Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yowie researcher recalls his first encounter


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, acute said:

Don't diss the Papameter!  Some of us revere it. :yes:

You just created a new religion, pagan fool ! lol !

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the "papa-meter" is just a clever troll. 

Well, 50% of that seems to apply..  but then i have to ask myself, if it's not out of cleverness, can it still be called trolling?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Well, 50% of that seems to apply..  but then i have to ask myself, if it's not out of cleverness, can it still be called trolling?

I was trying to be 'polite'. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Why is there nothing in the fossil record that supports the existence of the creature as described? To last this long and in the varied environments, there would have to be a sizeable breeding population. Those numbers would logically lead to a documented capture or killing by now. Alas, nothing exists but stories along with blurry and smudgy photos/videos.

I suspect they are not another regular species like known animals and are not full-time residents of our physical plane. You see them and then you can't. I understand this is a challenging concept called 'interdimensional'. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would be great if any of these creatures Yowie, Yeti, Almas, Bigfoot....existed. I would like it. But, realistically speaking there is no hard evidence to suport it. Just a stories.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That 2.0 meter is really something sweet I think.  Confidence Level: BIAS

It does appear that you've jumped straight up to papameter 'Vista' edition.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

It would be great if any of these creatures Yowie, Yeti, Almas, Bigfoot....existed. I would like it. But, realistically speaking there is no hard evidence to suport it. Just a stories.

There are a lot of thing (creatures, spooks, etc) that would make life more interesting.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I suspect they are not another regular species like known animals and are not full-time residents of our physical plane. You see them and then you can't. I understand this is a challenging concept called 'interdimensional'. 

@papageorge1, I have no issue and respect your opinion that the animal exists (as described). Slapping paranormal and unproven aspects as the reason why this animal and hard proof of its existence does not currently exist makes it pointless for me to discuss it then. That's an area that is equally unproven and I'm not going to entertain or debate those items.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Trelane said:

@papageorge1, I have no issue and respect your opinion that the animal exists (as described). Slapping paranormal and unproven aspects as the reason why this animal and hard proof of its existence does not currently exist makes it pointless for me to discuss it then. That's an area that is equally unproven and I'm not going to entertain or debate those items.

I totally agree. It's all very "Nick Redfern-esque". His philosophy is that Nessie, Bigfoot, Mothman, etc. are all interdimensional entities. It's just a lazy, massive cop out with zero evidence.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jaded1 said:

I totally agree. It's all very "Nick Redfern-esque". His philosophy is that Nessie, Bigfoot, Mothman, etc. are all interdimensional entities. It's just a lazy, massive cop out with zero evidence.

For example I consider Native American trackers claiming Sasquatch can vanish to be evidence (not proof). 

Edited by papageorge1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2020 at 3:10 PM, papageorge1 said:

I am not sure I understand. It's leading to 100% something.

I'm saying that even with all this "evidence" there is still no conrete proof of anything related to Bigfoot related creatures even though the stories and sightings are prevelant in many different regions of the world. All hair samples, feces, body parts have came back as a known species or something other than "Bigfoot", footprint trails have never led to anything. With unsolved cases such as murders at least there is proof that the murders happened and for Tasmanian Tigers we know that they existed in the recent past, but in the case of "Bigfoot" it really seems like they're just stories. This is what I mean by 100% nothing. You saying "Bigfoot" may be paranormal is again backed by nothing proven and is about as valid as me saying "Bigfoot" can turn invisible by putting on an invisibility cloak which I know must exist from reading the Harry Potter series and "Bigfoot" has developed the technology but is hiding it from humans so we don't take it into consideration. Also I'm mainly arguing against your Papameter percentages not the existence of "Bigfoot."  

Edited by csspwns
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, csspwns said:

I'm saying that even with all this "evidence" there is still no conrete proof of anything related to Bigfoot related creatures even though the stories and sightings are prevelant in many different regions of the world. All hair samples, feces, body parts have came back as a known species or something other than "Bigfoot", footprint trails have never led to anything. With unsolved cases such as murders at least there is proof that the murders happened and for Tasmanian Tigers we know that they existed in the recent past, but in the case of "Bigfoot" it really seems like they're just stories. This is what I mean by 100% nothing. You saying "Bigfoot" may be paranormal is again backed by nothing proven and is about as valid as me saying "Bigfoot" can turn invisible by putting on an invisibility cloak which I know must exist from reading the Harry Potter series and "Bigfoot" has developed the technology but is hiding it from humans so we don't take it into consideration. Also I'm mainly arguing against your Papameter percentages not the existence of "Bigfoot."  

Well we disagree on the likely existence of Bigfoot and that's OK. Some counterpoints to the above:

The evidence on sample material is very controversial and not all agree there is nothing or even no DNA evidence of an unknown primate. There will be the endless back and forth on that.

I think the quantity, quality and consistency of Bigfoot stories (perhaps similar to ghost stories) is enough to make me believe right there that something unknown and real is likely going on.

