Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My bizarre day.

Bed of chaos

I joined Twitter a couple days ago (to put up keyboard videos, meet other musicians). Last night I get message 'Joe Perry' is now following you. Immediately look at bio: songwriter, co founder of Aerosmith. Lucky me (I'm his second follower!). I assume all day it must be an accident or someone in his family. Anyway get notice tonight from him "others are pretending to be me, I've gone to the police and people have been arrested".

One hour later (I sell books on Ebay) I put up book for three dollars (The Rutting Season by Briane Keene) which I previously found at discount store. I'm then suprised it sold in twenty minutes. After sale, i realize the author has been gaining popularity (somehow forgot? I read one of his newer books months ago). Look up value on Amazon (I believe it's his 2nd book, out of print). Its selling for 90$. Wow. Unfortunately the buyer will get notice tomorrow (and refund) book 'accidently' got lost.

• Like 3

I don't go on Twitter. Those people are crazier than Facebook. Hang on to your book though. Good catch!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't go on Twitter. Those people are crazier than Facebook. Hang on to your book though. Good catch!

Agreed. I may close account soon. 1) I was linked to someone's hacked account, I could be next. 2) 'recommended for me' highly political nonsense, I want nothing to do with.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

I block a lot of political nonsense on Facebook. I block local political ads too. I just want to keep up with family and friends and play my poker game. 

• Like 1

Twitter has copycat accounts in the hundreds for every celebrity big and small. I got one a few weeks ago that was a Garth Brooks copycat. All you have to do is report them. They try to talk to you or engage you sometimes but they're fake if they dont have blue check next to their name. Reporting gets them taken down pretty fast, I usually block them too. It's common enough, I get fake celeb followers about twice a month. As for "losing" your book that's a crap move and you're lucky if the buyer doesn't report you. 

Edited by darkmoonlady

8 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

Twitter has copycat accounts in the hundreds for every celebrity big and small. I got one a few weeks ago that was a Garth Brooks copycat. All you have to do is report them. They try to talk to you or engage you sometimes but they're fake if they dont have blue check next to their name. Reporting gets them taken down pretty fast, I usually block them too. It's common enough, I get fake celeb followers about twice a month. As for "losing" your book that's a crap move and you're lucky if the buyer doesn't report you. 

Yes, inappropriate. However the book wasn't shipped yet. Also I'm mailing them an extra dollar for inconvenience. Perhaps if I didnt have sixty cents in my bank account, would've handled situation differently. Edit: probably not. My other screen name is ThiefofAlways.

Edited by Bed of chaos