Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowie researcher recalls his first encounter

UM-Bot

For me it is the so many direct encounters of people that has me believing this phenomena has something real to it. The quantity, quality and consistency of just the direct witness evidence has me convinced.

You also have to think these people are certainly not lying when they devote so much of their lives to these things.

Papameter 2.0 Reading

95% Bigfoot-like Creatures Exist     5% All hoax and misinterpretation

Confidence Level: Very High

I also have come to believe these are not just another species of animal/human as they possess characteristics we call 'paranormal' including shifting from our normal physical plane of reality.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 4

tumblr_mlzg3qRGhH1rtg1hvo1_500.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Stiff said:

tumblr_mlzg3qRGhH1rtg1hvo1_500.jpg

Poor reasoning for this topic.

Untold amount of evidence in the form of direct eyewitness accounts and videos exist. Apparently some confuse the words ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’.

• Like 2

I think Bigfoot myths persist because out of all the cryptid myths, they seem the most plausible to many.

We know other hominids existed relatively recently, and we know many primates still exist. We even have actual evidence of "Bigfoot" existing in the past, with Gigantopithecus.  

Of course, there's also a lot people who are economically invested too. Their livelihoods depend on believers, much like the people who own businesses around Loch Ness depend on Nessie tourism. 

Fact is though, there is zero evidence that Bigfoot-type creatures/beings exist. None. There's plenty of hearsay, conjecture, honest mistakes, pranks, and dishonest BSing though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Untold amount of evidence in the form of direct eyewitness accounts and videos exist. Apparently some confuse the words ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’.

Eyewitness accounts is not evidence - it's hearsay and stories, nothing more. And the vast amount of videos are laughable, that only fools would fall for.

In this particular case, nobody is confused between the words 'evidence' and 'proof''. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

For me it is the so many direct encounters of people that has me believing this phenomena has something real to it. The quantity, quality and consistency of just the direct witness evidence has me convinced.

You also have to think these people are certainly not lying when they devote so much of their lives to these things.

Papameter 2.0 Reading

95% Bigfoot-like Creatures Exist     5% All hoax and misinterpretation

Confidence Level: Very High

I also have come to believe these are not just another species of animal/human as they possess characteristics we call 'paranormal' including shifting from our normal physical plane of reality.

With all this "evidence" eventually leading to 100% nothing should the percentages at least be the other way around?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Eyewitness accounts is not evidence - it's hearsay and stories, nothing more. And the vast amount of videos are laughable, that only fools would fall for.

In this particular case, nobody is confused between the words 'evidence' and 'proof''. 

Funny, on my internet I find plenty of definitions supporting the existence of a thing called Eyewitness Evidence. If a hundred people see a shooter shoot someone, the shooter will be relieved to know they have no evidence against him.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, csspwns said:

With all this "evidence" eventually leading to 100% nothing should the percentages at least be the other way around?

I am not sure I understand. It's leading to 100% something.

@papageorge1

I have to agree with the Meter 2.0.

The 'Sasquatch/ Bigfoot/ Yeti/ whatever' reports are too prevalent to ignore.

Russian folklore relates tales of hoards of hominids migrating across Siberia.

Edited by acute
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, acute said:

@papageorge1

I have to agree with the Meter 2.0.

The 'Sasquatch/ Bigfoot/ Yeti/ whatever' thing is too obvious to ignore.

That 2.0 meter is really something sweet I think. It has a Confidence Level indicating the amount of data processed (not included in the 1.0 version). The existence of the Bigfoot-like species received Confidence Level: Very High

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, acute said:

Apparently they canoed to Australia too. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the "papa-meter" is just a clever troll. 

It’s all very serious. I also try to maintain a good sport sense against the unnecessarily grouchy.

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It’s all very serious. I also try to maintain a good sport sense against the unnecessarily grouchy.

I see it as a bias scale more than anything. 

• Thanks 4

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the "papa-meter" is just a clever troll. 

Don't diss the Papameter!  Some of us revere it. :yes:

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I try to be as objective as possible. That’s all I can do. I have no interest in deceiving myself.

Even judgment of objectivity is subjective so ......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I try to be as objective as possible. That’s all I can do. I have no interest in deceiving myself.

Even judgment of objectivity is subjective so ......

You let CGI pixie's do that. I wonder why you so strong desire for there to be anything supernatural in life. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, acute said:

........ settling the Great Lakes and then spreading to New York and New Jersey. :unsure2:

.....stopping in the Ohio Valley to pile some dirt. :o

Edited by Piney
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That 2.0 meter is really something sweet I think. It has a Confidence Level indicating the amount of data processed (not included in the 1.0 version). The existence of the Bigfoot-like species received Confidence Level: Very High

And I thought the original had everything you needed.... Boy was I wrong . Really nice addition.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Do not dare challenge the papa meter. The powers behind it are which you can not comprehend. It sees through all plains of existence. You are a mere mortal and the papa meter is God!!:nw:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You let CGI pixie's do that. I wonder why you so strong desire for there to be anything supernatural in life. 

The fact that you state your opinions as facts indicates bias to me.

I understand the mind blow of suggesting the myriads of alleged etheric and astral entities may have their own reality.

19 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

Do not dare challenge the papa meter. The powers behind it are which you can not comprehend. It sees through all plains of existence. You are a mere mortal and the papa meter is God!!:nw:

He put the battery in backwards.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1

Why is there nothing in the fossil record that supports the existence of the creature as described? To last this long and in the varied environments, there would have to be a sizeable breeding population. Those numbers would logically lead to a documented capture or killing by now. Alas, nothing exists but stories along with blurry and smudgy photos/videos.

• Like 3