Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charlie Daniels dead at 83

Michelle

40 minutes ago, Michelle said:

One of country's most familiar artists has died. Charlie Daniels — a singer, songwriter, bandleader and player of many instruments — died Monday in Nashville. His death was confirmed by his publicist, Don Murry Grubbs, who said that he died of a hemorrhagic stroke. He was 83 years old.

Charlie Daniels was born Oct. 28, 1936 in Wilmington, North Carolina. He started out playing bluegrass locally with the Misty Mountain Boys before moving to Nashville in 1967. He was already becoming known as a songwriter as well; he co-wrote an Elvis Presley song, "It Hurts Me," in 1964.

cont...

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/06/887659960/charlie-daniels-who-sang-of-the-devil-in-georgia-is-dead-at-83

What an amazing man...RIP you big ol' Teddy bear!

Thanks for starting this thread Charlie was certainly an American Icon who will never be forgotten. I can recall many fantastic concerts I attended to see him, and I was never disappointed. While we all come into the world kicking and screaming, we can only hope that when we leave it will be quite and peaceful, and that is my hope for him because he certainly deserved no less, RIP Charlie.:cry:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Saw The Charlie Daniels Band with Pure Prairie League and New Riders of the Purple Sage at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Great show! RIP Charlie. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I heard the news today I had to play his Decade of Hits album, the only one of his that I have.  I do the same for most artists' passing, if I have their material.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, skliss said:

Saw The Charlie Daniels Band with Pure Prairie League and New Riders of the Purple Sage at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Great show! RIP Charlie. 

That is a terrific lineup.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

That is a terrific lineup.

It was memorable! Good show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He passed so suddenly. I never saw him live but I liked his music. Everyone was playing The Devil Went Down To Georgia. May he RIP.

• Like 2

Jesus for a second there I thought the title read Jack Daniels and my heart stopped. Its okay it beating again.