Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden

RoofGardener

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Harris seems pretty scary to me. As a conservative Christian, tome, looking at her voting record, and her CA DA record, she is very antagonistic to my way of life.

Just saying.

If she isn't the MOST antiChristian politician that ran for president, she's very dang close. If you switch the words "Christian" and "Black", people would be like, "Oh yeah, she's about as racist as they come.". 

I feel the same way about Pence as a anti-religion preson.  I think religion needs to be removed completely from the political equation as it is illegal for it to be intertwined with government and people like Pence are trying to overstep the bounds of that.

And just to remind you, religion is not allowed in our government to protect you as well because your beliefs are not shared by everyone so Harris cannot make rules that deny you access to your religion any more than Pence is allowed legally to give certain religions benefits that no one else gets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Competence.  Where is it?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-spent-1-billion-2020-election-president-politics-finance-2020-9?fbclid=IwAR0Adil16jO3Y7-K8iu2PtOmojC--QHXqixsg0nS-tb-Z7com5XLZZ7zPzw

In the corner office of a nondescript office building in northern Virginia, President Donald Trump's new campaign manager, Bill Stepien, stares at a spreadsheet. What it tells him, in its "Matrix"-like way, is that he is presiding over the worst campaign-finance fiasco in American political history.

Trump launched his reelection effort the same day he was sworn in, January 20, 2017. In the last three-plus years, the campaign has raised and spent nearly $1 billion. One. Billion. Dollars. And now, with six weeks to Election Day, Team Trump finds itself robbing Peter to pay Paul.

On any given day, Trump's committee sends a half-dozen email appeals and runs countless Facebook ads churning dollars through its account. However, the Trump campaign's "cost of funds," the term for how much it takes to raise a dollar, is about 60%. To put it another way, out of every dollar Trump raises, his campaign takes home about $0.40.

When a charity has fund expenses of 60%, you start looking at who is running it and who they are paying.   Themselves?  The swamp?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-14/trump-campaign-slashes-ad-spending-in-key-states-in-cash-crunch

Trump Campaign Slashes Ad Spending in Key States in Cash Crunch

It is time for you guys to send in some more cash.  If President Trump loses, it won't be because of the Democrats, it will be because of his stingy supporters.

You might wonder though if this is the guy you think can do good things to the country's economy

• Thanks 1

This was interesting...

The Washington Post: I tracked electoral votes for Bush. Beware of the 2020 forecasts..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/09/23/bush-gore-electoral-polls/

Basically... No one knows for sure.

First, we’ve had no real general election campaign yet. Most of the season has been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic. Trump has had just a handful of his beloved rallies. Biden has mostly stayed at home. The in-person conventions were canceled, replaced by virtual conventions that recorded a collapse in voter interest (only 28 percent said they watched at least some of the 2020 Republican National Convention, compared with 64 percent four years ago) and that were virtually bounceless, the first time in modern history when neither candidate appeared to get a bump. In this campaign-less campaign, Trump has been the only player on the field, which has been to his detriment. This will change with the debates, which could be the most consequential of our lifetime and should provide a better sense of the race.

Also I read this earlier...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/polls-trump-biden-analysis/index.html

Which also was interesting. 

Take the polls in a state like Florida. It may seem almost impossible that last week we had Monmouth University showing Biden up by 5 points among likely voters (high turnout model) and this week we see a 4-point spread in Trump's favor among likely voters in the ABC News/Washington Post poll.

Of course, each of these polls come with a sampling margin of error. Both polls had reported margins of error of a little less than +/- 5 points. That margin of error, though, applies to each of the candidates, not the margin between them. For the ABC News/Washington Post poll, this means that 95% of the time (i.e. the 95% confidence interval), Trump's true percentage is somewhere between about 46% and 56%.

A quick rule of thumb is you need to double the reported margin of error to understand what the 95% confidence interval is for the spread between the candidates.

Soooooooo..... CNN is saying their polls can be 10% off and they'll take no heat for it. 

