Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Srebrenica massacre remembered

Eldorado

"Boris Johnson has paid tribute to the victims of Srebrenica to mark the 25th anniversary of the massacre in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

"Around 8,000 Muslim men and boys were killed in 1995 by Bosnian Serb forces - the worst atrocity on European soil since the end of World War Two.

"The prime minister said "we owe it to the victims" to remember Srebrenica and "to ensure it never happens again"."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53375466

"The ceremony was also addressed by former US President Bill Clinton, current US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, French President Emmanuel Macron, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, and Britain’s Prince Charles and Prime Minister Boris Johnson."

Less childish report at Balkan Insight: https://balkaninsight.com/2020/07/11/srebrenica-genocide-25th-anniversary-commemorated-amid-pandemic/

Srebrenica massacre at Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

I`m surprised @Helen of Annoyhasn`t contributed yet as she is Yugoslavian.

That area of Europe has always been messy, and I suppose the major Western powers have always tried to glue them together when they all wanted to pull in their own directions. Its a shame though it resulted in so much genocide back in the 90s from all sides when they finally split, but most notably the Serbs who went further than the others.

I believe they were raping, murdering, torturing, and castrating the local populations in villages. While letting one or two escape to tell others about the horrors inducing widespread fear and terror. I wonder what will happen when Serbia finally gets into the EU and are sat at the table next to other Balkans leaders?

@Cookie Monster I'm not Yugoslavian, I'm Croatian.

(I know you were just trying to be provocative, which is so tasteless in such thread, but all you accomplished is seeming ignorant of matters you're commenting.) 

Yugoslavia ceased to exist after the head of Serbian Communist party, Milošević, attempted seizing power over the federal union and started aggression against other constitutive republics, which resulted with his and his goons' asses kicked out of my land. 

Etc. I shouldn't try fitting a whole book in one post so I won't. 

The ideal development of the situation - in my humble opinion - would be both Bosnia & Herzegovina and Serbia in the EU, as soon as possible. So at least no one has to worry about any wars anymore and both countries can consolidate less corrupt governments and start working on ways to live better, because this neighbourhood has excellent resources.   

My eternal sympathies for all Srebreničani. Neka im je lahka zemlja Bosanska. 

(May they rest in peace is not the literal translation, but it's close enough.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

(I know you were just trying to be provocative, which is so tasteless in such thread, but all you accomplished is seeming ignorant of matters you're commenting.) 

Yugoslavia ceased to exist after the head of Serbian Communist party, Milošević, attempted seizing power over the federal union and started aggression against other constitutive republics, which resulted with his and his goons' asses kicked out of my land. 

The ideal development of the situation - in my humble opinion - would be both Bosnia & Herzegovina and Serbia in the EU, as soon as possible. So at least no one has to worry about any wars anymore and both countries can consolidate less corrupt governments and start working on ways to live better, because this neighbourhood has excellent resources.   

Sorry, I don`t know what you mean.

Here in the UK we refer to English, Welsh, and Scots, as British. If they were all separate they would still be British. British doesnt exclusively mean English, or with England. Maybe I am using the word Yugoslavia wrongly. Too me it used to be a country, but is still a collective term I can use to refer to the peoples that made it up.

I can refer to the Dutch as a Germanic people without implying they are part of modern Germany.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sorry, I don`t know what you mean.

Here in the UK we refer to English, Welsh, and Scots, as British. If they were all separate they would still be British. British doesnt exclusively mean English, or with England. Maybe I am using the word Yugoslavia wrongly. Too me it used to be a country, but is still a collective term I can use to refer to the peoples that made it up.

I can refer to the Dutch as a Germanic people without implying they are part of modern Germany.

Nazi was and is a collective term, and while it could be applied to many people who lived in Germany between 1936 and 1945, to apply it to Jews would be crass. Same thing applies here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That area of Europe has always been messy, and I suppose the major Western powers have always tried to glue them together when they all wanted to pull in their own directions.

One of the few areas on the planet that could give Jews and Arabs lessons in vengeance and retribution.  Meanwhile, as we murmur platitudes about years gone by, America seems ready to make the Hatfields and McCoys seem like good neighbors.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

One of the few areas on the planet that could give Jews and Arabs lessons in vengeance and retribution.  Meanwhile, as we murmur platitudes about years gone by, America seems ready to make the Hatfields and McCoys seem like good neighbors.  

Your fake führer betrayed NATO, preparing this ground for another war. (I believe he's stupid enough he had no idea what exact consequences will follow his childish destruction, but he's guilty as hell nevertheless.)

You won't succeed, and even if you manage to start both your own new civil war and new world war, your Jesus won't come. Because sadistic, exclusively Evangelical, greedy and spiteful Jesus does not exist. Go read the New Testament and keep your hooves out of politics until you do that.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
typos.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Because sadistic, exclusively Evangelical, greedy and spiteful Jesus does not exist. Go read the New Testament and keep your hooves out of politics until you do that.

