Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Jurassic Park' got iconic dinosaur wrong

Still Waters

In the 1993 film Jurassic Park, a nefarious character meets his demise during an encounter with a Dilophosaurus. No taller than a human, the curious dinosaur morphs into a true menace when it extends a large neck frill, hisses, and spits venom in the man’s eyes. The scene cemented Dilophosaurus as a pop culture icon—except it turns out the real Jurassic predator was nothing like the one in the movie.

“I call Dilophosaurus the best worst-known dinosaur,” says Adam Marsh, a paleontologist at the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona who led a comprehensive re-description of the species, published today in the Journal of Paleontology.

Despite being discovered 80 years ago, the species has remained poorly understood.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/07/jurassic-park-got-almost-everything-wrong-about-iconic-dinosaur-dilophosaurus/

https://phys.org/news/2020-07-famous-jurassic-dinosaur-lizard-bird.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They address this in Jurassic World saying how they genetically engineer the sinister to look like how people expect them to.

So if the focus of the thread is how dinos are wrong in the movies, that is literally addressed in the movies.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So if the focus of the thread is how dinos are wrong in the movies, that is literally addressed in the movies.

That isn't my understanding of the topic. If you read the articles in the links you might feel differently.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Still Waters said:

That isn't my understanding of the topic. If you read the articles in the links you might feel differently.

I dont care enough to read the article