Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BLM destroys statue of Elk

RoofGardener

****ing fascist elks! :angry:

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I shake my head at stupidity, what’s next? The communist seals statue thats in another part of town? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I understood the BLM movement when it first began, but now that they’ve admitted to being Marxist I’ve lost all respect for them. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It's well known that elk frequently sold African slaves to the polar bears ;)  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

****ing fascist elks! :angry:

Couldn't agree more.   This has been brewing for a long time.     The Elks have been running things long enough !

• Haha 6

I'd quite like to see them try to pull alan shearers,or bobby robsons statues down in newcastle.

I'd predict quite a few battered communists.:su

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Destroy, destroy destroy.   It doesn't matter if it is innocent.   

• Like 8

This is outrageous im Swedish and our country is known for their elks. 

:-P 

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lightly said:

The Elks have been running things long enough !

Yes..... and they think we don't know!

That's how stupid they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every group for the   last 30 years that has had anything to protest has vandalized that statue.  It is a beautiful statue which was commissioned to remember the elk that used to live in this area.  Sadly it is close to City Hall and the court house on a major street downtown.  It is on the march route for many big protest gatherings.  Sad, not the first time.

5 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

To be fair  (queue letterkenny) i think it was a Roosevelt Elk

From an elk-centric point of view, the President was honored to be associated with the elk, not the other way round.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, acute said:

Yes..... and they think we don't know!

That's how stupid they are. 

Well now I must disagree.  They aren't stupid  at all !     Most of us don't know!!!    and they know it!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Destroy, destroy destroy.   It doesn't matter if it is innocent.   

It's a sign of impotent rage.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, simplybill said:

I understood the BLM movement when it first began, but now that they’ve admitted to being Marxist I’ve lost all respect for them. 

The movement is not Marxist. The organisation is (very likely).

People need to learn to separate Black Lives Matter the organisation from Black Lives Matter the movement and from individual protestors demanding that black lives matter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Setton said:

People need to learn to separate Black Lives Matter the organisation from Black Lives Matter the movement and from individual protestors demanding that black lives matter.

I’m not sure that’s possible at this point. I follow several black conservatives on Facebook who are frustrated that the BLM movement has been hijacked. From their point of view, BLM is making life worse for the ordinary black folks that just want to live their lives in peace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Setton said:

No they don't; the onus is on them to do the separating and some already have. Most of the destruction is Antifa masquerading as BLM. I don't have much sympathy for the movement. If 100 blacks are shot down, the only one they show any care for is the one killed by a white or a cop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 11:14 AM, Tatetopa said:

Every group for the   last 30 years that has had anything to protest has vandalized that statue.  It is a beautiful statue which was commissioned to remember the elk that used to live in this area.  Sadly it is close to City Hall and the court house on a major street downtown.  It is on the march route for many big protest gatherings.  Sad, not the first time.

From an elk-centric point of view, the President was honored to be associated with the elk, not the other way round.

I went and saw them as a kid at the prairie creek state park in ca.  Pretty awesome , I have feed some reindeer,  I would like to see a moose some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelnjones said:

I would like to see a moose some day.

Well I really hope you get to do that.  Good luck, and be safe.

• Like 1

We are pretty outraged about these punks tearing down an elk stature, but not many tears or much outrage for the herds of living elk exterminated though.

I suppose if we viewed statues as standing in thew way of progress, a wider street or a few more parking spaces, we wouldn't be so sentimental.  Can't stand in the  way of progress right?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We are pretty outraged about these punks tearing down an elk stature, but not many tears or much outrage for the herds of living elk exterminated though.

Totally different. 

That is like someone saying to the BLM protesters,  you care about the people police have killed but not many tears or much outrage for the thousands of people starving to death in Yemen.  

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, Setton said:

No we don't.  If they have a message it is up to them to see that it is being communicated effectively.  Like any other entity with a brand it is in their own best interest to protect it and clarify its meaning and purpose.  If it's being hijacked then they need to deal with the factions that are doing that.  We owe them nothing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2