Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Axl Rose blasts Trump administration

Unusual Tournament

Axl Rose Fights With Surgeon General On Twitter, Says He’s Obligated To Speak Up About Politics
Axl Rose has become increasingly outspoken about politics since the 2016 election of Donald Trump. In recent months, the Guns N’ Roses leader has beefed with Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Twitter and commissioned some anti-Trump merchandise.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.stereogum.com/2090375/axl-rose-surgeon-general-politics/news%3famp=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I stopped listening to William Bailey when he freaked out about the dead giraffe. (But he's right this time!)

Nevermind that. We get what we focus on, so let's focus on the lesser* of two evils: Biden :tu:

* As in: No one who ends up in the oval office, can be a truly good person.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, zep73 said:

I stopped listening to William Bailey when he freaked out about the dead giraffe. (But he's right this time!)

Nevermind that. We get what we focus on, so let's focus on the lesser* of two evils: Biden :tu:

* As in: No one who ends up in the oval office, can be a truly good person.

Lesser? You want to go back to full blown illegal Middle East wars? And selling out to and giving our jobs out to China?

Ill take the dumb tweets over that all day. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Lesser? You want to go back to full blown illegal Middle East wars? And selling out to and giving our jobs out to China?

Starting Middle Eastern wars is, per tradition, a republican game. And if you want to preserve American jobs, stop buying Chinese products.

Get the dignity back to the White House and to America - Stop the orange madman - Vote Biden!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

Starting Middle Eastern wars is, per tradition, a republican game. And if you want to preserve American jobs, stop buying Chinese products.

Get the dignity back to the White House and to America - Stop the orange madman - Vote Biden!

Tell that to Syria and Libya. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You should learn the difference between war and clandestine or pinprick operations. (Excuse me if my English military vocabulary is inadequate. Google wasn't much help.)

• Like 1

I've lost my celebrity score card.  Is Axl Rose more reliable than Ron Perlman?

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, zep73 said:

You should learn the difference between war and clandestine or pinprick operations. (Excuse me if my English military vocabulary is inadequate. Google wasn't much help.)

Right, cause bombing a country isn’t an act of war, so long as you call it a clandestine operation. So what if it turned the most prosperous nation in the ME with the highest standard of living into a extreme Islamic hell hole. Where they now sell slaves in the middle of the street. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I feel so much better about it. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, zep73 said:

And if you want to preserve American jobs, stop buying Chinese products.

Easier said than done.  We can't quit buying Chinese products if they're the only place who makes them.  And before you try pointing out exceptions, $29 for the Chinese model vs. $200 for anybody else's is not a choice for most people.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Right, cause bombing a country isn’t an act of war, so long as you call it a clandestine operation. So what if it turned the most prosperous nation in the ME with the highest standard of living into a extreme Islamic hell hole. Where they now sell slaves in the middle of the street. 

If you're talking about the Iran islamic revolution in 1979, that was not caused by external forces, but by the Cinema Rex fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

Easier said than done.  We can't quit buying Chinese products if they're the only place who makes them.  And before you try pointing out exceptions, $29 for the Chinese model vs. $200 for anybody else's is not a choice for most people.

So we put a tariff on Chinese goods so everyone has to pay $200?

How exactly do you think a trade war is going to play out? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah, because assassinating an Iranian general on Iraqi soil doesn't result in war.   (I wonder how the soldiers that suffered brain damage from the Iranian counter attack are doing?)

The Iranians shooting down their own airliner was the only thing that stopped us from another middle east conflict this year......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

So we put a tariff on Chinese goods so everyone has to pay $200?

How exactly do you think a trade war is going to play out? 

Frankly, I don't think much about it.  What good would it do me?  But for all the histrionics about it in the media I haven't seen much affect.  There was a lot of talk about the effect on farm prices but I haven't seen it at the grocery store.  I still get a Harbor Freight catalog.  I haven't needed any tools for a while but a quick glance doesn't show a steep increase in prices.  I don't buy much that is new, my meager income limits me to thrift stores for most household items, but when I have bought something new (and most likely of Chinese origin), I haven't noticed any standardization of prices that tariffs are supposed to produce.  Was there a point to your question?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Frankly, I don't think much about it.  What good would it do me?  But for all the histrionics about it in the media I haven't seen much affect.  There was a lot of talk about the effect on farm prices but I haven't seen it at the grocery store.  I still get a Harbor Freight catalog.  I haven't needed any tools for a while but a quick glance doesn't show a steep increase in prices.  I don't buy much that is new, my meager income limits me to thrift stores for most household items, but when I have bought something new (and most likely of Chinese origin), I haven't noticed any standardization of prices that tariffs are supposed to produce.  Was there a point to your question?

