Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Covid Parties

Dustyrose33

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/patient-dies-after-going-to-covid-party-thought-it-was-a-hoax-official/ar-BB16CCy8?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

I don't understand this at all.  Why are these young people trying to get exposed and infected?  I guess they listened to effin Trump tell them 99% was harmless.   Something is so majorly wrong here.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

18 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/patient-dies-after-going-to-covid-party-thought-it-was-a-hoax-official/ar-BB16CCy8?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

I don't understand this at all.  Why are these young people trying to get exposed and infected?  I guess they listened to effin Trump tell them 99% was harmless.

I guess it's a combination between low wits and a feeling of invincibility. The latter could be influenced by the orange menace, but also by the status the US has in the world.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 5

It looks like it's just pure ignorance and lack of education about the virus.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Katniss said:

It looks like it's just pure ignorance and lack of education about the virus.

There seems to be a lot of it here......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

There seems to be a lot of it here......

They don't read. They don't listen (except to other ignorant people they know). They don't get informed. They think because summer is here that the virus is either fading away or that it's over. Such a harsh lesson to learn and a waste of life. :hmm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

They don't read. They don't listen (except to other ignorant people they know). They don't get informed. They think because summer is here that the virus is either fading away or that it's over. Such a harsh lesson to learn and a waste of life. :hmm:

Oh, I know. I live in New Jersey and work in Cumberland and Atlantic County. I waiting for a major jump in cases because of Shoebees (shore tourists) 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm all for it. Let people Darwin themselves out.

Normally I would agree with that, but those idiots can infect people who doesn't deserve it.

Couldn't they just inject inject bleach instead ? :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Normally I would agree with that, but those idiots can infect people who doesn't deserve it.

Couldn't they just inject inject bleach instead ? :rolleyes:

The way I see it mother nature has had enough of our sh....

Strong and smart survive, the dumb take as many down as they can. 

• Like 5

Much as I hate to say it, it's kids being kids. They all know they're invincible, and challenge death every chance they get. I'm not saying it's right, just that it is what it is. You Tube is full of kids dancing with death, with dozens of new ones daily. This particular behavior however, is outright stupid, to the point of being criminal. Hefty fines, and short jail sentences, combined with a course on critical thinking, with the onus on public safety should be given out as a deterrent. As a kid, I attended several "pox" parties organised by concerned mothers. I lost a few friends from this insanity. Not to mention how much fun it was to get the pox. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 6

2 of my friends got a mild case of it, not bad enough to be in the hospital.   They said it was the sickest they had ever been.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Disturbing and irresponsible. I don't think this has anything to do with Trump however. It just shows you how stupid, naive, immature and careless some people can be. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Much as I hate to say it, it's kids being kids. They all know they're invincible, and challenge death every chance they get. I'm not saying it's right, just that it is what it is. You Tube is full of kids dancing with death, with dozens of new ones daily. This particular behavior however, is outright stupid, to the point of being criminal. Hefty fines, and short jail sentences, combined with a course on critical thinking, with the onus on public safety should be given out as a deterrent. As a kid, I attended several "pox" parties organised by concerned mothers. I lost a few friends from this insanity. Not to mention how much fun it was to get the pox. 

Mostly this, I think.

At other times they'd be driving too fast in cars too powerful for them to control, and end up wrapped around a light pole.

The tragic difference is that where a car accident might kill four people in that car, in this situation the disease spreads much further.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Much as I hate to say it, it's kids being kids. They all know they're invincible, and challenge death every chance they get. I'm not saying it's right, just that it is what it is. You Tube is full of kids dancing with death, with dozens of new ones daily. This particular behavior however, is outright stupid, to the point of being criminal. Hefty fines, and short jail sentences, combined with a course on critical thinking, with the onus on public safety should be given out as a deterrent. As a kid, I attended several "pox" parties organised by concerned mothers. I lost a few friends from this insanity. Not to mention how much fun it was to get the pox

Wtf lol.

Is that excatly what it sounds like? A pox party??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Wtf lol.

Is that excatly what it sounds like? A pox party??

