Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

Just now, bee said:

I think someone from the US who knows more about it then me could address your reply...

and why Trump is making a distinction between the two...?

What the hell are you talking about?  That is what I just told you, you have no clue because you aren't here.   NEW MEXICO IS PART OF THE U.S.!  ENGLAND ISN'T. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

What the hell are you talking about?  That is what I just told you, you have no clue because you aren't here.   NEW MEXICO IS PART OF THE U.S.!  ENGLAND ISN'T. 

calm down...

Trump must be making a distinction between the two for a reason...

4 minutes ago, bee said:

I think someone from the US who knows more about it than me could address your reply...

and why Trump is making a distinction between the two...?

Trump i s making up a distinction that Does Not Exist!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Trump i s making up a distinction that Does Not Exist!!!!

except, like a lot of other things, in his mind. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

calm down...

I will calm down when you limeys quit pretending like you know what is going on in the U.S. and judge us for things that you don't understand.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

polling methods were adapted to correct imbalances since then - they are by methodology more rep than ever - but Bidden's lead is bigger than Hilary ever had. 

The 90% is a distraction figure in itself meaningless - polls give a predicted outcome e.g. 52 -48 +/- 2 or 3. By the time of the election trump was within the 2-3 margin error. 

Furthermore the swing states which clinched it for Trump have turned blue - with much bigger figures for Biden than Hilary ever got in those states. 

Bee trump is in trouble everybody knows it and now we know Trump knows it.

well what ever will be will be...

but I think your last statement (bolded) is more wishful thinking than anything .... regarding 'everybody'...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bee said:

but I think your last statement (bolded) is more wishful thinking than anything .... regarding 'everyone'...

Bee I fully stand by everybody - well at least everybody who is considering the matter logically - including Trump, the Republican party, and his election aides and strategists. If people don't think he is in trouble - then they are not really thinking. 

hmm - darn it, accidentally credited Trump with thinking :mellow:

Edited by RAyMO

8 minutes ago, bee said:

calm down...

He knows he can't postpone the election. He's doing what he loves to do...wind Democrats up. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

Bee I fully stand by everybody - well at least everybody who is considering the matter logically - including Trump, the Republican party, and his election aides and strategists. If people don't think he is in trouble - then they are not really thinking. 

ahhhh the proviso...

maybe not 'everybody' then

:P

9 minutes ago, bee said:

ahhhh the proviso...

maybe not 'everybody' then

:P

yes - not every one Bee :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

hmm - darn it, accidentally credited Trump with thinking :mellow:

oh I do hope you won't get ostracized by your friends and family and banished from your home and neighbourhood... 

with a crust of bread and bottle of water in a knotted hanky tied to the end of a stick as you sadly walk away to find a bridge to sleep under,,,

:innocent:

• Haha 2

anyway I looked up the thing about mail-in ballots and absentee ballots...

at rock bottom the difference is that one (absentee) is for people who can't vote in person for whatever reason and the reason is accepted as legitimate.. ie service men and women abroad..

and the Mail In ballot is sometimes dubbed the 'no excuse' absentee ballot...and that is already in operation in some states but could be extended because of the virus... (which I suppose technically could be called an excuse....? )

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absentee-ballot-vs-mail-in-ballot/

7 hours ago, bee said:

he's worried about election fraud - 

Do what Trump can't and won't (anyone?) - post ANY evidence whatsoever that mail in voting runs a high risk of voter fraud.  It DOESN'T, and is relatively easy to monitor and check.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Do what Trump can't and won't (anyone?) - post ANY evidence whatsoever that mail in voting runs a high risk of voter fraud.  It DOESN'T, and is relatively easy to monitor and check.

good... I hope it is

if anything comes from all this perhaps mail-in voting will be more under the spotlight than before and extra precautions taken to prevent fraud..

and perhaps this was Trump's intent..?

to increase monitoring and checking ... because he knows more than anyone how his detractors will stop at nothing to prevent him winning a second term..

11 hours ago, bee said:

but I think your last statement (bolded) is more wishful thinking than anything .... regarding 'everybody'...

The anti-Trump brigade whipping themselves up into an hysterical frenzy while forgetting they dont speak for US society lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Check the 2015 election, I dont remember which state it was but 120% of the population voted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, RAyMO said:

Trump must really be worried - now wants a delay - doubt very much he will get one. 

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53597975

Why not, they delay school opening in areas and delay resuming some activities and businesses, I'm all for it but it isn't going to change the outcome, which is a good thing.

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Check the 2015 election, I dont remember which state it was but 120% of the population voted.

