Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

45 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes, I see but they already do that I have to be registered to vote and then they check my i.d. when I get there. But I dont know whis hands my vote ends up in or if they can be trusted with my vote...

Same with if an official were to arrive for an absentee vote how do we know who's side they're on and if they're actually doing their job honestly... 

I like that thought do it like they do the census but then again when it reaches home base the person processing it could be up to no good...

You kind of hit on one of the big. basic problems in our politics today. Whether you vote by mail, by computer, or in person  can you trust the person collecting your votes and doing the tally? 

In a way, it seems that if any foreign power wants to interfere in our elections, they don't need to hack machines or steal ballots.  All they have to do is add to the doubt and distrust we have in our own system

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You kind of hit on one of the big. basic problems in our politics today. Whether you vote by mail, by computer, or in person  can you trust the person collecting your votes and doing the tally? 

In a way, it seems that if any foreign power wants to interfere in our elections, they don't need to hack machines or steal ballots.  All they have to do is add to the doubt and distrust we have in our own system

@Jujo-jo Right, so you have to have some trust in the system, and know that any nefarious actions will be noticed.  I have written software for court wheels, jury wheels and election tracking.  There are redundant systems in place to verify the results.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I'm Ohio the voting centers have to have 4 (at least depending on the location) volunteers, 2 registered Democrats and 2 registered Republicans, I think it's to try and stop fraud.

• Like 3

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I'm Ohio the voting centers have to have 4 (at least depending on the location) volunteers, 2 registered Democrats and 2 registered Republicans, I think it's to try and stop fraud.

So there's no one to represent the independents or libertarians?????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

So there's no one to represent the independents or libertarians?????

Nope, nada.

• Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Nope, nada.

Another place that the democratic/republican party has a strangle hold on our voting system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes, I see but they already do that I have to be registered to vote and then they check my i.d. when I get there. But I dont know whis hands my vote ends up in or if they can be trusted with my vote...

Same with if an official were to arrive for an absentee vote how do we know who's side they're on and if they're actually doing their job honestly... 

I like that thought do it like they do the census but then again when it reaches home base the person processing it could be up to no good...

you're right.... all the precautions are meaningless if control of the tally is vulnerable...

someone or group who wants to corrupt the voting tally just has to control things at the end of the process, somehow.....

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

yeah - and the whole Russian collusion hoax pushed HARD by the Democrats and their backers... and the endless  Mueller Special Counsel ramblings ... given pride of place for months / years by the Mind Control Media - splashed all over the 'news' day after day after day... did just that...  

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

I was just looking for something and saw this article....

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/12/17/how-new-voting-machines-could-hack-our-democracy/

The United States has a disturbing habit of investing in unvetted new touchscreen voting machines that later prove disastrous. As we barrel toward what is set to be the most important election in a generation, Congress appears poised to fund another generation of risky touchscreen voting machines called universal use Ballot Marking Devices (or BMDs), which function as electronic pens, marking your selections on paper on your behalf. Although vendors, election officials, and others often refer to this paper as a “paper ballot,” it differs from a traditional hand-marked paper ballot in that it is marked by a machine, which can be hacked without detection in a manual recount or audit. These pricey and unnecessary systems are sold by opaquely financed vendors who use donations and other gifts to entice election officials to buy them.

Most leading election security experts instead recommend hand-marked paper ballots as a primary voting system, with an exception for voters with disabilities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Another place that the democratic/republican party has a strangle hold on our voting system.

yes - it would make more sense if Independents and non partisan volunteers were the ones to oversee the process...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Right now, Trump is reaping what he sowed in alienating world leaders and his petulant, ham-handed exclusion of the MSM, post election. He can't avail himself of the means of deflecting concern from domestic policy by glorified junkets around the world, reaffirming old friendships while mouthing altruistic sweet nothings, with the press core enjoying the trip while giving him free coverage. Trump isn't much of a politician as his actions on both foreign and domestic fronts are hardly politic. Covid strictures have negated his advantage at gathering huge numbers of supporters in massive venues. He has become a one dimensional figure, left twisting in the wind. Covid 19 has become his Ross Perot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

yeah - and the whole Russian collusion hoax pushed HARD by the Democrats and their backers... and the endless  Mueller Special Counsel ramblings ... given pride of place for months / years by the Mind Control Media - splashed all over the 'news' day after day after day... did just that...  

bee. we were talking about elections.  People disliking their representatives or their president does not mean elections were rigged. There have been no Democratic complaints about the election being fraudulent.  

