Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden


RoofGardener

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

You do that.  Next time, before you make claims and believe political advertising, CHECK and have the supporting references ready.  This sort of stuff is an indication that you are either very gullible or a misinformant - is that how you wish to be known here? 

chrlzs I`m old and remember those reports:) those reports never last

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you mean this, from here?  Note that the subject was police funds being used to purchase surplus military equipment...

Quote

...in a Now This interview with activist Ady Barkan, the presumptive Democratic nominee said that police forces don’t need surplus military equipment, saying this is what leads them to “become the enemy” in a community.
“But do we agree that we can redirect some of the [police] funding?” Barkan asked Biden.
“Yes, absolutely,” said the former vice president.  Biden went on to call for police reforms.  "One of the things that we also need to be doing is fundamentally changing way we deal with our prison system," he said. "It should be a rehabilitation system, not a punishment system. We’re going to make sure you're qualified for every single right you had before you went to prison if you served your time."

...

So, even Foxnews had to twist his words - read the bolded bit carefully for the context in which he talked about redirecting some internal funds - they were discussing funds that were to be used to buy surplus military equipment, and how the funds were used (/abused?) internally..  Biden has clarified this many times since - he does NOT support 'defunding' of the police.

Best to listen what people actually say and consider the full context, rather than look for stuff that supports your worldview but only IF you remove that context.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
 

That was a quick flip-flop, even by Joe Biden’s standard. Less than a month ago the democratic party nominee said he doesn’t support the leftist “Defund the Police.” nonsense. Now that he’s become a Bernie Sanders-style communist revolutionary, he does support defunding the police and even referred to law enforcement officers as “the enemy.” I think he may have forgotten that he’s in the general election not the democratic primaries and needs to appeal to everyone in America rather than the leftist kooks of his party.

https://defconnews.com/2020/07/08/joe-biden-now-supports-defunding-the-police-who-he-says-are-the-enemy/

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FROM YOUR LINK, docya:

Quote

{quoting Biden in an interview} Surplus military equipment for law enforcement? They don’t need that. The last thing you need is an up-armored Humvee coming into a neighborhood that’s like the military invading. They don’t know anybody. They become the enemy. They’re supposed to be {pro}tecting these people

THAT was the context in which he was talking about making sure funds were appropriately used, NOT defunding.

And as for the 'quality' of your sources....sheesh.  It's no wonder you have a skewed view....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

Is President Trump going to win by default ?

Yes! Most certainly, if Biden is the best we can do it's well worth keeping Trump ; )

I honestly think at this point he regrets running, unless of course it was rigged this way from the beginning ; ) & I'm all good with that too if it were.

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes! Most certainly, if Biden is the best we can do it's well worth keeping Trump ; )

I honestly think at this point he regrets running, unless of course it was rigged this way from the beginning ; ) & I'm all good with that too if it were.

What is going to push people one way or the other is the pandemic and the economy.  Rallys are for true believers and that is great, bu it may not pull in undecideds. People are going to look around and start worrying about getting sick, about not paying their bills, about their kids in school, about future prospects.   If they believe Trump has done a good job, they will stick with him, otherwise they will switch.

Edited by Tatetopa
spelling error
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Trump puts it clearly...

 


It's cruel to let / make Biden go on, IMO, and close to being Elder Abuse....

but perhaps that's why the ruthless crazy Democrats and their backers want him...
because they can completely control him.....

how the hell would he stumble his way through major speeches at home and abroad, for heaven's sake...

they can't keep him hidden and pass everything on to his VP...

even if the sneaky plan is to retire him on health issues pretty quickly.. 

 

 

Edited by bee
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes! Most certainly, if Biden is the best we can do it's well worth keeping Trump ; )

I honestly think at this point he regrets running, unless of course it was rigged this way from the beginning ; ) & I'm all good with that too if it were.

Rallys don't mean anything, and the 12,000 is double what the actual number of attendees was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bee said:

he's worried about election fraud - 

As the article says there is no evidence that mail in voting will lead to fraud. 

If he wasn't trailing in all the polls and in swing states he wouldn't give a damn about mail in voting.

Truth his he thinks if the election is held in November - no matter the mechanism that he will lose. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bee said:

 

he's worried about election fraud - 

 

"Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good)"  LMAO  :lol:  How does he think absentee voting works???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bee said:

he's worried about election fraud - 

Well we could open more polling stations and spread people out or even make voting into a 3 day affair or even a week with no ballots opened until the last day.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

As the article says there is no evidence that mail in voting will lead to fraud. 

If he wasn't trailing in all the polls and in swing states he wouldn't give a damn about mail in voting.

