Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

I know what's going to happen. the democrats states denied Trump`s  rallies and there going to no personal debate between  Trump vs Biden , where because of the covid  19 where Trump can bring Biden down on all the issues.

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

There are over 100,000 businesses now defunct??  Where is that going to end?  If we didn't have a strong, robust, and healthy economy, we would be in a world of hurt about now.  When you narrow the revenue base, you can't begin to raise enough in taxes.

You have a lot of individuals who are in a world of hurt right now. 

And those of us who have done OK through this need the rest of you to get it together so that we can open our borders to travel again.

Where are you going to find the money to get your economy up and running again, pay for stimulus packages?

Or will it all become a monopoly owned by only the very wealthy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

And those of us who have done OK through this need the rest of you to get it together so that we can open our borders to travel again.

Where are you going to find the money to get your economy up and running again, pay for stimulus packages?

kismet  the Antifa  communists are trying to bring down our governments and can do it in all the European governments;:(   

• Haha 1

What I trying to say, the Antifa`s  groups are in the BLM  movements all over America,  pushing  the BLM`s groups into violence. The two great leaders of the black Americans were Martin Luther King , John Lewis who just died never taught kids for violence. And were against violence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-woman-dumps-paint-on-more-black-lives-matter-murals-in-nyc-we-want-our-police/ar-BB16VGgM

she was of Jesus matters and she said the violence was from the communists, of which the demos medias did not report  it,  but FOX news reported it.

wish this all can be on one thread :)

Edited by docyabut2

15 hours ago, and then said:

That was absolutely disproven by lack of evidence after an exhaustive investigation.

It was not absolutely disproven, andthen, I think it was deemed insufficient evidence to link it to President Trump, some of his team did get charged.  Certainly it was not enough to charge a sitting President.  Not the same as none.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

There are over 100,000 businesses now defunct??  Where is that going to end?  If we didn't have a strong, robust, and healthy economy, we would be in a world of hurt about now.  When you narrow the revenue base, you can't begin to raise enough in taxes.

I guess we should ask you that.  Is it part of the President's far reaching master plan to eliminate all small businesses and independent sources of income?

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A noble and worthwhile goal. How do we get there?  Maybe we could start by agreeing on a source of facts that is not watered down with opinion.  Scrutiny is hard for both sides when we continue to use our own dedicated sources. How do we find a single standard of facts, like the answer to a math problem that we can all arrive at separately and agree on?

And of course, frankly from over here there is no evidence that the right has any interest.  You also control the ability to address the issues properly.  Neither of us trusts the other side, for a number of historical reasons.  So how do we turn our backs on each other and focus on our internal problems without thinking we will be stabbed or robbed when our back is turned?

It does not seem we have a common vision of what is good in America and what can make it better. 

Do we start by agreeing  on some basic principles like the Constitution and Bill of Rights and go from there?  Are we going to fight about interpretation of what equal justice for all means for example?

This is the same problem the founding fathers solved to unite 13 disparate colonies into a nation.

This is the same basic problem  those in power failed to solve in 1860.

Trust is an issue that must be dealt with first.

How can I stab you in the back if you blast a lefty here about decades of inner city poverty or black on black murders in cities that have decades of mayors who say they care about the poor and black lives then do nothing to prove it?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I just feel for all you Americans having these two to choose from

well hope the communism does not take over your country

Edited by docyabut2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

How do we find a single standard of facts, like the answer to a math problem that we can all arrive at separately and agree on?

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racist—Will California Be Far Behind?

California’s latest K–12 test scores were released earlier this month. Despite spending 26 percent more per pupil after inflation since 2011, test scores remain low, and improvement is proceeding at a glacial pace. Just 40 percent of California schoolchildren are proficient at math. What should be done? Seattle’s idea is to teach their students that US math education is racist, is used to oppress people of color and the disadvantaged, and has been used to exploit natural resources.

According to Seattle educators, math instruction in the United States is an example of “Western Math,” which apparently is the appropriation of mathematical knowledge by Western cultures. While everyone agrees that two plus two is four, three times three is nine, and that there are three hundred and sixty degrees in a circle, Western Math critics worry about more nuanced issues, such as why we teach kids Western counting and not, for example, how the Aborigines count.

https://www.hoover.org/research/seattle-schools-propose-teach-math-education-racist-will-california-be-far-behindseattle

:D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

How can I stab you in the back if you blast a lefty here about decades of inner city poverty or black on black murders in cities that have decades of mayors who say they care about the poor and black lives then do nothing to prove it?

Jerry this is like that game of trust.  Maybe we have to start small.  

But enough of that, I personally don't think  I would get stabbed in the back, but I do believe a lot of people on both sides believe that.   It is the same with the right.  If the left says  MSNBC and  CNN exonerate Obama and all of his administration, would you feel slightly stabbed?  By saying "we have scoured everybody on our side and find them all blameless, it is just you guys that are corrupt."

In fact I would almost rather @OverSword and @Desertrat56 have their candidates referee both sides.

Back to my first point, can we agree on a common source of facts and information that both sides trust? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racist—Will California Be Far Behind?

California’s latest K–12 test scores were released earlier this month. Despite spending 26 percent more per pupil after inflation since 2011, test scores remain low, and improvement is proceeding at a glacial pace. Just 40 percent of California schoolchildren are proficient at math. What should be done? Seattle’s idea is to teach their students that US math education is racist, is used to oppress people of color and the disadvantaged, and has been used to exploit natural resources.