Unfortunately yes. It's how I got, mumps, chicken pox, and measels. It was a common practice in the prairie provinces in the 60's. Much later in life, my mother would cringe at what they did. After I told my kids what it was like having the big three, they were much more amenable to inoculations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Unfortunately yes. It's how I got, mumps, chicken pox, and measels. It was a common practice in the prairie provinces in the 60's. Much later in life, my mother would cringe at what they did. After I told my kids what it was like having the big three, they were much more amenable to inoculations.

I'm just so confused.

What did she say was the purpose of doing that?

Edited by spartan max2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm just so confused.

If I had to guess, it was so they had some kind of control. In a weird way it kind of worked. My mother got my five brothers, and I exposed, and then immediately quarantined us from school for each virus. It was weird though going to a friends house, expecting a party, instead being told to go play with our sick friend, who really wasn't interested in playing. 100% infection rate in all of us. Mumps was the worst. Like gargling with razor blades. Measles were itchy, and mom taped mitts on us to keep us fromv cratching. Chicken pox was lots of puking, and scratching. Good times. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm just so confused.

Catch the disease and you should have lifelong immunity from it. The theory behind a pox party is to infect the child at a time of your choosing - presumably when they're fit and healthy, to maximise the chance of recovery. In the absence of a vaccine I can sort of see the logic.

The obvious problem is that you have a lot less control over the process than with a vaccine. And, as Hankenhunter points out, you cop the disease for real.

The appalling thing is that these days, when we have vaccines for so many diseases, there are still parents who prefer to pox-party their kids rather than vaccinating them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Newsweek reached out to San Antonio health officials for comment, but did not receive a response back in time for publication.

Or in other words we don't know what medical conditions this person had before going.

The virus is real, (l know someone who has it) but the hysteria isn't!

B)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter B said:

Catch the disease and you should have lifelong immunity from it. The theory behind a pox party is to infect the child at a time of your choosing - presumably when they're fit and healthy, to maximise the chance of recovery. In the absence of a vaccine I can sort of see the logic.

The obvious problem is that you have a lot less control over the process than with a vaccine. And, as Hankenhunter points out, you cop the disease for real.

The appalling thing is that these days, when we have vaccines for so many diseases, there are still parents who prefer to pox-party their kids rather than vaccinating them.

All three of my kids had the measles, mumps and rubella vaccination but the one for chicken pox wasn't out yet. All three of them got it in school. My oldest one had it first then about two years later the other two, within three weeks of each other. It was horrible. My daughter got really sick. Thank God she wasn't scarred. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I had to guess, it was so they had some kind of control. In a weird way it kind of worked. My mother got my five brothers, and I exposed, and then immediately quarantined us from school for each virus. It was weird though going to a friends house, expecting a party, instead being told to go play with our sick friend, who really wasn't interested in playing. 100% infection rate in all of us. Mumps was the worst. Like gargling with razor blades. Measles were itchy, and mom taped mitts on us to keep us fromv cratching. Chicken pox was lots of puking, and scratching. Good times. 

I never attended any pox parties,but i still caught everything as a kid.

Chicken pox was the worst,ahhg the itchiness.measles,german measles,and shingles were ok.

Mumps was mainly awkward,as everybody laughed at my swollen face.

The worst feeling disease was a horrendous dose of man flu a few years ago.

• Like 1

How big should the headline be to announce "Young People Caught Acting Stupid"?  It's not like it's news.  These are the same kids who survived the Tide Pod eating fad.  Every generation has it's own version of peer approved stupidity.  They will risk illness and death by attending a Covid party, but wouldn't dare go around the block without their phone and GPS.  That would be dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Big Jim said:

How big should the headline be to announce "Young People Caught Acting Stupid"?  It's not like it's news.  These are the same kids who survived the Tide Pod eating fad.  Every generation has it's own version of peer approved stupidity.  They will risk illness and death by attending a Covid party, but wouldn't dare go around the block without their phone and GPS.  That would be dangerous.

Maybe so. But eating a Tide Pod isn't infectious.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 5:31 PM, Dustyrose33 said:

I guess they listened to effin Trump tell them 99% was harmless. 

You must be right.  There's no record of anyone ever acting stupid before Trump was elected.

• Thanks 1