Truth his he thinks if the election is held in November - no matter the mechanism that he will lose. 

 

well we've seen in the UK how postal voting can lead to fraud and his detractors are so insane about him winning again I would expect them to literally stop at nothing to try and keep him from a second term... including massive election fraud... 

something I wonder.... we know that a president can only serve two terms... so if Trump did loose (fairly or unfairly) could he come back again in 2024 and have another shot at it... ..?.....

I personally can't image why anyone would vote for Biden and the Democrat Party in it's present form...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Well we could open more polling stations and spread people out or even make voting into a 3 day affair or even a week with no ballots opened until the last day.  

 

I suppose that could work.... keeping election results as honest as possible is the bedrock of democracy..

Or it's just mob rule by corrupt criminal elements... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

"Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good)"  LMAO  :lol:  How does he think absentee voting works???

 

there must be a difference of some sort or he wouldn't be going on about it...???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bee said:

 

well we've seen in the UK how postal voting can lead to fraud and his detractors are so insane about him winning again I would expect them to literally stop at nothing to try and keep him from a second term... including massive election fraud... 

something I wonder.... we know that a president can only serve two terms... so if Trump did loose (fairly or unfairly) could he come back again in 2024 and have another shot at it... ..?.....

I personally can't image why anyone would vote for Biden and the Democrat Party in it's present form...

 

 

Bee he can't stop the election - he knows that - he has a high probability of losing that election - hence he is trying to claim any victory other than his is fraud. 

But all you have to do is look at all the polls even those backed by Fox and carried out by his favoured Ramassuen he is behind and has been for months. 

If he loses - it will be well in line with expectations - unless he can turn his unpopularity around - which I am beginning to doubt. 

In fact as it stands if trump was to win it would look fraudulent rather than the other way round. 

Edited by RAyMO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bee said:

 

there must be a difference of some sort or he wouldn't be going on about it...???

 

No, not in the U.S.  Mail in voting is absentee voting.  The only other way you can do absentee voting is to go to the county clerk's office weeks before the election and fill out an absentee ballot in person, but it is the same ballot that is mailed out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bee said:

so if Trump did loose (fairly or unfairly) could he come back again in 2024 and have another shot at it... ..?.....

I believe he could,  Grover Cleveland did it.  Keep in mind he would be 78 in 2024 and might not want the hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

Bee he can't stop the election - he knows that - he has a high probability of losing that election - hence he is trying to claim any victory other than his is fraud. 

But all you have to do is look at all the polls even those backed by Fox and carried out by his favoured Ramassuen he is behind and has been for months. 

If he loses - it will be well in line with expectations - unless he can turn his unpopularity around - which I am beginning to doubt. 


well Hillary was something like 90% expected to win in 2016... polls are used to create perception - and I doubt that he is as 'unpopular' as the polls and all the propaganda MSM are saying (repeatedly?)...

they are building up the anti-Trump campaign to it's crescendo as the election draws near...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I believe he could,  Grover Cleveland did it.  Keep in mind he would be 78 in 2024 and might not want the hassle.

 

and who could blame him...

:hmm:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bee said:


well Hillary was something like 90% expected to win in 2016... polls are used to create perception - and I doubt that he is as 'unpopular' as the polls and all the propaganda MSM are saying (repeatedly?)...

they are building up the anti-Trump campaign to it's crescendo as the election draws near...

 

You would have a better view from here where you could talk to actual people who will be voting in the election.  I only know a few who are trump supporters and they are not thinkers.   It seems the majority of the trump supporters on this forum don't even live in the U.S.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, not in the U.S.  Mail in voting is absentee voting.  The only other way you can do absentee voting is to go to the county clerk's office weeks before the election and fill out an absentee ballot in person, but it is the same ballot that is mailed out.

 

I think someone from the US who knows more about it than me could address your reply...

and why Trump is making a distinction between the two...?

 

Edited by bee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bee said:


well Hillary was something like 90% expected to win in 2016... polls are used to create perception - and I doubt that he is as 'unpopular' as the polls and all the propaganda MSM are saying (repeatedly?)...

they are building up the anti-Trump campaign to it's crescendo as the election draws near...

 

polling methods were adapted to correct imbalances since then - they are by methodology more rep than ever - but Bidden's lead is bigger than Hilary ever had. 

The 90% is a distraction figure in itself meaningless - polls give a predicted outcome e.g. 52 -48 +/- 2 or 3. By the time of the election trump was within the 2-3 margin error. 

Furthermore the swing states which clinched it for Trump have turned blue - with much bigger figures for Biden than Hilary ever got in those states. 

Bee trump is in trouble everybody knows it and now we know Trump knows it. 

Edited by RAyMO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.