But if you want to talk about Russian interference  you know that recently the Republican Senate Committee has also agreed with evidence that the Russians interfered in 2016 elections. 

Up until now, it has not been about President Trump, this started before him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Right now, Trump is reaping what he sowed in alienating world leaders and his petulant, ham-handed exclusion of the MSM, post election. He can't avail himself of the means of deflecting concern from domestic policy by glorified junkets around the world, reaffirming old friendships while mouthing altruistic sweet nothings, with the press core enjoying the trip while giving him free coverage. Trump isn't much of a politician as his actions on both foreign and domestic fronts are hardly politic. Covid strictures have negated his advantage at gathering huge numbers of supporters in massive venues. He has become a one dimensional figure, left twisting in the wind. Covid 19 has become his Ross Perot.

remember what the alternative is....

and

:D

:tu:

;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Rallys don't mean anything, and the 12,000 is double what the actual number of attendees was.

Uuuummm   the MSM - including those sections hostile to him - stated 12,000

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bee said:

remember what the alternative is....

and

:D

;)

Just being realistic and honest, Bee. I don't like the alternative, either, but we may have to learn to live with it. Covid 19 has short-circuited Trump's style of campaigning and things ain't lookin' good on the Homefront. He's about to get Churchilled, I'm afraid.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I hadn't thought about Ross for a while.  Thanks.

The man had all the personality of a grumpy, hardware store owner, rummaging about in a white shop apron with his glasses on his head and a pencil behind his ear.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Uuuummm   the MSM - including those sections hostile to him - stated 12,000

The news story I watched from the MSM said 6000.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, RoofGardener said:

It's just occured to me. Donald Trump had a rally in Tulsa a few weeks ago. The audience figures where dissapointing, with scarecely 12,000 showing up to the 19,000 capacity stadium.

But... what has happened to Joe Biden ? He hasn't had a rally for over a year ? And THAT one was to a 600 capacity hall ?

Is President Trump going to win by default ?

What we hope is that the President won't be chosen by "who can fill a hall with enthusiastically screaming crowds"... because that's how we'll end up with Madonna, Vasco Rossi, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, and U2 as President of the United states (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-attended_concerts)

What we need is for the nation to choose based on "which candidate understands science, economics, international policy, security, management, and global issues better."  That's how we'll get a president who can lead effectively.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, bee said:

I was just looking for something and saw this article....

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/12/17/how-new-voting-machines-could-hack-our-democracy/

We election judges remind people to check those marked ballots (by the way they mis-mark hand done ballots, too) and request a new one if it's funky.  Texas has been using this type of ballot in the past several elections.  And there's a system in place to make sure ballots don't get "lost."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just being realistic and honest, Bee. I don't like the alternative, either, but we may have to learn to live with it. Covid 19 has short-circuited Trump's style of campaigning and things ain't lookin' good on the Homefront. He's about to get Churchilled, I'm afraid.

After everything that's gone on in the last 4 years - I don't think his support actually depends on the rallies...?

All the people that would go to the rallies and be enthusiastic.... they aren't going to stay at home or vote for Biden...

You may be right - and I know you are just being honest about it... but we will have to see how it pans out -

A week is a long time in politics and all that...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bee said:

After everything that's gone on in the last 4 years - I don't think his support actually depends on the rallies...?

All the people that would go to the rallies and be enthusiastic.... they aren't going to stay at home or vote for Biden...

You may be right - and I know you are just being honest about it... but we will have to see how it pans out -

A week is a long time in politics and all that...

Winston Churchill's leadership saved the nation, tottering on the precipice, yet that same nation put the old boy out to pasture. Life and politics are seldom fair, Bee. It's not the committed, it's the fence-riders who determine close elections 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/3/revolutionary-communist-party-leader-backs-biden/

For Bob Avakian, founder and leader of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA, this year’s election is actually an easy call: The need to stop President Trump is so overwhelming that he has no qualms about backing Democrat Joseph R. Biden.

the Antifa Communists are trying to take over our cities:(

Edited by docyabut2

On 8/1/2020 at 3:28 AM, Tatetopa said:

But if you want to talk about Russian interference  you know that recently the Republican Senate Committee has also agreed with evidence that the Russians interfered in 2016 elections. 

You mean there was an ATTEMPT to interfere but was a lame $100,000 worth of Facebook ads and some trolling. I wouldn't consider that a success.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skliss said:

You mean there was an ATTEMPT to interfere but was a lame $100,000 worth of Facebook ads and some trolling. I wouldn't consider that a success.

Except that Trump won, so they accomplished what they set out to do.

• Like 1