I said nothing untrue about your homeland.  Back when History was actually taught in schools, the lessons learned from that part of the world were considered to be important to grasp and to avoid repeating.  I have no position on who may be right or wrong there.  I don't care.  Neither do I care about your opinion of me or my faith.  I lose no sleep over the hate you express toward me.  That isn't my business and it certainly isn't an obstacle for me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, and then said:

I said nothing untrue about your homeland.  Back when History was actually taught in schools, the lessons learned from that part of the world were considered to be important to grasp and to avoid repeating.  I have no position on who may be right or wrong there.  I don't care.  Neither do I care about your opinion of me or my faith.  I lose no sleep over the hate you express toward me.  That isn't my business and it certainly isn't an obstacle for me.  

Going against the US Constitution is the obstacle for you. 

Faith-wise, going against the New Testament while invoking Jesus all the time is not just the obstacle, it's blasphemy. 

Your presence in the thread meant for Srebrenica is desecrating the memory of the innocent victims of totalitarian, racist, genocidal maniacs - maniacs who only wanted ethnically and religiously cleansed territory, the same your disgusting circus of hypocrisy and fraud is hoping for. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`m surprised @Helen of Annoyhasn`t contributed yet as she is Yugoslavian.

That area of Europe has always been messy, and I suppose the major Western powers have always tried to glue them together when they all wanted to pull in their own directions. Its a shame though it resulted in so much genocide back in the 90s from all sides when they finally split, but most notably the Serbs who went further than the others.

I believe they were raping, murdering, torturing, and castrating the local populations in villages. While letting one or two escape to tell others about the horrors inducing widespread fear and terror. I wonder what will happen when Serbia finally gets into the EU and are sat at the table next to other Balkans leaders?

You are a sick puppy, that should be immediately take to the Dog Pound, you think this is some kind of joke. Well it isn't and your comments above are cold and heartless.:td:

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You are a sick puppy, that should be immediately take to the Dog Pound, you think this is some kind of joke. Well it isn't and your comments above are cold and heartless.:td:

Zzzz zzz zzzzzz

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Going against the US Constitution is the obstacle for you. 

Faith-wise, going against the New Testament while invoking Jesus all the time is not just the obstacle, it's blasphemy. 

Your presence in the thread meant for Srebrenica is desecrating the memory of the innocent victims of totalitarian, racist, genocidal maniacs - maniacs who only wanted ethnically and religiously cleansed territory, the same your disgusting circus of hypocrisy and fraud is hoping for. 

He isn`t doing or saying anything wrong, what are you on about?

It sounds like you are taking out your historic sensitivities on him. Its a sad day whenever a country dissolves into its founding states engaging in violence against former brothers, sisters, and cousins. I dont know and dont pretend to know why your people couldn`t just get along. Not my problem, but the innocent loss of life on all sides was bad.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Hope you are alright, remembrances like this can be very painful. There is nothing more terrible that war, except what happened there, those were some dark days for the Humanity. The President of Serbia Slobodan Milosevic was charged with War Crimes in Bosina, Croatia, and Kosovo, along with, Ratko Mladic both these scum bags, were tried for Crimes Against Humanity, genocide and war crimes. Mladic was given life in Prison, and Milosevic's trial was never finished because he died in Prison of a Heart attack. United Nations Peace Keeping forces which included the United States were on the ground from 1992 until 1995.

war crime.jpg

Como.jpg

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Zzzz zzz zzzzzz

You know what know what they do at Dog pounds to Ugly Dogs nobody wants, well I will help you out they get the Needle I suppose that's the zzzzzz are all about, well it won't be long now!!!!!!!;)

8 hours ago, and then said:

You gotta carry that hate every where you go, many forum members are getting very tired of your constant comments concerning Sedition. It really needs to stop because some one may have been coping your posts going back awhile and they very easily could email you comments to those who may be interested. That could put you in bad situation with everything that is currently going on in the United States. I don't know if any of that has actually happened, but you may want to think about what you post before you do it especially when you angry. :yes:

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You gotta carry that hate every where you go, many forum members are getting very tired of your constant comments concerning Sedition. It really needs to stop because some one may have been coping your posts going back awhile and they very easily could email you comments to those who may be interested. That could put you in bad situation with everything that is currently going on in the United States. I don't know if any of that has actually happened, but you may want to think about what you post before you do it especially when you angry. :yes:

That sounds like you are threatening him.

Sedition is a huge problem in the US at the moment from the left and lefty media. It sounds like you are telling him to be quiet otherwise if an overthrow happens copies of his posts would be forwarded to the lefty dictator?

What a quite frankly shocking thing to say, especially on a topic where earlier you showed sympathy to those who were wiped out by a lefty dictator. Yet you secretly want it to happen to @and then

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

That sounds like you are threatening him.

Sedition is a huge problem in the US at the moment from the left and lefty media. It sounds like you are telling him to be quiet otherwise if an overthrow happens copies of his posts would be forwarded to the lefty dictator?

