Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

41 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Rallys are cheerleading events.  They don't change voter's minds.  Biden has been out to small events and walking around.  He has a media presence.  I think the schedule is for at least 2 debates.

If you had an anonymous somebody read Trump's  and Biden's speeches without attribution, and included all the pauses and mispronunciations and rambling dead ends, you would not think Trump is the clear winner.

20200711_133232.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

(who guards the custard). 

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

It's not normal for presidents or even presidential nominees to hold these "rally" type of events.....

Truly ? You astound me ! I had assumed that the months before Election day where non-stop rallies ? 

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Rallys are cheerleading events.  They don't change voter's minds.  Biden has been out to small events and walking around.  He has a media presence.  I think the schedule is for at least 2 debates.

If you had an anonymous somebody read Trump's  and Biden's speeches without attribution, and included all the pauses and mispronunciations and rambling dead ends, you would not think Trump is the clear winner.

Hmm... perhaps... I dunno about that. I mean.. obviously only Trump (or Biden) fans will go to a Trump (or Biden) rally. But in this day and age, people who are undecided are also watching, albeit a few days later, on the internet. 

As for reading the speeches... again, I doubt that Biden would come out very well ? Notwithstanding, that is to discount the charisma and energy of the speakers ? 

41 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I cannot stand Trump. He lies too much and is way too arrogant for me.

His initiation fees for his golf clubs can cost up to $450,000 plus monthly fees. And Mar-a-lago initiation fees are $200,000 with monthly fees of $14,000. So when he travels to Mar-a-lago, and visits his golf club, he is assured he isn't around losers like you and I. He is with the Rich and powerful, that is all that matters to him.

If you look at his pardons and commutations most are high profile people, while the common Joe is left to struggle in prison, some for merely possessing Marijuana which has been legalized in many States. This is why I hope Jeff Sessions does not win the Senate seat here in Alabama. It will target blacks, and off to prison they go. 

Trump doesn't represent me, nor does Biden.

Hmm.. most of the high-profile pardons have been for high-profile people who where - certainly in Trumps opinion - unfairly sentenced to long sentences for political reasons purely because they supported Pesident Trump , and accordingly he feels an obligation to them. And also to annoy the Democrats beyond all measure. I mean... it's got to be worth it just for that reason ? Heck, I'd pardon Ted Bundy if it gave Nancy Pelosi that "sucking a lemon" expression ! :P 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. most of the high-profile pardons have been for high-profile people who where - certainly in Trumps opinion - unfairly sentenced to long sentences for political reasons purely because they supported Pesident Trump , and accordingly he feels an obligation to them. And also to annoy the Democrats beyond all measure. I mean... it's got to be worth it just for that reason ? Heck, I'd pardon Ted Bundy if it gave Nancy Pelosi that "sucking a lemon" expression ! :P 

The reason liberals don't respect trump supporters is because, for some reason, you think p***ing off trans people and mexicans is funny enough to be worth destroying democratic norms and putting an authoritarian in office. My guess is for a lot of you people it doesn't feel real because nobody you care about gets screwed by this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Central Park five... 

~

• Like 1

Having read several of these debates then I can say that there are some rather peculiar and delusional arguments against Trump around here.

People who have a rather distorted view of the democrats where everything is seen as wholly positive, and a rather distorted view of the Trump where everything is seen as wholly negative. When a voter cannot engage in honest criticism and assessment of the leaders on offer then they cannot make a good voting decision. As Churchill one said - a two minute chat with the average voter is all it takes to see why democracy is not a good idea.

The worst being the `Trump lies so much` and `everything Trump has done is bad` narratives. Its peculiar, its odd, its like some form of mental instability. Like Trump hits on some deep underlying neurosis provoking crazy responses. Ones based not on facts or evidence, but pure hysteria.

To me its often like the borderlines and histrionics have gained the key to the lunatic asylum lol.