The dramatic Trump surge in Florida is a "fluke" apparently?

Time will tell.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I feel the same way about Pence as a anti-religion preson.  I think religion needs to be removed completely from the political equation as it is illegal for it to be intertwined with government and people like Pence are trying to overstep the bounds of that.

And just to remind you, religion is not allowed in our government to protect you as well because your beliefs are not shared by everyone so Harris cannot make rules that deny you access to your religion any more than Pence is allowed legally to give certain religions benefits that no one else gets.

Actually the framers of the Constitution wanted no STATE RELIGION. The individuals religion was to be protected.

Article Six of the United States Constitution specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States

Its illegal to consider a person's religion in regard to government office. Regardless of how vocal they are. 

In contrast to this emphasis on separation, the Supreme Court in Zorach v. Clauson (1952) upheld accommodationism, holding that the nation's "institutions presuppose a Supreme Being" and that government recognition of God does not constitute the establishment of a state church as the Constitution's authors intended to prohibit.[3][4]

The "religious test" clause has been interpreted to cover both elected and appointed federal officials, career civil servants (a relatively recent innovation), and political appointees. Religious beliefs or the lack of them have not been permissible tests or qualifications with regard to federal employees since the ratification of the Constitution.

So.... You can't separate a person from their religion, and as long as an appointment is based mostly on merits, the candidate can be a frothing at the mouth Zealot and theirs no way to use that as a reason.

God bless America. :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't know the last time I watched two Liberal Democrats talk politics for 10 minutes and almost agree with every single thing they said.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Actually the framers of the Constitution wanted no STATE RELIGION. The individuals religion was to be protected.

That is what I SAID!  "to protect you as well because your beliefs are not shared by everyone".  Religion is not allowed in government so that any can worship or not as they feel led to.
"

21 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Competence.  Where is it?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-spent-1-billion-2020-election-president-politics-finance-2020-9?fbclid=IwAR0Adil16jO3Y7-K8iu2PtOmojC--QHXqixsg0nS-tb-Z7com5XLZZ7zPzw

In the corner office of a nondescript office building in northern Virginia, President Donald Trump's new campaign manager, Bill Stepien, stares at a spreadsheet. What it tells him, in its "Matrix"-like way, is that he is presiding over the worst campaign-finance fiasco in American political history.

Trump launched his reelection effort the same day he was sworn in, January 20, 2017. In the last three-plus years, the campaign has raised and spent nearly $1 billion. One. Billion. Dollars. And now, with six weeks to Election Day, Team Trump finds itself robbing Peter to pay Paul.

On any given day, Trump's committee sends a half-dozen email appeals and runs countless Facebook ads churning dollars through its account. However, the Trump campaign's "cost of funds," the term for how much it takes to raise a dollar, is about 60%. To put it another way, out of every dollar Trump raises, his campaign takes home about $0.40.

When a charity has fund expenses of 60%, you start looking at who is running it and who they are paying.   Themselves?  The swamp?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-14/trump-campaign-slashes-ad-spending-in-key-states-in-cash-crunch

Trump Campaign Slashes Ad Spending in Key States in Cash Crunch

It is time for you guys to send in some more cash.  If President Trump loses, it won't be because of the Democrats, it will be because of his stingy supporters.

You might wonder though if this is the guy you think can do good things to the country's economy

Does he need the publicity?  Every word he utters in front of a camera is headline news.  

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is what I SAID!  "to protect you as well because your beliefs are not shared by everyone".  Religion is not allowed in government so that any can worship or not as they feel led to.
"

You also said...

I feel the same way about Pence as a anti-religion preson.  I think religion needs to be removed completely from the political equation...

Seemed to me you wanted to exempt Pence and others who were, "Too religious". I was pointing out that such is not allowed under the Constitution, and as interpreted by the SCOTUS.

...as it is illegal for it to be intertwined with government and people like Pence are trying to overstep the bounds of that.

