Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America Vs. Afganistan

Dowdy

who do you think would win between America and Afganistan, considering that no one has conquered Afganistan since Alexander the Great (in 100BC)?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• odinsupreme

• R0bby

• Dowdy

:)

Well the war wouldn't really be between America and Afganistan, would it?

It would be between Afganistan and a consortium of nations headed by the US (more specifically, any civilized nations opposed to terrorism).

;)

In my opinion, Odin and Loonboy are both correct. Afghanistan can be defeated only by bombing everything(which would REQUIRE nukes). In land combat Afghanistan would win, whether it's the U.S. or a consortium of nations that invade. Afghanistan has over 250,000 sq. miles of land, most of which is mountainous, and to invade with a ground assault against one of the most battle hardened people in the world, even who's civilian population would resist, would make victory on the ground next to impossible. These are just my opinions, however.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Homer..

There is another problem.. We think that it is sad when someone dies. They don't. The go to their heaven. And with bombing I don't mean Nukes, that are no weapons, that is our end. Just bomd all bunkers.

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

At this time the U.S. citizens are quite prepared to loose lots of life for a victory. I know you were not talking about nukes, but I was. Simply put, to bomb Afghanistan with conventional weapons is just a waste of weapons, unless you knew exactly where the terrorists are. Unless the precise location can be pin-pointed, conventional weapons are not going to work, and it doesn't matter how many bombs you have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should use nukes, but I am saying low yeild tactical nukes are the only weapon that can be used effectively when one wants to bomb hidden and fortified locations.

If you'd nuke Afghanistan, the radioactive particles will rain down over half the world. The airflow carries that **** thousands of miles away. So if the US decides to nuke Afghanistan, they can REALLY prepare for war. Because then they have signed a declaration of war against the whole African, Asian and European continent. And let's see who's gonna win that.

The war against Afghanistan has to be fought with precision bombers and ALOT of intelligence. And that intelligence, that keeps holding the US back. Because they have still not proven that Osama Bin Laden is behind the Sep. 11 attacks.

I don't know it for sure, but I have heard that the CIA has evidence that the Osamapig is the real idiot who did it... So R0bby..

Odin Supreme 8)

RObby,

You stated: "If you'd nuke Afghanistan, the radioactive particles will rain down over half the world. The airflow carries that **** thousands of miles away. So if the US decides to nuke Afghanistan, they can REALLY prepare for war. Because then they have signed a declaration of war against the whole African, Asian and European continent.  RObby, what I stated was LOW YEILD TACTICAL NUKES, which are the only weapon in the the world with the PRECISION and STRENGTH to hit hard targets, such as bases, airfields, bunkers and caves, and destroy them completely.

Those kinds of weapons are not part of any global nuclear agreement, and are not going to spread radioactive material throughout the world, or even throughout the region. So obviously, the U.S. wouldn't be signing a declaration of war just by using them.

Your age is showing again, you should investigate your claims before you post them.

Hey Homer,

Leave the newby alone! Why are you always pointing at someones age? Maybe because you weren't the smartest on that age, but there are a lot of people different than you.

Odin Supreme 8)

Odin,

I only mentioned his age because he replied to my earlier post as if he had no education on the subject matter, as most people his age do not. For that matter, most people ANY age do not either, so I admit I was out of line. I apologize, RObby.

Odin,

I only mentioned his age because he replied to my earlier post as if he had no education on the subject matter, as most people his age do not. For that matter, most people ANY age do not either, so I admit I was out of line. I apologize, RObby.

apology accepted ;)

SPELL MY NAME RIGHT DAMMIT! IT'S R0bby , not RObby  :D