Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Srebrenica massacre remembered

Eldorado

18 minutes ago, and then said:

Peace...

If you are serious I am behind it, if you sarcastic I am ready for it. Oh and by the way, before you give Hacktop rep, you may want  look at the articles he is posting. In the COVID Conspiracy  thread you recently gave him Rep because he was promoting President Trumps favorite drug that doesnt work. Well Hacktop used a source to prove his point which is a Known Russian Propaganda site, that supports Trump based in Cyprus .

I did a little fact checking and exposed the site and the people reporting as Russians and as part of their Propaganda Community. So like I said if you and Bee Rep the guy that also means to everyone reading the posts that you also support where his information came from, and thus support the Russians. I don't think you do, but I do think when you support some one you should pay attention to where their information is coming from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you are serious I am behind it, if you sarcastic I am ready for it. Oh and by the way, before you give Hacktop rep, you may want  look at the articles he is posting. In the COVID Conspiracy  thread you recently gave him Rep because he was promoting President Trumps favorite drug that doesnt work. Well Hacktop used a source to prove his point which is a Known Russian Propaganda site, that supports Trump based in Cyprus .

I did a little fact checking and exposed the site and the people reporting as Russians and as part of their Propaganda Community. So like I said if you and Bee Rep the guy that also means to everyone reading the posts that you also support where his information came from, and thus support the Russians. I don't think you do, but I do think when you support some one you should pay attention to where their information is coming from.

In your country (not mine, thank God!) your media tells you lies about Remdesivir.

To begin with they tell you that its a dangerous drug. I suppose all drugs are dangerous when not used in safe doses. But Remdesivir has been around for a long-time and the safe dosage is well known and understood. Used properly the risk of side affects is very low.

Next, your media tells you that it doesn`t work. This is more to do with being anti-Trump than trumping reliable medical advice to the public. While WHO said it has yet to get evidence (which isn`t the same as evidence it doesn`t work) there are several countries that have been using it and finding it is hugely successful at treating Covid-19. The most notable ones being South Korea and Germany. CNN really need shutting down over this because they are putting American lives at risk by putting their negative obsession with Trump before reliable medical advice.

You have a search engine, why arent you using it? Oh I forgot, you engage in a peculiar form of magical thinking where everything negative you hear about Trump, you convince yourself is true.

Edited by Cookie Monster

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

In your country (not mine, thank God!) your media tells you lies about Remdesivir.

To begin with they tell you that its a dangerous drug. I suppose all drugs are dangerous when not used in safe doses. But Remdesivir has been around for a long-time and the safe dosage is well known and understood. Used properly the risk of side affects is very low.

Next, your media tells you that it doesn`t work. This is more to do with being anti-Trump than trumping reliable medical advice to the public. While WHO said it has yet to get evidence (which isn`t the same as evidence it doesn`t work) there are several countries that have been using it and finding it is hugely successful at treating Covid-19. The most notable ones being South Korea and Germany. CNN really need shutting down over this because they are putting American lives at risk by putting their negative obsession with Trump before reliable medical advice.

You have a search engine, why arent you using it? Oh I forgot, you engage in a peculiar form of magical thinking where everything negative you hear about Trump, you convince yourself is true.

What the hell are you taking about, I think your gears are slipping dude. Remdesivir is the main excepted drug for medical use for COVID, no one says it doesnt work. You are very confused that's not the drug that Trump is Pushing, when you figure out what you trying to say, then respond because you are making no sense.:devil:

Why use a search engine, I don't need one, I have a photographic memory if I read something once I never forget it, just like when you say something that makes no sense I never forget it either. One thing it is wise you never forget, it is Magical, I was born with a gift that has been passed down in my family for hundreds of years. I can see you and through you, you just have no idea who you are really dealing with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Oh and by the way, your comments to Helen of Annoy in this thread were very cold and heartless. She went through a very very bad time during that conflict, and your thoughtless and rude comments were very uncalled for, but I doubt you have the ability to even understand or comprehend that. However, I hope there may be a very slight chance you may understand at least that you were wrong, I think you need to apologize to her if that isn't to difficult to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh and by the way, your comments to Helen of Annoy in this thread were very cold and heartless. She went through a very very bad time during that conflict, and your thoughtless and rude comments were very uncalled for, but I doubt you have the ability to even understand or comprehend that. However, I hope there may be a very slight chance you may understand at least that you were wrong, I think you need to apologize to her if that isn't to difficult to do.

