Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attorney General Barr -- don't Pardon Stone

Grim Reaper 6

48 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

There is plenty of recent information out there about "racist" mathematics...all of which will evade the incurious.

So, since you asked:

Seattle Schools Propose To Teach That Math Education Is Racist—Will California Be Far Behind?

https://www.hoover.org/research/seattle-schools-propose-teach-math-education-racist-will-california-be-far-behindseattle

Will you now claim that there's "no evidence" that Seattle has become a Leftist enclave?

But I actually think you've missed my point...which is that in order to unify, we must be able to rally around objective truth.  Folks are perfectly free to believe what they wish, but if they want society at large to get along, there needs to be a majority that share core truths.

Lefties (or Righties) that attempt to invent "new" core truths are part of the problem and only serve to stymie the solution.  In the case of the radical Left, this is by design.

The only thing in that piece that I could find as evidence was a link to the proposed teaching goals.

I think California's problem is more a disconnected education system after reading it. Whoever proposed it had no idea how a teacher might write the learning plans to adress that.

But what I asked you for was a link, that proves all of, "The Left" had given up on basic math, because you are apparently not responsible for creating any division in society with your actions and generalizations. 

If you can not prove that The Left and indeed all Liberals believe these things then you need to be more specific and tone down the divisive rhetoric.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Kismit said:

If you can not prove that The Left and indeed all Liberals believe these things then you need to be more specific and tone down the divisive rhetoric.

I don't mean to suggest that "all Liberals" believe one thing or another, but certainly some Lefties are doing things in the name of liberalism that makes them all look like radical nut-jobs.  I know for a fact, though, that some Liberals are horrified by what their radical element is up to.  I guess the Left has a choice: either reign in the radicals who are steering toward the cliff, or watch as many centrist liberals jump ship for conservative politics.

Meanwhile:

14 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The conviction stands with a pardon as well. It also just adds an admission of guilt with a pardon.

Fair enough, I stand corrected (IANAL!).

On 7/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, and then said:

Did someone call my name?  Yes, I DID say those things.  I meant every one of them and feel totally justified in saying it. No apologies will be forthcoming.  Those here who breathlessly post one hit piece after another after another, none of which entail anything but opinions and suppositions about the Bad Orange Man, deserve to be challenged.  

I have done so and I consider it fighting the good fight BUT that ends today.  Those who are pushing this relentless hate are just common trolls and they are so twisted with their own hate that joining in has begun to make me feel physically unclean.  I've had enough.  There isn't A single soul here who doesn't understand how I feel about these issues and repeating it does no one any good.

So, those who get an adrenaline rush from pushing BOM "facts" or narratives, have a ball.  Enjoy it, you can have a round-robin party with fellow - travelers, you won't get any more energy from me though.  

You and your beliefs are not my business nor my burden.  Whatever happens in November, whoever wins, I'll live through it and I'll come out less warped with hate than those who make it the single greatest focus of their lives.

Dude, you broke your word in less than 6 hr's, why do even bother old Sleepy Andthen!!!!!!:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, hacktorp said:

.  I know for a fact, though, that some Liberals are horrified by what their radical element is up to.

Would that be similar to the horror Republican incumbents felt when the Tea Party swarmed in after Obama's election? While I may agree with some of their policy, their obstinacy to work with even centrist Democrats is what led to their decline. Seriously Reagan, Clinton were the last two centrists to hold the office unless you want to count Bush Sr who realised taxes needed to be raised to stem the inflation rate and it cost him re election.

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Would that be similar to the horror Republican incumbents felt when the Tea Party swarmed in after Obama's election? While I may agree with some of their policy, their obstinacy to work with even centrist Democrats is what led to their decline. Seriously Reagan, Clinton were the last two centrists to hold the office unless you want to count Bush Sr who realised taxes needed to be raised to stem the inflation rate and it cost him re election.

The Liberals I know, some of them anyway, are horrified by the violence and destruction...including riots, murders, tearing down of monuments, and the general incitement by Leftist 'leaders' of young people to engage in chaos and hate.  This is all quite new to them and it has them very worried about the direction their party has taken.

So, I don't know how similar their feelings are to how Republicans felt about the Tea Party.  Was the Tea Party ever accused of inciting widespread violence?

On 7/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, hacktorp said:

Dude.  Ludacris is a Hip Hop star.  I think the word that eludes you is "ludicrous".

And I'm the one who looks unstable?

So, this tour of tge USA is not endorsed by you?

On 7/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, hacktorp said:

See #4.  Try harder next time.

Infer:

1: to derive as a conclusion from facts or premises
we see smoke and infer fire
— L. A. White
— compare IMPLY
2: GUESS, SURMISE
your letter … allows me to infer that you are as well as ever
— O. W. Holmes †1935
3a: to involve as a normal outcome of thought
b: to point out : INDICATE
this doth infer the zeal I had to see him
— William Shakespeare
another survey … infers that two-thirds of all present computer installations are not paying for themselves
— H. R. Chellman
4: SUGGEST, HINT
are you inferring I'm incompetent?

English is a volatile, perhaps even progressive language.  After all,  dictionaries now say 'literally' means 'figuratively'.

I prefer the traditional view that 'infer' and 'imply' are opposites; but, I'm conservative like that.

That's not to say there aren't chinks in my language pedant armour .

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:08 AM, hacktorp said:

See?  This is what I'm talking about.

Use to be that 10 + 10 equals 20.

SMH...

Let me see:four times five is twelve,and four times six is thirteen,and four times seven is-oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!

:innocent:

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 4:59 AM, hacktorp said:

Ahh....okay.  I thought perhaps you were trying to give a relevant example.

My mistake...

Your thoughts were 'off-base'.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I prefer the traditional view that 'infer' and 'imply' are opposites; but, I'm conservative like that.

I always took it to mean "reason"...which could be used either way.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Let me see:four times five is twelve,and four times six is thirteen,and four times seven is-oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!

I've loved 'Alice' for...um...a really long time!

• Like 1