Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BLM destroys statue of Elk

RoofGardener

40 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

well lets see, there's a reason Jews don't live in the south except Florida, gay kids get thrown out of their house by intolerant parents rather often making them a sizable part of the homeless population, and then here in Colorado you have that baker who refuses to make cakes for gay people. Which, yknow, might sound blase, but there's the issue of other people taking that as a cue to let their bigot flag fly. 

Are you saying that Jews have been physically run out of every town in the south except in Florida?  That domestic trouble between gay people and their parents is the same as being run out of town by a mob?  I've seen the gay pride rainbow flag.  What does a bigot flag look like? 

15 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Are you saying that Jews have been physically run out of every town in the south except in Florida?  That domestic trouble between gay people and their parents is the same as being run out of town by a mob?  I've seen the gay pride rainbow flag.  What does a bigot flag look like? 

I'm saying we've worked VERY hard to adjust society in such a way that behaviors that lead to racist mobs are frowned on and considered backwards and asenine, and if we're not very careful, it could come roaring back. And Jews don't live there because over the years its been made very clear we're not welcome in certain areas by and large. 

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

And Jews don't live there because over the years its been made very clear we're not welcome in certain areas by and large

That's odd...my surrogate Arab family have a kosher deli/bakery that does very well because of our Jewish population.

Jewish Population in the United States by State

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-population-in-the-united-states-by-state

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Setton said:

Yep. And under no definition will you find 'removing statues'.

Pushing your political agenda using violence, destruction of property and intimidation, yep thats Terrorism.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I'm saying we've worked VERY hard to adjust society in such a way that behaviors that lead to racist mobs are frowned on and considered backwards and asenine, and if we're not very careful, it could come roaring back. And Jews don't live there because over the years its been made very clear we're not welcome in certain areas by and large. 

I believe racist mobs are still tolerated, just as long as it is the right race being targeted... white people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

well lets see, there's a reason Jews don't live in the south except Florida, gay kids get thrown out of their house by intolerant parents rather often making them a sizable part of the homeless population, and then here in Colorado you have that baker who refuses to make cakes for gay people. Which, yknow, might sound blase, but there's the issue of other people taking that as a cue to let their bigot flag fly. 

If i remember right, that Colorado man refused to make/decorate a wedding cake. He offered to bake them whatever cake they wanted, if they would decorate it themselves, but no, they needed to make a spectical.

Funny how it sounds like he just hates gays when the details are not there.

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

If i remember right, that Colorado man refused to make/decorate a wedding cake. He offered to bake them whatever cake they wanted, if they would decorate it themselves, but no, they needed to make a spectical.

Funny how it sounds like he just hates gays when the details are not there.

Which is illegal discrimination against gays since he'd do it for anybody else.

42 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They were regular customers of the bakery, the owners knowing full well they were gay, until they asked for a wedding cake.

It's the same as when a Muslim refuses to serve pork. Some will and some won't depending on how strict their sect is.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

You know the BLM makes it seem like only everyone is racist towards blacks. But it goes all ways , blacks are racist towards whites as well, just like latinos might be racist towards hmongs , or any other race. They can all be racist towards any other race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Except he said he did it due to religious beliefs, which are also protected. Nothing prevented the gay couple from going 15 feet down the street to the next baker. 

The SCOTUS determined Colorado could not override religious protections to enforce gender/orientation protections.

Sorry gay couple, go shop elsewhere.

Would you approve if the gay couple had a business and were forced to act straight to comply with a customer?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterpiece_Cakeshop_v._Colorado_Civil_Rights_Commission

Following appeals within the state that affirmed the Commission's decision, the bakery took the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

In a 7–2 decision, the Court ruled on narrow grounds that the Commission did not employ religious neutrality, violating Masterpiece owner Jack Phillips' rights to free exercise, and reversed the Commission's decision.

Edit: i do believe, when asked, the cake shop owner said hed not make divorse cakes, sexually explicit cakes, and other items that would conflict with his beliefs.

Edited by DieChecker

On 7/20/2020 at 8:43 AM, Big Jim said:

Taken as an isolated incident your assessment makes a lot of sense.  Tearing down an elk statue is hardly a notch above local hooligans destroying rural mail boxes.  But in the larger context it can be seen as a poor choice of target for a group that exists to change political opinion and often resorts to violence and intimidation to achieve their ends.  After tearing down many statues of historical figures, one hooved mammal doesn't change who they are or the tactics they support.