What? Referring to her as Yugoslavian? Give over.

Everyone knows they are no longer that country due to them splitting up. A more correct term would have been Former Yugoslavian, but I think you are being a little over dramatic.

Didn`t I have you on block before? I remember why. Back on block for you if you arent careful!

Edited by Cookie Monster

What the hell are you taking about, I think your gears are slipping dude. Remdesivir is the main excepted drug for medical use for COVID, no one says it doesnt work. You are very confused that's not the drug that Trump is Pushing, when you figure out what you trying to say, then respond because you are making no sense.:devil:

Why use a search engine, I don't need one, I have a photographic memory if I read something once I never forget it, just like when you say something that makes no sense I never forget it either. One thing it is wise you never forget, it is Magical, I was born with a gift that has been passed down in my family for hundreds of years. I can see you and through you, you just have no idea who you are really dealing with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil::devil::devil:

Okay I did a facepalm on that one.

I checked and its hydroxychloroquine but I`m still tempted to put you on block.

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Okay I did a facepalm on that one.

I checked and its hydroxychloroquine but I`m still tempted to put you on block.

Take what I am going to say very seriously, I don't care if you put me on ignore. So if you think that's a good Idea do it, and embarrass your decision.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

What? Referring to her as Yugoslavian? Give over.

Everyone knows they are no longer that country due to them splitting up. A more correct term would have been Former Yugoslavian, but I think you are being a little over dramatic.

Didn`t I have you on block before? I remember why. Back on block for you if you arent careful!

Cookie here is what you said:

I`m surprised @Helen of Annoyhasn`t contributed yet as she is Yugoslavian.

That area of Europe has always been messy, and I suppose the major Western powers have always tried to glue them together when they all wanted to pull in their own directions. Its a shame though it resulted in so much genocide back in the 90s from all sides when they finally split, but most notably the Serbs who went further than the others.

I believe they were raping, murdering, torturing, and castrating the local populations in villages. While letting one or two escape to tell others about the horrors inducing widespread fear and terror. I wonder what will happen when Serbia finally gets into the EU and are sat at the table next to other Balkans leaders?

First, the Genocide wasn't from all sides, it was the Serbs, so someone lived through that would be offended that you lumped all the people into the same category.

Second, this thread was a remembrance, bring up all the horrors of what happened makes people who may have experienced feel absolutely terrible.

Maybe you did not think of about that when you were posting your comments, it may not have been intentional, but how others perceive it is a different story and you have to think about also. Look at her response to you do you really think she liked your comments? 

• Thanks 2

First of all I will admit I know little of the events in this war, that there was genocide and war crimes yes, I know that, but the detail behind it I am not so sure on. It is right that we remember the many that died and were injured in the conflict. It is right that we point out and take action against those who committed War Crimes.  The bullet holes in the buildings remain to this day and so they should, a reminder of darker times past. 

But looking from a distance it seems that the people are once again trying to get on with rebuilding, hopeful for a prosperous and peaceful future within their communities and between their communities I wish them the very best in that. They have had a raw deal throughout history may the future be kinder. 

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

First, the Genocide wasn't from all sides, it was the Serbs, so someone lived through that would be offended that you lumped all the people into the same category.

That statement is not accurate.  According to the Haque Croatia and Serbia were both cleared of committing genocide back in 2015.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/world/europe/croatia-and-serbia-cleared-of-genocide-by-hague-court.amp.html

While both countries got cleared of genocide claims both countries also committed a ton of war crimes each.  A lot of the Croatian war crimes tended to be of the form of Croatian soldiers going into villages and executing ethnic Serbs, normally elderly ones, who refused to leave the village they were born and lived their entire lives in along with anyone who stood by them or tried to help them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That statement is not accurate.  According to the Haque Croatia and Serbia were both cleared of committing genocide back in 2015.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/world/europe/croatia-and-serbia-cleared-of-genocide-by-hague-court.amp.html

While both countries got cleared of genocide claims both countries also committed a ton of war crimes each.  A lot of the Croatian war crimes tended to be of the form of Croatian soldiers going into villages and executing ethnic Serbs, normally elderly ones, who refused to leave the village they were born and lived their entire lives in along with anyone who stood by them or tried to help them.