And here you seemed to be saying religion has no place in government. Which is untrue as each representative, whether in Congress, the Executive, or the Judicial is allowed that their religion influences who they are, and how they will govern. 

It is true that a person in government can not FORCE  religious rules onto others, but that isn't what "...With Government" means to me, at least.

Anyone in government can say, "I believe XYZ, because of my religion, and that XYZ is good. Then it is up to the 3 Branches to decide, by legislation, enforcement, and interpretation, if that is actually good, and if we, the people, should follow it.

Thou shalt not kill. And... Thou shalt not steal. Are both universal truths and religious truths. But we don't allow robbery out of a spurnning of religion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

You also said...

Seemed to me you wanted to exempt Pence and others who were, "Too religious". I was pointing out that such is not allowed under the Constitution, and as interpreted by the SCOTUS.

And here you seemed to be saying religion has no place in government. Which is untrue as each representative, whether in Congress, the Executive, or the Judicial is allowed that their religion influences who they are, and how they will govern. 

It is true that a person in government can not FORCE  religious rules onto others, but that isn't what "...With Government" means to me, at least.

Anyone in government can say, "I believe XYZ, because of my religion, and that XYZ is good. Then it is up to the 3 Branches to decide, by legislation, enforcement, and interpretation, if that is actually good, and if we, the people, should follow it.

Thou shalt not kill. And... Thou shalt not steal. Are both universal truths and religious truths. But we don't allow robbery out of a spurnning of religion.

No, I said POLITICAL equation, not the same thing as government! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I said POLITICAL equation, not the same thing as government! 

Be that as it may... It is impossible to separate a person and their religion. You cant have a judge, a Congressperson, or a Cabinet member, who's opinions are not affected by their religion. 

I would agree though that religion shouldn't be a political lever on anyone. A person should be measured on their achievements rather then their religion. I personally don't care for Rep Omar, but that is due to her political beliefs, her statements, not because she is Muslim, black, or a woman. I've read articles of several Muslims, who are very much in line with the standard GOP, and I would vote for them in a second. 

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Be that as it may... It is impossible to separate a person and their religion. You cant have a judge, a Congressperson, or a Cabinet member, who's opinions are not affected by their religion. 

I would agree though that religion shouldn't be a political lever on anyone. A person should be measured on their achievements rather then their religion. I personally don't care for Rep Omar, but that is due to her political beliefs, her statements, not because she is Muslim, black, or a woman. I've read articles of several Muslims, who are very much in line with the standard GOP, and I would vote for them in a second. 

You like to argue don't you.  I never said anything about separating anyone from their religion.  I realize something I said contained trigger words for you.  Go back and read what I actually said and figure out what those trigger words are then you can watch yourself react and figure out how to defuse the triggers.  If you aren't sure what I am talking about, trigger words are words you have emotion attached to that takes you out, causes you to mis-read and misunderstand what someone else actually said, so you go off on some emotional tirade insisting people said things they did not say.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You like to argue don't you.  I never said anything about separating anyone from their religion.  I realize something I said contained trigger words for you.  Go back and read what I actually said and figure out what those trigger words are then you can watch yourself react and figure out how to defuse the triggers.  If you aren't sure what I am talking about, trigger words are words you have emotion attached to that takes you out, causes you to mis-read and misunderstand what someone else actually said, so you go off on some emotional tirade insisting people said things they did not say.

Seems to me that when I said...

13 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Seemed to me you wanted to exempt Pence and others who were, "Too religious".

and...

And here you seemed to be saying religion has no place in government.

You could have just quoted that and been more specific in what you did really mean.

I don't mean to be triggered, but that's how I read it, and telling me to just go read it again, rather thrn explain, didn't help me much. 

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Seems to me that when I said...

and...

You could have just quoted that and been more specific in what you did really mean.

I don't mean to be triggered, but that's how I read it, and telling me to just go read it again, rather thrn explain, didn't help me much. 

