Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Deluge

Kevin G

What is the biblical significance of Noah being 600 years old at the end of the Flood?

I am also trying to understand the importance of the Moon's orbit in this equation: 1,296,000 + 864,000 = 2,160,000.  Does it have anything to do with:

Sumerian Cuneiform tablets use 12,960,000 as a starting point. Therefore it was concluded this date was related to multiples or Zodical periods of 2160 years. 

For example:

2160 x 600 = 1,296,000

Thanks

Kevin

Noted.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

What is the biblical significance of Noah being 600 years old at the end of the Flood?

None whatsoever.  No one lives much past 110, unless you're counting in hamster years.

Ages in the bible are numbers plucked out of the air to make important characters sound super-human.  It's a similar exaggeration to Kim Jong-un getting 8 holes-in-one during a single round of golf.

Edited by acute
  • Like 7

I am also trying to understand the importance of the Moon's orbit in this equation: 1,296,000 + 864,000 = 2,160,000.  Does it have anything to do with:

Sumerian Cuneiform tablets use 12,960,000 as a starting point. Therefore it was concluded this date was related to multiples or Zodical periods of 2160 years. 

For example:

2160 x 600 = 1,296,000

Thanks

Kevin

I suggest that ancient people had a lack of sugar in their diets causing them to live drastically longer.

To an ancient before farming came along the only time they would get sugar is at the end of spring or early summer when fruit was either out or the bees had collected all their honey.

For example:

2160 x 600 = 1,296,000

Thanks

Kevin

Why would you be looking for any connection?

I am not one to dismiss things quickly.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I suggest that ancient people had a lack of sugar in their diets causing them to live drastically longer.

600 years ago the life expectancy was at ca. 30years/women and 40-60/men.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am not one to dismiss things quickly.

That's more like it :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, toast said:

600 years ago the life expectancy was at ca. 30years/women and 40-60/men.

This is a distortion of how long people could live 600 years ago because the stats include what was a very high rate of child mortality. If you survived childhood you were unlikely to die as a 30 year old woman or a 40-60 year old man. You were likely to live 70 - 90 for both sexes.

This isn`t even the issue as 600 years ago was post farming. Farming grains, vegetables, fruits, and animals was everywhere. What I said is that pre-farming the level of sugar in the diet was a lot lower. With our current scientific research the main driver of aging is IGF-1 which is very low in people on low sugar diets.

In aging experiments on model organisms (its not yet been done on humans) then putting them on a low sugar diet for the duration of their lives does create significant extension to their life spans. Worms for instance have lived x10 longer than normal when placed upon a strict sugar restrictive diet.

Human beings have evolved a little since the invention of farming with one known implication being that Europeans can drink milk into their adulthoods. With fructose (the main source of sugar), no evidence that we have evolved to now live off a diet much richer in it has been discovered. That comes from fruit and honey. They spike insulin and elevate IGF-1 levels. Ancient man didnt have access to fruit and honey all year round, they were foodstuffs available at the end of spring and early summer.

Revert to a low fructose diet and we will see an extension of the human lifespan. No one knows how much. It might well mean people can live centuries but as no modern human has been living off that diet and monitored by scientists then we do not know how great the effect will be.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

This is a distortion of how long people could live 600 years ago because the stats include what was a very high rate of child mortality. If you survived childhood you were unlikely to die as a 30 year old woman or a 40-60 year old man. You were likely to live 70 - 90 for both sexes.

Of course some people reached ages between 70-90 but only a very few one but the average life expectancy back them was at values I mentioned already. Too much sugar consumption might shorten the life but thats not the point here. In the middle age, there was no effective medical care and people died on things which can get fixed today with some medication or a little invasive surgery with a 1 day clinic stay. Pathogens where unknown, so contaminated water was consumed a lot, these days and contagious diseases like syphilis/The Plague/leprosy/cholera and others were common and incurable. People even died on jaw ulceration and Appendicitis so dont think the middle age was the golden age because people didnt consumed Coca Cola, jelly beans and potato chips.

Details: Life Expectancy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It probably dose have something to do with the moon. If you are counting moon cycles which is easier to count than years, then you would be About 600 moons old at the age of 50. Ancient cultures didn’t fully understand the earths place in the cosmos.  Many Native American cultures counted time with moons as well. The Old Testament clearly begins with a written memory of Hunter gatherers transitioning to agrarian lifestyles. I suspect some of the counting methods and idiosyncrasies are still present in what we have today.   

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

It takes time to build a huge boat and then gather up all the animals from around the World. Afterall he only had his own immediate family to help him. Him being a drunk probably slowed them down too. :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It takes time to build a huge boat and then gather up all the animals from around the World. Afterall he only had his own immediate family to help him. Him being a drunk probably slowed them down too. :innocent:

And that's why we no long have dinosaurs. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And that's why we no long have dinosaurs. 

They took up too much space. Noah would have needed a few hundred years more to make the ark big enough for them too. It all makes sense now.....

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

They took up too much space. Noah would have needed a few hundred years more to make the ark big enough for them too. It all makes sense now.....

I figure it was because they ate the unicorns and bigfoot's. So Noah kicked them off the boat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I figure it was because they ate the unicorns and bigfoot's. So Noah kicked them off the boat.

If that was the case how is bigfoot still alive ? 

Think these things through XenoFish. :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

To an ancient before farming came along the only time they would get sugar is at the end of spring or early summer when fruit was either out or the bees had collected all their honey.

I suggest that's bs, and also that you have another cookie.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If that was the case how is bigfoot still alive ? 

Think these things through XenoFish. :no:

As a ghost, duh. I mean how do you think it just vanishes so fast and leaves no trace of it's existence. I thought you knew that. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

As a ghost, duh. I mean how do you think it just vanishes so fast and leaves no trace of it's existence. I thought you knew that. 

I stand corrected. I humbly ask you to forgive me for my mistake. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I stand corrected. I humbly ask you to forgive me for my mistake. 

Being that I am in a position of absolute delusional authority, I might, maybe, kinda, sorta, could fit forgiveness into my schedule. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

I suggest that's bs, and also that you have another cookie.

But NO sugar in that cookie. We can't have him die before his 600th birthday can we ?

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

@toast's numbers were spot on.

When you have some experience in the archaeology field, and I mean literally. Then get back to us.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

That's what we Indian trackers experience..........

.......so I heard. :unsure2:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

That's what we Indian trackers experience..........

.......so I heard. :unsure2:

Found any pixies yet? :lol:

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I saw lots of them in Atlantic City today...........in sequin masks.:o

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Working on a few on the west coast.

• Like 1