Sadly, your answer is showing Trump's tariffs and policies aren't working.  After everything he has done it's still cheaper (and economically practical) for you to buy Chinese than American.

Iowa farmers here got part of a $28 billion bailout to cover their losses.  Food should have actually been cheaper because we couldn't sell our pork and soybeans to China.

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You mean the same Syria and Libya that Trump has delivered to the biggest dictators operating in the Middle East. Gotcha! 

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You mean the same Syria and Libya that Trump has delivered to the biggest dictators operating in the Middle East. Gotcha! 

Hu? Obama completely abandoned Libya the moment it fell. And Syria is still under the same people from when Obama was there. Trump has literally done nothing wrong when it came to Obama’s mess. You think that’s the same or worse than destroying the place? 

If Trump has been running things then, Libya would still be a strong prosperous nation, and Syria wouldn’t look like a museum of ruins. That was all Obama, and he should be tried and hung for crimes against humanity. And that would be mercy compared to what he did. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, because assassinating an Iranian general on Iraqi soil doesn't result in war.   (I wonder how the soldiers that suffered brain damage from the Iranian counter attack are doing?)

The Iranians shooting down their own airliner was the only thing that stopped us from another middle east conflict this year......

Are you freakin kidding me?? You think killing one man who VERY clearly had it coming, who was actively committing acts of war directly against us is the same as destroying whole countries for no apparent reason what’s so ever?  

You guys are so freakin blinded by hate it’s ridiculous. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Hu? Obama completely abandoned Libya the moment it fell. And Syria is still under the same people from when Obama was there. Trump has literally done nothing wrong when it came to Obama’s mess. You think that’s the same or worse than destroying the place? 

If Trump has been running things then, Libya would still be a strong prosperous nation, and Syria wouldn’t look like a museum of ruins. That was all Obama, and he should be tried and hung for crimes against humanity. And that would be mercy compared to what he did. 

So let me understand what your saying. Obama is to blame for Syria and Libya. The situation deteriorated in those country's so bad that Trump decided the only course of action was to blame Bubba Wallace for wearing a 'i can't breath t-shirt' to improve his poll numbers. 

Sounds like Trump is working very hard to right the wrongs of the Obama administration. What a guy.  

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Sadly, your answer is showing Trump's tariffs and policies aren't working. 

Too bad if that makes you sad.  I'm not so emotionally invested in politics or world economics.  If some things aren't working, as you say, others are.  Food probably would have been cheaper except for the fact that Covid spread through entire crews in packing plants.  If the farmers in Iowa were compensated for their losses what is your complaint?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

So let me understand what your saying. Obama is to blame for Syria and Libya. The situation deteriorated in those country's so bad that Trump decided the only course of action was to blame Bubba Wallace for wearing a 'i can't breath t-shirt' to improve his poll numbers. ....

Huh ? You're blaming Syria and Libya on Bubba Wallace ? That's HARSH ! :P

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Huh ? You're blaming Syria and Libya on Bubba Wallace ? That's HARSH ! :P

No I’m not. I’m calling out the trumpets for criticising Obama and Clinton when Trump does absolutely no foreign policy, instead his sole purpose for being commander in chief is to remain commander in chief for another 4 years by attacking his own people.

9 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Are you freakin kidding me?? You think killing one man who VERY clearly had it coming, who was actively committing acts of war directly against us is the same as destroying whole countries for no apparent reason what’s so ever?  

You guys are so freakin blinded by hate it’s ridiculous. 

Killing one man (Archduke Ferdinand) is what caused World War One...........

On 7/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, preacherman76 said:

The idea of TDS was, for me, a joke, early on.  It has turned out to be very accurate.  There are a growing number of people who have become dangerously unbalanced over this man.  I mean, this thread, for example.  Who the FECK cares what a junked out has been rocker from the 90s thinks about political issues?  His opinions are supposed to mean something while those like him are looting, burning and indiscriminately killing in our cities?  People need to wake the feck up before all that "patriotism" becomes a part of THEIR daily lives, in their little piece of paradise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Reportedly Axl was just welcoming the president to the jungle...whatever that means...

My money's on the guy with TROOPS to call on, not a has been/never was Git from the 90s.  Fool...

• Confused 1