As far as dimension shifting, I listen to Native American trackers that say these things can be tracked and disappear. Also with the incredible range of this creature (like about every state and province), the idea of a normal animal/human so thoroughly avoiding absolute detection becomes something that stretches credibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2020 at 9:24 AM, acute said:

Don't diss the Papameter!  Some of us revere it. :yes:

You deserve to be slapped in the head with a wet fish. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I broke my "ometer" trying to re calibrate it,it kept showing all the yeti biggie etc as total BS ............... i cant think for a moment why that is

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2020 at 3:08 PM, papageorge1 said:

I suspect they are not another regular species like known animals and are not full-time residents of our physical plane. You see them and then you can't. I understand this is a challenging concept called 'interdimensional'. 

Suspect that is more than brain vomit how? Interdimensional beings such as you refer to exist in fantasy and science fiction. In the real world, a dimension of a space is informally defined as the minimum number of coordinates needed to specify any point within it. Extra dimensions as predicted by QM are sub atomic. As such if your "interdimensional beings" existed how you describe them, we could only detect their effects, not the subject itself. 

If you're referring to science fiction and fantasy, then anything goes doesn't it?

This is why you should read non fiction books as well as the fantasy stuff idiots like Deepak Chopra make up. Then you would not openly appear as clueless as you do. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well we disagree on the likely existence of Bigfoot and that's OK. Some counterpoints to the above:

The evidence on sample material is very controversial and not all agree there is nothing or even no DNA evidence of an unknown primate. There will be the endless back and forth on that.

I think the quantity, quality and consistency of Bigfoot stories (perhaps similar to ghost stories) is enough to make me believe right there that something unknown and real is likely going on.

As far as dimension shifting, I listen to Native American trackers that say these things can be tracked and disappear. Also with the incredible range of this creature (like about every state and province), the idea of a normal animal/human so thoroughly avoiding absolute detection becomes something that stretches credibility.

As unlikely as it is that Biff exists, it would be far more likely that bigfoot is a ninja rather than a fantasy/science fiction creature. 

How many reports of Buff are there? And how many claim magical vanishing skills? The claims always claim the alleged creature to be at great distance or maybe be at great speeds. Patty certainly didn't turn into a puff of smoke.

So much for quality and quantity. You are quite clearly ignoring the material supplied in claims for some silly personal idea. What percentage of reports indicate magical vanishing skills? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As far as dimension shifting, I listen to Native American trackers that say these things can be tracked and disappear. Also with the incredible range of this creature (like about every state and province), the idea of a normal animal/human so thoroughly avoiding absolute detection becomes something that stretches credibility.

Which ones?

"Indian Country" is a small world and many of us know each other. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Suspect that is more than brain vomit how? Interdimensional beings such as you refer to exist in fantasy and science fiction. In the real world, a dimension of a space is informally defined as the minimum number of coordinates needed to specify any point within it. Extra dimensions as predicted by QM are sub atomic. As such if your "interdimensional beings" existed how you describe them, we could only detect their effects, not the subject itself. 

So every case of ghosts, Bigfoots, and etcetera disappearing must be 100% all hoax and misidentification. I would say at this point and beyond reasonable doubt that observation trumps your limited understanding of the universe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

As unlikely as it is that Biff exists, it would be far more likely that bigfoot is a ninja rather than a fantasy/science fiction creature. 

How many reports of Buff are there? And how many claim magical vanishing skills? The claims always claim the alleged creature to be at great distance or maybe be at great speeds. Patty certainly didn't turn into a puff of smoke.

So much for quality and quantity. You are quite clearly ignoring the material supplied in claims for some silly personal idea. What percentage of reports indicate magical vanishing skills? 

The interdimensional argument comes from things like:

Native American trackers reporting that they can disappear 

Psychic sources I respect also report this ability in Bigfoot.

It is not unprecedented as so called ghosts, angels, whatever term have been many times claimed to appear and then disappear in a way not explainable physically. Other examples of interdimensional movement support the possibility of Bigfoot interdimensional transfer. 

The lack of a specimen for a creature with such range (almost every state and province and now Australia) makes something mysterious to our normal reality increasingly likely in my estimation.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

anything-is-possible-in-imagination-land

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

So every case of ghosts, Bigfoots, and etcetera disappearing must be 100% all hoax and misidentification.

Papageorge you still don't seem to understand that this isn't 'Unexplained-Mysteries.com'. This is 'Debunked-Mysteries.com' site. :lol:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he'd said, "I have seen one Yowie," he might be believably.  When he started talking about five or six of them circling around, all the while,wanting to kill him, my tortu-meter went to 11.  This guy is a bat****,crazy BS artist.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Native American trackers reporting that they can disappear 

Names? Links? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Names? Links? 

You expecting a miracle to happen?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Piney said:

Names? Links? 

Have definitely heard it. Don’t register names as particularly important.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.