Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My mattress

DA3

When covid19 started, I work from home.   2 weeks there Iwas hearing and seeing signs of mice.  I  thought I'll just get poison and traps.  Done that, followed instructions, they ate very little.  I block all found entry ways into the house.  If I was in the kitchen they would come hide behind refrigerator or the stove.  Later  in the month I started hearing thumping in the wall behind dishwasher,  my husband is vision impaired, he said, you are tripping, I haven't heard nothing.  Stop letting your mind play on you, get some rest.   When I'm in bed I literally hear them come in the room,  go under the bed and climb onto  the wood frame picking at the mattress.  I  get up and chase them out, only for them to return.  I went to the couch to sleep, they followed me.  Wherever I go in the house they follow me.  Now I'm back at work they have eaten their way into my mattress, I have purchased all kinds of poison, they won't touch it.  I have tried everything, they are not pets, I didn't invite them.  My husband comes into the area they get extremely quiet, I could hear them nibbling on the poison sometimes, but when they do, they don't eat enough to die.  I want to get rid of the mattress, but they seem smart, when I  get up in the morning they leave the room,  purchasing a new mattress now would be a waste.  I need them out of the house, it's mine not theirs.  HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Call an exterminator. 

This is a bit off the rails even with the pandemic.......

Oh, what she said. ^^^^^ Call pest control.

• Like 2

If you can't afford pest control, you've got to find their entry point and seal it up.

And if the mice have indeed nested in your mattress you'll most likely need to get a new one. For all you know, they may be urinating and defecating in it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

This is a bit off the rails even with the pandemic.......

Oh, what she said. ^^^^^ Call pest 

Yes, I'm going to get a new  one  when I know these are dead, because  if I  replace it now they will jump out and get into the new one, I really need them to eat the poison and die, I did seal all the places I found that might have give them access into the house, and now I need the best rodent Killer poison that would attract them to eat.

I did research to see if this something that happened often and it does on occasion.  Who or what is the best exterminator or poison?

Just now, DA3 said:

Yes, I'm going to get a new  one  when I know these are dead, because  if I  replace it now they will jump out and get into the new one, I really need them to eat the poison and die, I did seal all the places I found that might have give them access into the house, and now I need the best rodent Killer poison that would attract them to eat.

and hope they don't die in the walls and stink you out. 

Call a bloody pest control expert. I lived in the woods and never had mice in my mattress. 

• Like 1

I saw some stuff online that looks similar, or may be the same I used, called Just One Bite II.  Says it has ridges on the blocks that encourage chewing.   I think you order it online, but if it's the one I used long ago it worked very well.  You can break it off in small chunks and place several places.  I used to get it at a farm and ranch store, you may look at one of those.

Also, when you find where they're getting in, place a steel wool pad or two in the hole, then seal it up.  They don't like that steel wool.   Have you thought about a cat?  Several years ago I had a problem with mice so I got a cat about 4 months old, and not long after getting her the problem ended.   If you get one I'd look for one maybe 6 months to a year old.  Little kitties still want to play a lot.   

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Thanks 1

I did research to see if this something that happened often and it does on occasion.  Who or what is the best exterminator or poison?

Thank you, so much, I  did try Several Bell Laboratories products,  and others, but they didn't go for it.  

I just don't want the exterminator to use me.  Need these things to die before they grow or multiply.

I'll look for One Bite, and hope it works.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DA3 said:

When covid19 started, I work from home.   2 weeks there Iwas hearing and seeing signs of mice.  I  thought I'll just get poison and traps.  Done that, followed instructions, they ate very little.  I block all found entry ways into the house.  If I was in the kitchen they would come hide behind refrigerator or the stove.  Later  in the month I started hearing thumping in the wall behind dishwasher,  my husband is vision impaired, he said, you are tripping, I haven't heard nothing.  Stop letting your mind play on you, get some rest.   When I'm in bed I literally hear them come in the room,  go under the bed and climb onto  the wood frame picking at the mattress.  I  get up and chase them out, only for them to return.  I went to the couch to sleep, they followed me.  Wherever I go in the house they follow me.  Now I'm back at work they have eaten their way into my mattress, I have purchased all kinds of poison, they won't touch it.  I have tried everything, they are not pets, I didn't invite them.  My husband comes into the area they get extremely quiet, I could hear them nibbling on the poison sometimes, but when they do, they don't eat enough to die.  I want to get rid of the mattress, but they seem smart, when I  get up in the morning they leave the room,  purchasing a new mattress now would be a waste.  I need them out of the house, it's mine not theirs.  HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!

cats

18 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

If you can't afford pest control, you've got to find their entry point and seal it up.

And if the mice have indeed nested in your mattress you'll most likely need to get a new one. For all you know, they may be urinating and defecating in it.

there is no "may be" about it, they are mice, not dogs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DA3 said:

I used Decon and it worked, but moth balls will work well too.  It is just not something you want in your mattress because it has toxic fumes.  Put moth balls behind all the appliances, refridgerator and dishwasher, etc.  And I think your husband may be hard of hearing as well as vision impaired, you might want to have him checked.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DA3 said:

Thank you, so much, I  did try Several Bell Laboratories products,  and others, but they didn't go for it.  

I just don't want the exterminator to use me.  Need these things to die before they grow or multiply.

I'll look for One Bite, and hope it works.

I found this link that if you type in your zip code and the mile radius should tell the nearest places that sell Just One Bite II.

https://www.justonebitebrand.com/where-to-buy

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, DA3 said:

Mix the poison into peanut butter, they love that.

Or buy a cat.

Well, the exterminator came this morning.  He saw and found nothing.  Not one dropping,  not one chew in the mattress.   My children look also, but all night I heard chewing sounds.  And something is pushing my mattress up when and where I sit on my bed.

11 minutes ago, DA3 said:

And something is pushing my mattress up when and where I sit on my bed.

Thats Mattress-Man! You are in serious danger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DA3 said:

Well, the exterminator came this morning.  He saw and found nothing.  Not one dropping,  not one chew in the mattress.   My children look also, but all night I heard chewing sounds.  And something is pushing my mattress up when and where I sit on my bed.

Could someone be gas lighting you?

9 minutes ago, DA3 said:

Forgive me, but, What's That?

When someone wants to make you think you are going crazy.  It is quite an elaborate setup so it is not common but sometimes teenagers will do it for laughs.  Spouses are usually the most common culprits but it usually has to do with control, or a reason to denigrate the person they are gas lighting.

Essentially things will be done to cause confusion and fear in the person being gas lighted, like weird pranks that make no sense.  Something doesn't work, the victim tells someone, that person goes to check and it works, or there are unexplainable noises, etc.  Electronics make it very easy nowadays to do all kinds of things like this.

I am curious if the exterminator actually took the bed apart to verify that there were no mice.  And why did he not find any droppings, if you are seeing them all the time?

I was astonished myself,  he and I  picked up the mattress , nothing on the floor but a very thin layer of dust, no foot prints indicating something climbing or crawling. Yet it jumps up on the bed frame, under the mattress and there is a gap between the mattress and frame I also have the bed skirt on the bed, there were no chew indicators anywhere.  I have seen droppings, but not in my room.  I'm almost wondering what this is, now. I'm very concerned about this.  Never experienced this before. I have got to get it(whatever it is) to eat something to kill it.  

Edited by DA3
Finished paragraph