What a quite frankly shocking thing to say, especially on a topic where earlier you showed sympathy to those who were wiped out by a lefty dictator. Yet you secretly want it to happen to @and then

Like I said I don't know if it any of it has happened, but he certainly makes a lot of comments about this and that being over thrown, or everyone rising up because they are tired of the lefts action, that is Sedition. When anyone talks about rising up against  our Government that is exactly what is, so when he is angry he needs to watch the comments he makes. But a threat, no I made no threat only an observation, I am actually trying to bring it to his attention so that he stops doing it before something happens. If you were his friend you would have done it a long time ago, why did you bring it to his attention?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Like I said I don't know if it any of it has happened, but he certainly makes a lot of comments about this and that being over thrown, or everyone rising up because they are tired of the lefts action, that is Sedition. When anyone talks about rising up against  our Government that is exactly what is, so when he is angry he needs to watch the comments he makes. But a threat, no I made no threat only an observation, I am actually trying to bring it to his attention so that he stops doing it before something happens. If you were his friend you would have done it a long time ago, why did you bring it to his attention?

The US should rise up if Trump loses after what has been going on the last 4 years.

No side should be subverting democracy to sway elections their way.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The US should rise up if Trump loses after what has been going on the last 4 years.

I really wish they would, when I was in the Military I worked in a G-3 plans and operations office. I worked on SOP's and different forms of Operation Orders. There is a complete contingency plan if people rise up to commit Sedition, and they will be cut down by Helicopter Gunships and whoever survived would be facing infantry and tanks next, and the orders in that kind of situation is take no Prisoners, I mean why go through  the time and expense of a trial for Seditionist when you can just kill them all and let God sort them out. So let them rise up, I will get out the pop and some popcorn and watch them get mowed down.:yes:  

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

@Eldorado Thank you for this post. I have lost many family members in Srebrenica.

@Helen of Annoy Hvala. Nikad se ne ponovilo nikome. Thank you. May this never heppen to anyone again. I listen to the news and many times it was brought up that the yearly march from Vukovar to Srebrenica is missed by Bosnians and Croats because of the pandemic. Still, a symbolic march from Vukovar to Vinkovci was made.

@Cookie Monster, @and then, you guys mention religion and the bible any occasion you can. Funny. After the Holocoust people should have know better. After the Srebrenica Genocide people should have known better. Most people do. But, not people like you.

We are still witnessing the hate towards everthing that is unlike you. Hate against people of color, race, religion, sexual preference. This happenes everywhere, east, west, north and south. Isis, white supremacists, radical zionists. While opposing sides they all have a common denominator-people like you. People guided by hate, religion and dangerous ideology who have not learned anything from history.

Let Srebrenica be the end of evil. Let Srebrenica be the start of understanding, tolerance, justice and peace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, odas said:

@Eldorado Thank you for this post. I have lost many family members in Srebrenica.

@Helen of Annoy Hvala. Nikad se ne ponovilo nikome. Thank you. May this never heppen to anyone again. I listen to the news and many times it was brought up that the yearly march from Vukovar to Srebrenica is missed by Bosnians and Croats because of the pandemic. Still, a symbolic march from Vukovar to Vinkovci was made.

@Cookie Monster, @and then, you guys mention religion and the bible any occasion you can. Funny. After the Holocoust people should have know better. After the Srebrenica Genocide people should have known better. Most people do. But, not people like you.

We are still witnessing the hate towards everthing that is unlike you. Hate against people of color, race, religion, sexual preference. This happenes everywhere, east, west, north and south. Isis, white supremacists, radical zionists. While opposing sides they all have a common denominator-people like you. People guided by hate, religion and dangerous ideology who have not learned anything from history.

Let Srebrenica be the end of evil. Let Srebrenica be the start of understanding, tolerance, justice and peace.

I`ve never seen anybody before say fair elections, freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and democracy, are dangerous ideologies. You only agree with them where the narrative matches your views. The rest of the time they are evil.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I really wish they would, when I was in the Military I worked in a G-3 plans and operations office. I worked on SOP's and different forms of Operation Orders. There is a complete contingency plan if people rise up to commit Sedition, and they will be cut down by Helicopter Gunships and whoever survived would be facing infantry and tanks next, and the orders in that kind of situation is take no Prisoners, I mean why go through  the time and expense of a trial for Seditionist when you can just kill them all and let God sort them out. So let them rise up, I will get out the pop and some popcorn and watch them get mowed down.:yes:  

If only Trump did the same with the CHAZ/CHOP crowd.... 

Or is that somehow different?

Either way, i'd say the country that mowed down it's own citizens like that would face massive international backlash, and also half the army walking away with their arms....

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

If only Trump did the same with the CHAZ/CHOP crowd.... 

Or is that somehow different?

Either way, i'd say the country that mowed down it's own citizens like that would face massive international backlash, and also half the army walking away with their arms....

I really care what you say, or what you think please keep it to yourself and don't bother me with your whiney sniveling comments:tu:

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I`ve never seen anybody before say fair elections, freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and democracy, are dangerous ideologies. You only agree with them where the narrative matches your views. The rest of the time they are evil.

All the comments that Odas made to you are true, face it that's you, at least proud of what you are!!!!!:no:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

So let them rise up, I will get out the pop and some popcorn and watch them get mowed down

Peace...