I did say religion has no place in government, but I did NOT say that I want to exempt anyone who is "too religious".  I said I think Pence has an agenda to change the government based on his religion.  You can twist anyone's words anyway you want but when you twist mine I will call you on it!

• Like 1

Political Cartoons by Pat Cross

• Haha 2

I think 4 more years of Trump will fulfill the promises he made to his followers.  The clock will be reset to the time when America was great.  Some of us lived through that time. already.

No abortions.

No health care.

No Civil Rights act.

Sounds great to some but you can never really go back and reset time while the rest of the world progresses.

All of those schools, public buildings, bridges, dams  and power lines that our parents and grandparents built are 50 years old now, falling apart or out of date.  We seem unable to replace them.

America was the leading country in technology and  innovation then. Our competitors are catching up and passing us today.

With no GI Bill to help young people who served their country may not become the first in their family to go to college,  a University education becomes the province of the well to do or those willing to assume many years of debt.  We churn out investment bankers and lawyers and branding consultants because they make more money than engineers or scientists.  We fall further behind.

An appendectomy cost about $750 dollars in 1973, about 2 months pay for a guy making $2.75 an hour.  Today average cost is up around $30,000+.  A heck of a lot more than 2 months pay for most people.

Middle class wage manufacturing jobs with their accompanying insurance are going away.

Lot a lot of movies, the sequel may not be as good as the first time around.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I think 4 more years of Trump will fulfill the promises he made to his followers....

Nice summary, Tatetopa - but it will at least keep him out of jail.. :)   There's an awful lot of prosecutors sitting on their hands waiting..

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, OverSword said:

I think that's a fair assessment. Still... We are basically only left with these two options. I dont like the ultra liberal agenda, and I do tend to believe Biden will be a puppet, so I'm forced to vote Trump.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, Tatetopa said:

I think 4 more years of Trump will fulfill the promises he made to his followers.  The clock will be reset to the time when America was great.  Some of us lived through that time. already.

No abortions.

No health care.

No Civil Rights act.

Sounds great to some but you can never really go back and reset time while the rest of the world progresses.

I call BS on that. When has Trump called for an end to Civil Rights, or Abortion, or Heath Care?

You mean that the PROGRESS that you'd like to see is going slower then you'd like. That's not a crime. Its conservatism. 

All of those schools, public buildings, bridges, dams  and power lines that our parents and grandparents built are 50 years old now, falling apart or out of date.  We seem unable to replace them.

Why is that though? Lack of money? Lack of will?

In my opinion it is due to Regulations and crazy amounts of red tape. Environmental studies and Public Hearings are required. Such that it takes YEARS to add a lane to a main thoroughfare. Not even going to suggest how hard it is to put in NEW roads/powerlines/utilities. 

This isnt Trump's fault. Its the Left's fault if anything.  The money is there, but it's impossible to get anything approved.

With no GI Bill to help young people who served their country may not become the first in their family to go to college,

But surely you're not suggesting another World War to fix education.

If it is a matter of funding, the Congress holds the keys to every student loan. Why haven't the Ds fixed it before now? Because they are just as complicit as Trump.

The Congress could lower student loan rates to zero if they wanted to. Trump likely would sign it. 

Middle class wage manufacturing jobs with their accompanying insurance are going away.

But why is that? What has happened that changed that? Overwhelming Regulations? Environmentalism lawsuits? Union demands on wages/Healthcare making competing internationally very hard?

What are the proposed fixes? Minimum wages that put even more corporations out if business?

I'm not saying toss all regulations. They are there to protect people, places, and things. But if a corporation is unable to compete, we have to understand those jobs will be gone in exchange.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The biggest problem the Democrats and Rinos have is they have been stealing our tax money for over 50 years. Send overseas and laundering back into the states through shell companies and NGO's affiliated with their families. So go ahead and vote for Biden when he has been ROBBING YOU for years! What do criminals do in political positions do? They attack the person that is going after that corruption! I have witnessed voter fraud first hand Democrats where busing people from early voting states to other states and vote.

Edited by cerberusxp
added more
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1