Your right I did speak incorrectly, there were war crimes committed by both sides, but main by the Serbs. The Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic along with his military forces started the conflict and were responsible for the majority of the war Crimes that were committed. Yes some crimes were committed by Croatian factions once they regained control of their areas. However, not everyone was cleared of committing War Crimes. there were individuals charged with Crimes.

The Serbian President was Charged with Crimes Against Humanity, and various other War Crimes, however, he died in prison from a Heart Attack before he was found guilty.  A total of 45 Serb's, 12 Croat, and 4 Bosniaks were charged with War Crimes. Radovan Karadžić  was tried and found guilty of Crimes against Humanity and Genocide he was given Life in prison. Many others were tried for Crimes against Humanity and Genocide. According to what I have found on he subject 90% of the crimes were committed by Serbs, 6% by Croats and 4% by Bosniaks

That is the sum total of what I found is in the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

I was unable to open your link, because I do not a subscription. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Cookie here is what you said:

I`m surprised @Helen of Annoyhasn`t contributed yet as she is Yugoslavian.

That area of Europe has always been messy, and I suppose the major Western powers have always tried to glue them together when they all wanted to pull in their own directions. Its a shame though it resulted in so much genocide back in the 90s from all sides when they finally split, but most notably the Serbs who went further than the others.

I believe they were raping, murdering, torturing, and castrating the local populations in villages. While letting one or two escape to tell others about the horrors inducing widespread fear and terror. I wonder what will happen when Serbia finally gets into the EU and are sat at the table next to other Balkans leaders?

Second, this thread was a remembrance, bring up all the horrors of what happened makes people who may have experienced feel absolutely terrible.

Maybe you did not think of about that when you were posting your comments, it may not have been intentional, but how others perceive it is a different story and you have to think about also. Look at her response to you do you really think she liked your comments? 

But yes it was from all sides:

Bosnian War Crimes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_genocide#:~:text=Currently%2C former Bosnian Serb leaders,Count 1%3A Genocide.

Serbian War Crimes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_in_the_Yugoslav_Wars

Croatian War Crimes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_War_of_Independence#War_crimes_and_the_ICTY

While I realise this is an emotional topic for people from each side, that doesnt change history. Facts not emotions please. With the Serbs they did more war crimes than the others, but the others got stuck in too.

Edited by Cookie Monster

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Correct, and while we realise its emotive for Serbs, Croatians, and Bosnians, it happened.

Our NATO forces originally went in to police them all, not one side, because they were all up to no good. Care should be taken not to confuse that with what happened in Kosovo. Kosovo came towards the end pf the conflict when NATO finally had enough with Serbia and declared war on them.

Edited by Cookie Monster

19 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Correct, and while we realise its emotive for Serbs, Croatians, and Bosnians, it happened.

Our NATO forces originally went in to police them all, not one side, because they were all up to no good. Care should be taken not to confuse that with what happened in Kosovo. Kosovo came towards the end pf the conflict when NATO finally had enough with Serbia and declared war on them.

You realize ****. On a stick.  

And I'm not going to help you realize anything, because you deserve to commit even worse historic mistakes out of your arrogance and stupidity. 

For the sake of facts - not your NATO. My NATO. Your NATO does not exist in reality, it exists only in heads still full of soviet propaganda - Trump for example. Soviet propaganda was that NATO is draining its members to line US pockets. It's beyond bizarre that there are people who buy that in this day and age. 

Peacekeeping forces were not exclusively from NATO countries. For example, the checkpoint I was crossing most often was kept by Jordanians. So you're blathering again about things you're uninformed of.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You realize ****. On a stick.  

