Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ganymede Hypothesis

captorofsin

I've recently discovered the so called "Ganymede Hypothesis" on YouTube which provides an alternative explanation regarding the formation of the solar system:

I find the notion of our gas giants, particularly Jupiter, acting as a body more akin to a brown dwarf star in the early formation of our solar system, fascinating. The idea of Jupiter being the hypothetical "sun" to Ganymede and the other surrounding moons, and concept of it being located in a region of the early solar system that it would have been conducing to the formation of life, I also find very intriguing.

The theory provides an explanation to why the planets other than Mercury and Jupiter are at a different axial tilt to our sun, and an explanation to why Venus is as hot as it is.

Theodore A Holden, co-author along with Troy D McLachlan, of the paper Cosmos in Collision had written a summary of his hypothesis over at Ancient Origins which sums things up nicely.

I was wondering if anyone had come across Ganymede Hypothesis and if you think the science behind it is at all plausible.

So basically Theodore A Holden cherry picked evidence to come up with a theory that is contradicted by physics and biology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

So basically Theodore A Holden cherry picked evidence to come up with a theory that is contradicted by physics and biology.

Loony screwhead....

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ted_Holden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

The moment the video said Jupiter was a brown dwarf I could tell the theory is bull****.  Jupiter just magically lost over 13 times it's mass.  There is also the whole thing about humans originating from Ganymede.  The guy is completely clueless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

The moment the video said Jupiter was a brown dwarf I could tell the theory is bull****.  Jupiter just magically lost over 13 times it's mass.  There is also the whole thing about humans originating from Ganymede.  The guy is completely clueless.

He's a bloody lunatic is what he is. 

He was here once under one of his nom de plumes. Harte tore him up. 

• Like 2