Wait a moment.  Do you seriously advocate shooting American civilians over what amounts to a student prank?  Because when you invoke the word "terrorism" that means dead bodies in the streets, an end to civil order, and the real risk of civil war, as extremists on both sides become emboldened by the smell of blood in the air.  I prefer to let cooler heads prevail, and for the bullies to lose their charisma by being in the spotlight too long.  This ain't terrorism.  This is a bunch of starbuck sipper leftist wannabes big-noting themselves.  It amounts to nothing.  That's the thing about anarchists; they have no real plan, and they always fizzle out, because the rest of the public like things like working utilities, which anarchy could never provide.

Edited by Alchopwn

On 7/21/2020 at 5:42 AM, DieChecker said:

Lets see... force and violence, yep

Orly?  So how many people have the demonstrators actually killed? None.  Try again.  Not terrorism.

52 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Wait a moment.  Do you seriously advocate shooting American civilians over what amounts to a student prank?  Because when you invoke the word "terrorism" that means dead bodies in the streets, an end to civil order, and the real risk of civil war, as extremists on both sides become emboldened by the smell of blood in the air.  I prefer to let cooler heads prevail, and for the bullies to lose their charisma by being in the spotlight too long.  This ain't terrorism.  This is a bunch of starbuck sipper leftist wannabes big-noting themselves.  It amounts to nothing.  That's the thing about anarchists; they have no real plan, and they always fizzle out, because the rest of the public like things like working utilities, which anarchy could never provide.

Are you sure you quoted the right post?  No where did I advocate shooting American civilians.  The word terrorism appears nowhere in the statement you quoted.  Terrorism is a method, not a result.  It's usually practiced in the form of guerilla warfare, with random, isolated strikes, and does not result in "an end to civil order, and the real risk of civil war".  You call them "leftist wannabes" but I see that they are already leftists, tagging on to destruction led by BLM.  The fact that terroristic acts seldom produce the result the perpetrators would desire does not change the description of their methods.  The difference between pulling down statues and blowing up federal buildings is one of degree, but the motivation behind both acts is the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

prank would be painting it over, ot tp, this is vandalism at very least, definitely a felony since the damage over 1000,   i'd also cal it a social terrorism,  if libs throw words racist around as often as they do, i see no harm for conservatives to call things like that terrorism,. and punish those terrorists accordingly. even if they are american civilians

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Orly?  So how many people have the demonstrators actually killed? None.  Try again.  Not terrorism.

Oh? I didnt know you needed to be a murderer to be a terrorist... Thanks for the update. Ill send an email to Webbsters and Wikipedia so they can change their definitions online.

12 hours ago, Alchopwn said:
On 7/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, DieChecker said:

force and violence, yep...

Salt Lake Tribune: Rich Lowry: The disgrace of Portland - The Salt Lake Tribune.
https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2020/07/21/rich-lowry-disgrace/

Although the federal courthouse has done nothing to provoke protestors and has been standing at the same spot since 1997, it has been a constant target. Protestors have smashed its glass doors, covered its exterior with graffiti and repeatedly attempted to light it on fire. This has been happening since at least early July.

True to form, protestors over the weekend took down fencing and lit a fire at the building's entryway. As a statement from the Portland police put it, "dozens of people with shields, helmets, gas masks, umbrellas, bats and hockey sticks approached the doors" of the courthouse — but surely it was just a misunderstanding that led the federal officers to believe they had to repulse them with tear gas.

This isn’t hard: It is the people attacking federal property who bear moral responsibility for what’s happening in Portland. In all the cities around the country where nihilistic mobs aren’t trying to burn down symbols of our justice system, there’s no enhanced presence of federal officers.

The feds haven't been wearing badges with their names and have been using unmarked cars — for fear of retaliation against the officers involved and mob actions against vehicles. Both are unquestionably legal tactics. According to DHS, the officers are wearing the insignias of their agencies and unique identifiers; they are arresting only people suspected of involvement of attacks on federal property; and they are identifying themselves to arrestees, although not to crowds.

So people showing up and, "dozens of people with shields, helmets, gas masks, umbrellas, bats and hockey sticks approached the doors", is not "force" or "violence"?

..ted wheeler is currently the mayor of Portland,  Oregon 

Edited by acidhead
  • Haha 1

Well, i would hope that woth the shat-show of an administration, that Wheeler would be replaced by someone more moderate, but even if he is held accountable, some equally loony toon liberal will be installed instead. Its a wonder the city functions at all.