And I'm not going to help you realize anything, because you deserve to commit even worse historic mistakes out of your arrogance and stupidity. 

For the sake of facts - not your NATO. My NATO. Your NATO does not exist in reality, it exists only in heads still full of soviet propaganda - Trump for example. Soviet propaganda was that NATO is draining its members to line US pockets. It's beyond bizarre that there are people who buy that in this day and age. 

Peacekeeping forces were not exclusively from NATO countries. For example, the checkpoint I was crossing most often was kept by Jordanians. So you're blathering again about things you're uninformed of.   

At the time Croatia wasn`t in NATO, you guys joined in 2009.

My country (the UK) is one of the major contributing nations to NATO. For example, its our Eurofighters that are based in the Baltic States in case of any Russian aggression. NATO is very real, I`m confused by your comments. The US is not draining our pockets either. I dont get that comment. The US spends 3.5% of its GDP on defence and pays into NATO $600 billion per year. The minimum a NATO country is supposed to spend on defence is 2% of their GDP to be a member, and all other members are paying into NATO far less than the US contribution. If anything, the USA has a bad deal due to that $600 billion. How many hospitals and schools would that pay for?

I haven`t seen the Russian propaganda you speak off, its not present in the UK. Maybe its present in Croatia, or maybe your media tells you its present everywhere? But its not the case here. Our media and politicians have been anti-Russia for a couple of decades now and the country really isn`t popular amongst the people. This is primarily because of their use of Polonium and nerve gas on our territory. With Crimea we can understand that as the Russian naval base there is strategically important to them, they would snatch it to prevent the EU gaining control. We can even understand why they would assassinate ex-KGB agents. That doesnt mean we agree with either by the way. But putting British lives at risk with the reckless use of Polonium and nerve gas is a no, no. For that we cannot forgive them and I`m pretty sure we wont be doing anytime soon.

I know other countries not in NATO helped too, I never claimed they didnt.

34 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

At the time Croatia wasn`t in NATO, you guys joined in 2009.

And one of the reasons why we had the damn Serbian aggression against our land was that we were determined to join both the EU and the NATO. 

We succeeded. *dances with middle fingers in the air*

This is why it is my NATO and my EU, and they were mine even while your political option kept us out of our alliances. 

My town alone lost 30 children in artillery, air and sniper attacks. That's the price we paid because your political option demanded it. Your political option wanted its Serboslavia thorn stuck in European and NATO side, so it can keep shamelessly manipulating. Your inability to comprehend what cooperation is keeps you limited to malevolent scheming and it directly enabled Milošević and his genocidal attempt at de-Europeization of other people's lands you told him are his.

Oh, but you realize. You realize wet ****. 

Do quote me again, whenever someone wakes up the part of my brain stuck permanently in 92-95, I clean my house or garden furiously until it goes back to sleep. And I've got one more room to paint, so I could use one or two more posts of yours.   

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And one of the reasons why we had the damn Serbian aggression against our land was that we were determined to join both the EU and the NATO. 

This is why it is my NATO and my EU, and they were mine even while your political option kept us out of our alliances. 

My town alone lost 30 children in artillery, air and sniper attacks. That's the price we paid because your political option demanded it. Your political option wanted its Serboslavia thorn stuck in European and NATO side, so it can keep shamelessly manipulating. Your inability to comprehend what cooperation is keeps you limited to malevolent scheming and it directly enabled Milošević and his genocidal attempt at de-Europeization of other people's lands you told him are his.

Do quote me again, whenever someone wakes up the part of my brain stuck permanently in 92-95, I clean my house or garden furiously until it goes back to sleep. And I've got one more room to paint, so I could use one or two more posts of yours.   

Take a deep breath, and forget this it isn't worth it. I completely understand how you feel and how those dam memories come rushing in uncontrolled. I also find busy work to take my mind off things when this happens I really hope this doesnt keep you up tonight, and that some way you gay may improve.

Peace and take care my friend.:cry:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I really dont know what you are going on about, we weren`t pro-Serbia, we weren`t pro-anybody.