According to Seattle educators, math instruction in the United States is an example of “Western Math,” which apparently is the appropriation of mathematical knowledge by Western cultures. While everyone agrees that two plus two is four, three times three is nine, and that there are three hundred and sixty degrees in a circle, Western Math critics worry about more nuanced issues, such as why we teach kids Western counting and not, for example, how the Aborigines count.

https://www.hoover.org/research/seattle-schools-propose-teach-math-education-racist-will-california-be-far-behindseattle

I guess that kinda proves my point about information sources.  And that whole argument sounds kinda silly. I would not just call it western math though, China and Japan and India and the Middle East use it too.  If fact we borrowed zero from th earabs, and Piney might tell you the Mayas had it too.

So the point of that article  is some idiot said that about Western Math.  Likely other academics told him he or she was full of it.  Yet then somebody wants to write an article about it to stir people up. The whole thing gets exaggerated  and made a political issue.

I am sure not going to support that or try to defend something so silly.  

I am going to stick with math as an example of a fact because I used it old school to build airplane parts.  It was something me and fellow engineers and customers could all look at and agree.   I want facts that everybody can agree on.  After that we may have different opinions about how to spend money or whether we should have a draft or not, but at least we would be working with the same facts not distortions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am going to stick with math as an example of a fact because I used it old school to build airplane parts.  It was something me and fellow engineers and customers could all look at and agree.   I want facts that everybody can agree on.  After that we may have different opinions about how to spend money or whether we should have a draft or not, but at least we would be working with the same facts not distortions.

Same with our little welding shop. I just like to lighten the mood occasionally and ran across that a few days ago. It seems you can always find something on the internet to verify a preconception.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Same with our little welding shop. I just like to lighten the mood occasionally and ran across that a few days ago. It seems you can always find something on the internet to verify a preconception.

For sure. I saw the article too and was not sure if it was a joke or not.  Life seems to be getting so crazy. I hope things are good in your shop. Stay safe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

For sure. I saw the article too and was not sure if it was a joke or not.  Life seems to be getting so crazy. I hope things are good in your shop. Stay safe.

Thank you, it is. With businesses being shut down it has been a good time for them to do repairs and/or remodel. Especially in restaurants it's been very convenient. Work that would normally have to be done on third shift can now be done during a regular 9 to 5.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Jerry this is like that game of trust.  Maybe we have to start small.  

But enough of that, I personally don't think  I would get stabbed in the back, but I do believe a lot of people on both sides believe that.   It is the same with the right.  If the left says  MSNBC and  CNN exonerate Obama and all of his administration, would you feel slightly stabbed?  By saying "we have scoured everybody on our side and find them all blameless, it is just you guys that are corrupt."

In fact I would almost rather @OverSword and @Desertrat56 have their candidates referee both sides.

Back to my first point, can we agree on a common source of facts and information that both sides trust? 

I though Russert was pretty fair. My personal go-to is Andrew McCarthy. But, I prefer to do my own work, start with Twitter and WSJ, then find an alternate view on a subject and scrutinize what I think is the truth using liberal input as litmus test. 

Can tell you this, Snopes and FactCheck are jokes, as are CNN, MSNBC and Fox. Anyone who even mentions them are dismissed immediately. I have no issue with use of CNN or Fox as a conversation starter, but both are clearly biased, so it is usually the topic, not the opinion of the article, that I find interesting. Anything editorial is pointless, just a higher paid opinion giver, which is why I ask questions here. Just can't get real answers, folks avoid exposing their truth, so they dodge or talk around the question. 

hey all the businesses were shut down for the covid  19,  but Trump is trying to pick up our economy again that he made it so great again.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

I though Russert was pretty fair. My personal go-to is Andrew McCarthy. But, I prefer to do my own work, start with Twitter and WSJ, then find an alternate view on a subject and scrutinize what I think is the truth using liberal input as litmus test. 

Can tell you this, Snopes and FactCheck are jokes, as are CNN, MSNBC and Fox. Anyone who even mentions them are dismissed immediately. I have no issue with use of CNN or Fox as a conversation starter, but both are clearly biased, so it is usually the topic, not the opinion of the article, that I find interesting. Anything editorial is pointless, just a higher paid opinion giver, which is why I ask questions here. Just can't get real answers, folks avoid exposing their truth, so they dodge or talk around the question. 

hey  all get on fox news that makes all the reports that the others channels that don't even report.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

hey  all get on fox news that makes all the reports that the others channels that don't even report.

For sure they serve a purpose, combining with most talk radio as the antithesis to most televised news, newspapera, magazines and social media. Just don't serve my purposes.

7 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

For sure they serve a purpose, combining with most talk radio as the antithesis to most televised news, newspapera, magazines and social media. Just don't serve my purposes.

fox news is for all about  true reports, not the others channels because they are demos that are against trump . and make all the reports our hoaxes

Edited by docyabut2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It was not absolutely disproven, andthen, I think it was deemed insufficient evidence to link it to President Trump, some of his team did get charged.  Certainly it was not enough to charge a sitting President.  Not the same as none.

No one was charge for collusion; no one was prosecuted for anything related to the primary investigation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Is it part of the President's far reaching master plan to eliminate all small businesses and independent sources of income?

The question is utter nonsense.  That may be Biden's plan.  It was Obama's.

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

Well DUH!  And the way the Left has been manipulating this crisis, their cure will be more deadly than the disease.

I could care less about that.  In fact, I rather enjoy it.  I don’t see why lifting a travel ban now is necessary since the next pandemic is just around the corner.

I don’t like stimulus packages.  It wastes away the wealth of a nation.  That hurts more people in the long run.  Although, there are times when that is needed.  I think the first one was acceptable considering the circumstances.  But the best way to find the money is to open up the nation for business.  The human species was built to take risks.  Man has the ability to turn risk into success.  He does not do well hiding behind a face mask.

If we don’t open up soon, only the extreme wealthy will have anything.  And that only means that it’s a matter of time before they lose their wealth.

• Like 1