Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

Is President Trump going to win by default ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

no

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ?

This furthers my argument that the primary election season is held too early. Starting I think around November 2019 (or probably even sooner) the media was all in flurry covering every little detail of the campaign. With the current system usually by about March the drama is over and everyone starts yawning. Now Biden strikes me as ancient news when it hasn't even been that long. The media has already had a few other issues to flurry about since then and where's Biden?

Probably and Biden's perceived weakness will be one factor.

• Confused 1

I was reading an article a few weeks back (sorry can't find it now), but basically it argued that rallies in this day and age have next to no meaningful impact on voting intentions. bigger events like party conventions tend to have an effect but short lived, generally up to 3 weeks after the event. 

so the smart money wouldn't be spent on rallies.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

He was here in Pennsylvania two days ago. Not far from his hometown of Scranton.

https://www.pahomepage.com/top-stories/supporters-and-protesters-come-out-to-see-presidential-candidate-joe-biden-in-dunmore/

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/lackawanna-county/joe-biden-one-on-one-dunmore/523-3022ca90-fb42-485d-a216-825ff787b531

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

At the moment, it looks like Biden will win by default.

Trump seems to be running against himself.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, acute said:

At the moment, it looks like Biden will win by default.

Trump seems to be running against himself.

Pretty sure Hillary had the same mindset, and I don't even think Trump is a very good president. IMHO, his legacy may end up being the appointment of Gorsuch who so far has been consistent in interpreting the constitution and has practiced no judicial activism (for either side).

• Like 5

When the political ads play showing riots and saying, "You won't be safe in Biden's America"  it might help for perspective to remember that those ads are being  filmed in Trump's America.

• Like 7

Everything (and I mean everything) Trump does is playing to his base, but the Independents that got him elected are deserting the sinking ship.

As things stand right now, Trump can't win, but there's plenty of time to turn it around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

I was reading an article a few weeks back (sorry can't find it now), but basically it argued that rallies in this day and age have next to no meaningful impact on voting intentions. bigger events like party conventions tend to have an effect but short lived, generally up to 3 weeks after the event. 

so the smart money wouldn't be spent on rallies.

I read something along those lines as well. The big events apparently have a way of rallying supporters and getting them to the polls, but, as you mention, timing is key.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

When the political ads play showing riots and saying, "You won't be safe in Biden's America"  it might help for perspective to remember that those ads are being  filmed in Trump's America.

Those riots were also filmed in Obama's America. I think people give too much credit in general to politicans for the way people act. Democrat Governors aren't having any better luck.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just remember, there is a reason Putin supports Trump and its not because he loves America or wants America Great.  

• Like 3

Political Cartoons by Bob Gorrell

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2020 at 3:35 PM, RoofGardener said:

Look out of the window.

You see all those masks? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Look out of the window.

You see all those masks? 

20200712_172137.jpg

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Look out of the window.

You see all those masks? 

That applies to both sides. 

Trump is doing rallies. Biden doesn't appear to be ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Another indication of Biden's superior cognitive abilities.  All he has to do is stand back and watch the train wreck.

Of course if Kanye is President we might even miss Trump.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Another indication of Biden's superior cognitive abilities.  All he has to do is stand back and watch the train wreck.

Of course if Kanye is President we might even miss Trump.

Well, if Biden doesn't get out there, then I'm not sure how he can hope to win ? 

I mean, presumably at SOME point he has at least got to debate the President on Live TV ? I have to say, based on some of the video's of his performance in the recent past (e.g. within the last year or so), I'm not sure he's going to put up a very convincing performance ? 

• Haha 1

Exactly.

That's because Trump is a pillock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Exactly.

That's because Trump is a pillock.

HAH... well.... that's as may be @Setton. But at the moment, he gives the impression of being an unopposed pillock. 

Biden may be doing well in the opinion polls at the moment. But if he keeps up his monastic vow of silence, and if Trump is the ONLY voice people are hearing, then that seems likely to change ? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, if Biden doesn't get out there, then I'm not sure how he can hope to win ? 

I mean, presumably at SOME point he has at least got to debate the President on Live TV ? I have to say, based on some of the video's of his performance in the recent past (e.g. within the last year or so), I'm not sure he's going to put up a very convincing performance ? 

As things stand today I`m going to predict a landslide Trump win - 55% to 45%.

I predict the loyal left will vote Biden, loyal right will vote Trump, and those with no political affiliation which have been watching the behaviour of the media and democrats will mostly be repulsed by them. At the very minimum the democrats have shown they don`t respect democracy so people will not trust them and a lot will take offence to how they have behaved.

Looking in from the outside as a neutral observer Biden also lacks charisma, seems dull, and comes across as a little slow like he is half asleep or drugged or something.

But there might be dark Ghislaine Maxwell clouds on the horizon which might very well destroy the democrat party. If she isn`t suicided before she blabs. Both Hillary and Bill Clinton went to the paedo island several times, the Obamas too, and we all know Biden comes across as creepy when around children.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/biden-pulls-together-hundreds-of-lawyers-as-a-bulwark-against-election-trickery-idUSKBN24305H

“We put together 600 lawyers and a group of people throughout the country who are going into every single state to try to figure out whether chicanery is likely to take place,” Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, said on a video conference with donors to his campaign.

“We have over 10,000 people signed up to volunteer. We’re in the process of getting into the states in question to train them to be in a polling place,” he said, in a time when the coronavirus pandemic requires extra precautions.

Translation: These lawyers will be used to validate fraudulent mail in ballots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's not normal for presidents or even presidential nominees to hold these "rally" type of events. That's why you don't see Biden doing it. Add that to the fact that Biden's base is in made up of people who are mostly in favor of adhering to social distancing guidelines and you can see why he's not out there parading around in front of crowds(not that he could fill a 19,000 seat arena either, but that's mainly because trump fans a whole different breed of supporter)

• Like 3

Rallys are cheerleading events.  They don't change voter's minds.  Biden has been out to small events and walking around.  He has a media presence.  I think the schedule is for at least 2 debates.

If you had an anonymous somebody read Trump's  and Biden's speeches without attribution, and included all the pauses and mispronunciations and rambling dead ends, you would not think Trump is the clear winner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I cannot stand Trump. He lies too much and is way too arrogant for me.

His initiation fees for his golf clubs can cost up to $450,000 plus monthly fees. And Mar-a-lago initiation fees are $200,000 with monthly fees of $14,000. So when he travels to Mar-a-lago, and visits his golf club, he is assured he isn't around losers like you and I. He is with the Rich and powerful, that is all that matters to him.

If you look at his pardons and commutations most are high profile people, while the common Joe is left to struggle in prison, some for merely possessing Marijuana which has been legalized in many States. This is why I hope Jeff Sessions does not win the Senate seat here in Alabama. It will target blacks, and off to prison they go. 

Trump doesn't represent me, nor does Biden.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5