To join the EU and NATO there are criteria a state must meet and once a state meets them they are free to join. The UK does not set the EU or NATO criteria, its a collective decision.

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Take a deep breath, and forget this it isn't worth it. I completely understand how you feel and how those dam memories come rushing in uncontrolled. I also find busy work to take my mind off things when this happens I really hope this doesnt keep you up tonight, and that some way you gay may improve.

Peace and take care my friend.:cry:

Thank you. Don't worry, this is good for me. And horrible for their propaganda - the more false claims they make, the stupider they look. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

I really dont know what you are going on about, we weren`t pro-Serbia, we weren`t pro-anybody.

To join the EU and NATO there are criteria a state must meet and once a state meets them they are free to join. The UK does not set the EU or NATO criteria, its a collective decision.

Hey Cookie, if you can't take a hint I will help you out Cookie, the lady asked you to Shut the F--up!!! Cant you see by what she said in her post that it hurts her very much when she is forced to remember those who were lost from her village during that dam war. Do you complete lack empathy for others, I mean what the hell is your problem?:no: I don't understand what your thinking.:angry:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You brexited out of EU decision making and your trumpesque, pro-Russian stance that NATO shouldn't waste resources and risk confrontation for the sake of its non-imperial members is another mistake you already paid for in total loss of reputation.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Thank you. Don't worry, this is good for me. And horrible for their propaganda - the more false claims they make, the stupider they look. 

I do understand that getting it out is important, I just don't think that doing so on an internet forum is a good idea, but who know I never claimed I was bright!!!!!:D Seriously I hope you feel better, like you said earlier, doing some work or even better going for a long walk is great for the soul.:yes:

Take Care

• Thanks 1

When the war of the giants is over the wars of the pygmies will begin. and it sure did - and that about sums up the Balkans, going as far back as WW1. Its the Slavic blood, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine. Czech Republic, Slovakia. Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia. what a right bunch.

• Like 1

Hey Cookie, if you can't take a hint I will help you out Cookie, the lady asked you to Shut the F--up!!! Cant you see by what she said in her post that it hurts her very much when she is forced to remember those who were lost from her village during that dam war. Do you complete lack empathy for others, I mean what the hell is your problem?:no: I don't understand what your thinking.:angry:

With Helen she isn`t the most diplomatic of people.

Of course we are sympathetic to those who have seen the horrors of war, it must be a dreadful experience. We arent cold psychopaths. Her approach to making her arguments could be a lot better though. She doesnt calmly explain that her country is small so needs NATO to protect it and needs to be in the EU to protect it and create prosperity.

Its just constant hostility and demands.

With the Americans they are a separate country wanting the best for their own people. Thats understandable, that applies in every country on the planet. Its not hard to understand when they look at their own NATO spending compared to other member states that they perceive themselves as having a bad deal. With a NATO contribution of $600 billion per annum they are basically funding the alliance by themselves. The contributions from other member states are pennies in comparison. Putting aside small states for the moment, it even includes Germany which is rich but not paying its way. In my opinion the US has rightfully pulled its troops home from there.

Instead of attacking US Trump and Boris Brexit a more diplomatic approach would go down better.

If I was Trump and a leader came to me and said we are impressed at what you have done with the US. We admire your strong leadership, and think you are right that NATO states should all be paying a minimum of 2% GDP.  But we are impoverished following our civil war, is there anything you can do to help us raise our level of prosperity so we can meet our NATO commitments? Then I would certainly help. I would look at your natural resources that are untapped and say how about we set you up some industry regarding it? Treating others with respect and being diplomatic gets people further than hostility and demands.

Those Germans though, I dont what they are up too. I think they are choosing not to pay so they can create an EU army.

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

When the war of the giants is over the wars of the pygmies will begin. and it sure did - and that about sums up the Balkans, going as far back as WW1. Its the Slavic blood, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine. Czech Republic, Slovakia. Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, and Slovenia. what a right bunch.

??

What "wars of the pygmies" have Belarus, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Bulgaria been involved in? What about wars of the pygmies involving Kosovo, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, all of them non-Slavic?

• Like 2