12 hours ago, acidhead said:

20200711_133232.jpg

I really hope Biden's handlers take the risk of having him debate.  I'm still not sure they'll have the courage- or desperation - to risk having him on the same stage with the BOM ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oops...this is NOT a good look for the never-Trump RINO faction:

Never-Trump Project Lincoln Co-Founder Paid By Russian Government

It seems like Trump's enemies over at Project Lincoln have some more explaining to do.

After co-founder Rick Wilson's ham-handed attempt to smear Trump supporters with a Confederate flag insult - only to have his family's own 'confederate cooler' exposed, filmmaker Mike Cernovich notes that Wilson's Project Lincoln co-founder, John Weaver, was paid by the Russian government as a consultant to JSC Techsnabexport (TENEX), which owned by Putin-founded, government owned Rosatom - of 'Uranium One' fame.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/never-trump-project-lincoln-co-founder-paid-russian-government

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/never-trump-project-lincoln-co-founder-paid-russian-government

ROFL... good find :D 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I cannot stand Trump. He lies too much and is way too arrogant for me.

His initiation fees for his golf clubs can cost up to $450,000 plus monthly fees. And Mar-a-lago initiation fees are $200,000 with monthly fees of $14,000. So when he travels to Mar-a-lago, and visits his golf club, he is assured he isn't around losers like you and I. He is with the Rich and powerful, that is all that matters to him.

If you look at his pardons and commutations most are high profile people, while the common Joe is left to struggle in prison, some for merely possessing Marijuana which has been legalized in many States. This is why I hope Jeff Sessions does not win the Senate seat here in Alabama. It will target blacks, and off to prison they go. 

wouldn't you do the same if you were rich and powerful?  we all do it at any level of wealth,  i'm sure you would not like the idea of homeless and drug addicts to chill on your property\home, or your kids hang out with them,  or some crowd of people who you believe makes wrong choices in life, ....... the way i see it, when people hate rich for distancing themselves,  it is not distancing that they are mad at, cuz we all do it,  it is the fact they are those who rich do not want to associate with.  it is the fact that someone thinks you are not good  enough for them, is what drives people mad.

they are not doing it based on your race or color, or your sexual preference, they separate people based on how much they achieved in life. which is perfectly fair, imo, 

have you noticed when a group of people hang out together they are almost always same interest, and same income level?  you wont see doctors hang out with gas station attendants, or even plumbers,  and groups that like fitness and biking do not have any overweight, inactive people in it?  how is it different?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

GOP adviser rejects deal to lobby against Russia sanctions

WASHINGTON (AP) — A GOP political consultant and one of President Donald Trump’s harshest Republican critics has backed out of a six-figure agreement to lobby against potential U.S. sanctions on Russia’s nuclear energy industry.

https://apnews.com/f789b4a43d4b4fc6b5c845aa3ee4fb9b

Not that we expected the whole truth from the likes of Zero Hedge.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/

• Thanks 4

On 7/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

Is President Trump going to win by default ?

12000?  more like 6000 was reported over here. 

Joe Biden is not going to endanger his life for a rally.  He is old and feeble and there is a virus running rampant across the world.  And the rally's will be Trump's downfall if anyone is able to keep statistics on the percentage of attendees get the virus.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not that we expected the whole truth from the likes of Zero Hedge.

I know it's asking a lot, but perhaps you should actually read the article.  Weaver was involved in myriad dealings with Russia:

Weaver, the mastermind behind John McCain's failed 2000 and 2008 presidential campaigns, John Kasich's failed 2016 presidential campaign, and the founder and principal of 'The Network Companies, LLC', acknowledged the work in a Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) filing on May 10, 2019.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

Is President Trump going to win by default ?

Biden doesn't need rallies.  He can just stay home and let Trump skewer himself.

Doug

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I know it's asking a lot, but perhaps you should actually read the article.  Weaver was involved in myriad dealings with Russia:

I did read the article. It doesn't mention 'myriad dealings' with Russia, just the one contract with TENEX. What it also fails to mention is that Weaver pulled out of the contract and ultimately ended up not doing any work for TENEX whatsoever. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:
I did read the article. It doesn't mention 'myriad dealings' with Russia, just the one contract with TENEX. What it also fails to mention is that Weaver pulled out of the contract and ultimately ended up not doing any work for TENEX whatsoever. 

