Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video of odd 'alien lizard' goes viral

Still Waters

A bizarre piece of footage making the rounds online shows what appears to be some kind of lizard that sports long human-like arms. The very weird scene was posted on the popular video-sharing app TikTok last week by a user claiming to have encountered the oddity in Boulder City, Nevada.

the puzzling piece of footage has amassed a staggering 2.8 million views and thousands of comments

https://woai.iheart.com/featured/coast-to-coast-am/content/2020-07-10-watch-odd-alien-lizard-goes-viral/

However, a more plausible explanation put forward by skeptics is that the 'lizard' is actually just a toy and that the video is a clever hoax.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-odd-alien-lizard-goes-viral/

• Haha 5

When millions still don't have the deductive reasoning ability to conclude that it's a toy, we're pretty much ****ed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The internet can be fooled so easy. No wonder this world is in such a mess.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If I saw the video correctly we never saw the creature move. So why would anyone create a video so short?It's not that weird that I wouldn't suspect a regular species of lizard.

Can't rule out it's an etheric reptilian creature in this crazy universe.

Papameter 2.0 Reading

98% Hoax or Normal Species     2% Of a realm unknown to science

Confidence Level:  Extremely Low

Edited by papageorge1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If I saw the video correctly we never saw the creature move. So why would anyone create a video so short?

That is the entire concept of what Tik Tok was created for. Short videos for entertainment purposes. 

"TikTok (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn) is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance, a Beijing-based internet technology company founded in 2012 by Zhang Yiming. It is used to create short dance, lip-sync, comedy and talent videos."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TikTok

• Like 1

DSC_20257a.jpg

I'm not even going to say the video is legit, but if it is an actual creature, could be a dead and dehydrated one of these. 

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

DSC_20257a.jpg

I'm not even going to say the video is legit, but if it is an actual creature, could be a dead and dehydrated one of these. 

Meh. To me the limbs are way too exaggerated. Way too curvy. Almost like there are no bones. It doesn't look feasible to be an animal with a skeleton. There doesn't seem to be any joints in the limbs.

5f08c01571fef2bb12320e5f?ops=gravity(%22

• Like 1

Just now, onlookerofmayhem said:

Meh. To me the limbs are way too exaggerated. Way too curvy. Almost like there are no bones. It doesn't look feasible to be an animal with a skeleton. There doesn't seem to be any joints in the limbs.

I can't disagree with that, it's the reason I said IF. It looks like some stretchy home brew creature. Plus, tiktok. It's the meth of the internet. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

That is the entire concept of what Tik Tok was created for. Short videos for entertainment purposes. 

"TikTok (Chinese: 抖音; pinyin: Dǒuyīn) is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance, a Beijing-based internet technology company founded in 2012 by Zhang Yiming. It is used to create short dance, lip-sync, comedy and talent videos."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TikTok

Tik Tok was created for China to harvest as much user data as possible

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Congratulations on 100,000 reactions!

This was the post that did it!

event-image-10897103-e66725aa-114a-4087-

519.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A bizarre piece of footage making the rounds online shows what appears to be some kind of lizard that sports long human-like arms.

pathetic :sleepy:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If I saw the video correctly we never saw the creature move. So why would anyone create a video so short?It's not that weird that I wouldn't suspect a regular species of lizard.

Can't rule out it's an etheric reptilian creature in this crazy universe.

Papameter 2.0 Reading

98% Hoax or Normal Species     2% Of a realm unknown to science

Confidence Level:  Extremely Low

You can safely drop that 2%

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

pathetic :sleepy:

Why can't we get Bigfoot or UFO shots this clear instead of looking like they were from a 100 pixel camera?

• Thanks 3

This video and its music made me cringe

• Like 1

Its not usual for a lizard to have legs that long.....................obviously its a case of a reptile dysfunction

• Haha 3

Looks like play-doh rolled in pebbles and posed. Head has no normal features. Wavy limbs and lack of claws excludes it IMHO from being created from an expired animal.

• Like 2

Looks like a Thin Lizzy album cover. 

• Like 2

There re amazing videos of creatures with arms.

Disclaimer: Papageorge1 this video is not of etheric creatures. They are not ectoplasmic entities from a higher plane vibrating at unorthodox frequencies, paranormal, or otherwise involved in some sort of Deepak Chopra quantum flapdoodle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The problem with the video is that it is only a few seconds long and the creature does not move, so its hard to tell if it is real. But for the sake of argument if it is real the most likelihood is that is a species of spotted lizard.  

On 7/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, papageorge1 said:

They made it so you'd  go watch it.

You did.

--Jaylemurph

• Thanks 3