to what this forum is becoming.

The forum is fine when believers are open minded and not bias hateful jerks. I've had several good discussions with believers over the years. However those like yourself only want what they want and to hell with the rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBene said:

Because UM is where most crap videos end their short life span after being debunked/explained. Actually you can gain some education and critical thinking skils thanks to prolific posters in here. If you want people agreeing with you on poorly done cgi fairy videos you can try reddit. In some subs mods will ban you if you point out bad cgi or explain why pareidolia is a thing and probably jesus is not talking to you at night on a toast.  

Oh, and the other side can't know more and out critically think the pseudo-skeptics sometimes. I see how it is.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh, and the other side can't know more and out critically think the pseudo-skeptics sometimes. I see how it is.

Well if they think bad cgi is real, I guess the other side is not so brilliant. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Point to someone in this thread that claimed the old man was crazy? We said CGI. Done for entertainment purposes. A lot of this stuff comes down to a persons imagination. They see things that aren't there. That does not by any means mean they've "glimpsed into the astral", it means they've seen a figment of their imaginations. You just don't like things being explained. So you take our your hatred for skeptics on us. Any time someone post an explanation or even an answer you get angry at them. 

The forum is fine when believers are open minded and not bias hateful jerks. I've had several good discussions with believers over the years. However those like yourself only want what they want and to hell with the rest. 

When someone claims I just dismissed the CGI explanation I can see what is really going on here.

4 minutes ago, MrBene said:

Well if they think bad cgi is real, I guess the other side is not so brilliant. 

So far no one has said it is real in this thread. Pseudo-skeptics lose touch with facts in their zeal. That's why they need to be retold things.

Edited by papageorge1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

When someone claims I just dismissed the CGI explanation I can see what is really going on here.

33% is basically a dismissal because the result is belief. I'm not surprised by this. You are the guy we had a multi-page argument with about a piano wire....

Even when a person who knows a lot about piano's told you the wires break you still dismissed it. And my experience with metal working and knowing how weather affects steels didn't knock a dent in your assumption. 

If you think CGI = Real, then you're a lost cause.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

So far no one has said it is real in this thread. Pseudo-skeptics lose touch with facts in their zeal. That's why they need to be retold things.

So are you admitting that you're wasting forum space on a video that offers nothing? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So, you're saying that you are educating us? I am going to quote one of my 6 year old students and say LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1