Not to mention all the mail it votes that are going to these elderly people that are in care facilities, but it gets sent to their homes not the facilities and how many of these people can no longer read or write and do not know up from down anymore, but yet their vote is been filled out and sent in.... hmmm....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bee said:

good... I hope it is

if anything comes from all this perhaps mail-in voting will be more under the spotlight than before and extra precautions taken to prevent fraud..

and perhaps this was Trump's intent..?

to increase monitoring and checking ... because he knows more than anyone how his detractors will stop at nothing to prevent him winning a second term..

The solution then?... there is none, dishonesty out weights the honest now days. And electronics are hacked and paperwork gets lost.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:12 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Rallys don't mean anything, and the 12,000 is double what the actual number of attendees was.

I dont know about any one else here but it worries me, looking at Pelosi and Biden not to mention a few others in there... how have we allowed it to be ok for these declining minds to run our country and some of our states!!!

Shouldn't there be a limit on certain terms, right down to Ruth Bader nothing like making them all work right to death...

Or maybe an overall competency test every so often, like the rest of the elders in the world have to do for their overall health and well being.

And I see and know at what rate my elder family members minds are declining at, but we will turn our heads the other way cuz their not family and hold an authoritative position politically- somethings wrong with this picture! And Trump knows it and needs to fix it!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

The solution then?... there is none, dishonesty out weights the honest now days. And electronics are hacked and paperwork gets lost.

One solution (maybe) would to increase the officials involved with the process of voting - and every voter must have registered beforehand and have proof of that and also take ID in person to the polling station.... and when at the polling station vote on a paper ballot and at the same time an internet version... so a comparison could be made if necessary..

absentee votes could involve an election official actually going to the home of the person and recording the vote in the same way as at the polling station... on a paper ballot and on the internet...

people abroad could have the same process... with electoral officials visiting them etc

That's why LOTS more officials would be needed to do all this...

Oh and there would need to be constant checks to see that the officials doing all this are all above board and doing the job right.. and not themselves fraudsters..

If an honest electoral system is the bedrock of democracy--- then much more attention has to be given to making sure fraud doesn't happen...

I would suggest this for the UK as well....

anyway... that's my suggestion of a solution... 

edit to add.... it would be hard to eliminate fraud completely but every effort should be made to reduce it to it's minimum...

Edited by bee

Just now, bee said:

One solution (maybe) would to increase the officials involved with the process of voting - and every voter must have registered beforehand and have proof of that and also take ID in person to the polling station.... and when at the polling station vote on a paper ballot and at the same time an internet version... so a comparison could be made if necessary..

absentee votes could involve an election official actually going to the home of the person and recording the vote in the same way as at the polling station... on a paper ballot and on the internet...

people abroad could have the same process... with electoral officials visiting them etc

That's why LOTS more officials would be needed to do all this...

Oh and there would need to be constant checks to see that the officials doing all this are all above board and doing the job right.. and not themselves fraudsters..

If an honest electoral system is the bedrock of democracy--- then much more attention has to be given to making sure fraud doesn't happen...

I would suggest this for the UK as well....

anyway... that's my suggestion of a solution... 

Yes, I see but they already do that I have to be registered to vote and then they check my i.d. when I get there. But I dont know whis hands my vote ends up in or if they can be trusted with my vote...

Same with if an official were to arrive for an absentee vote how do we know who's side they're on and if they're actually doing their job honestly... 

I like that thought do it like they do the census but then again when it reaches home base the person processing it could be up to no good...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I dont know about any one else here but it worries me, looking at Pelosi and Biden not to mention a few others in there... how have we allowed it to be ok for these declining minds to run our country and some of our states!!!

Shouldn't there be a limit on certain terms, right down to Ruth Bader nothing like making them all work right to death...

Or maybe an overall competency test every so often, like the rest of the elders in the world have to do for their overall health and well being.

And I see and know at what rate my elder family members minds are declining at, but we will turn our heads the other way cuz their not family and hold an authoritative position politically- somethings wrong with this picture! And Trump knows it and needs to fix it!

I agree with you.  But it has been like this for a long time.  In the 70's during the watergate senate investigation the senator from New Mexico, who was chair of the committee because he had seniority slept through the proceedings and when it was his turn to ask questions he had to be jolted awake and then proceeded to ask the same questions that someone had already asked.  He held that office until he died.   New Mexico voters nowadays tend not to re-elect people for life. But Pelosi's state still does and many others. 

Trump is not going to fix anything.  He is a classic example of broken campaign promises and appealing to the emotionally disturbed for his votes.  In my opinion the one thing he has been good for is to get people actually looking at the sludge that is being stirred up from the bottom of the pot that no one would acknowledge before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That would be 3 times the normal turnout in a presidential election like 2016, much less an off year  local election in 2015  

Edited by Tatetopa
turnout

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Right, wheres the link?  That would have been in the national news and we would remember it.   More made up stuff from someone with foggy binoculars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1