That's what I took from it.

Nevertheless, here is ZH's update on the story:

Update (1217ET): According to Politico, Weaver backed out of his contract with the Russian government after it was exposed in May.

In short; Weaver intended to take money from Russia after spending four years disparaging President Trump as a Russian stooge, only to back out of his own deal with a Kremlin-owned entity after he was called out on it.

Weaver had planned to lobby Congress and the Trump administration on "sanctions or other restrictions in the area of atomic (nuclear) energy, trade or cooperation involving in any way the Russian Federation," according to a disclosure filing reported by Politico.

So Weaver backed out of his TENEX contract with Russia only once it was revealed.

Maybe you can explain to us how that behavior makes Weaver look any less suspicious.  Or any less like a Russian asset.

?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

The reason liberals don't respect trump supporters is because, for some reason, you think p***ing off trans people and mexicans is funny enough to be worth destroying democratic norms and putting an authoritarian in office. My guess is for a lot of you people it doesn't feel real because nobody you care about gets screwed by this. 

Some people within certain groups will be p***ed off if you do anything but be a cheerleader for them. Do you have specific statements about trans or Mexican people that you have an issue with? If so, I'll address them as I would with one of Mexican friends. No trans friends, but quite a few LGB if that will suffice. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

So Weaver backed out of his TENEX contract with Russia only once it was revealed.

Maybe you can explain to us how that behavior makes Weaver look any less suspicious.  Or any less like a Russian asset.

I can't speak to Weaver's reasons for backing out as only he knows why. As for the deal being exposed, he most likely knew that the Justice Departmen would post a foreign agent registration statement on their website, so there is no way it would have managed to remain a secret. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Huh, more evidence that the Russian government is influencing elections particularly in the Republican Party.

The good news is (even though Trump publicly says it was a hoax and never happened) his administration has been taking action against the Russian hackers influencing our elections: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-confirms-us-cyberattack-russia-troll-farm-ira-2020-7

It took three years, but it's good to see reality start to sink into you guys heads that it happened and is continuing to happen. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I can't speak to Weaver's reasons for backing out as only he knows why. As for the deal being exposed, he most likely knew that the Justice Departmen would post a foreign agent registration statement on their website, so there is no way it would have managed to remain a secret. 

Can you then perhaps speak to why this person, this RINO Trump-hater who is working feverishly on behalf of the Democrat party, would be engaged in a deal for the benefit of the Russian government in the first place?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Huh, more evidence that the Russian government is influencing elections particularly in the Republican Party.

Indeed.  At least that's the case for the side of the Republican party that is working for the Democrats.

Those guys have no shame.  For now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Can you then perhaps speak to why this person, this RINO Trump-hater who is working feverishly on behalf of the Democrat party, would be engaged in a deal for the benefit of the Russian government in the first place?

As to why he registered as a foreign agent on behalf of the Russian government, my guess is that's it for the same reason other lobbyists sign up to do similar work: it pays well. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

As to why he registered as a foreign agent on behalf of the Russian government, my guess is that's it for the same reason other lobbyists sign up to do similar work: it pays well. 

Well, you could ask Flynn why it is important to register as a foreign agent- and the penalties for not doing so.......

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, you could ask Flynn why it is important to register as a foreign agent- and the penalties for not doing so.......

Indeed. We could also ask Manafort while we're at it. His firm earned more than $17 million working as a foreign agent of a pro-Russian Ukrainian political party.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I suppose I could, but why would I?

The (false) charges against Flynn had nothing to do with failing to "register as a foreign agent"...did they?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

I suppose I could, but why would I?

The (false) charges against Flynn had nothing to do with failing to "register as a foreign agent"...did they?

I was referring to when he got fired.........  

• Like 1