Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump trying to Discredit Dr. Fauci

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, and then said:

The only hope for stopping it was when it was first identified.  The CCP behaved as communists do and now we have a pandemic coronavirus.  I'm sure you're aware that a vaccine is far from being guaranteed.  Therapeutics may be all we can do.  Meanwhile, the Democrat party seems to want to lock everything down for the indefinite future and it just isn't going to work.  Newsom is shutting Cali down again and the LA school district has decided not to reopen classrooms next month.

I believe the individual states should decide for themselves on when to reopen but they should NOT be bailed out if their decisions prove ineffective and economically damaging.

Lock downs and open ups need to free from political games.

The US is doing more coronavirus testing than any other nation which is why it has identified more cases. The death rate is very low there because we arent talking about the number of cases actually hospitalised. Yet the California governor Gavin Newsom (who is a democrat) is jumping on the bandwagon trying to flame it up as a crises. He can do that if he wants, thats politics. But by closing the state down he is also affecting peoples livelihoods. If Californians perceive it as being politically motivated then that democrat safe seat is lost.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, toast said:

328M people still in the hands of an idiot, its unbelievable

That made me laugh, I hope to laugh some more in November lol.

2 hours ago, and then said:

The only hope for stopping it was when it was first identified.  The CCP behaved as communists do and now we have a pandemic coronavirus.  I'm sure you're aware that a vaccine is far from being guaranteed.  Therapeutics may be all we can do.  Meanwhile, the Democrat party seems to want to lock everything down for the indefinite future and it just isn't going to work.  Newsom is shutting Cali down again and the LA school district has decided not to reopen classrooms next month.

I believe the individual states should decide for themselves on when to reopen but they should NOT be bailed out if their decisions prove ineffective and economically damaging.

Well like I have said many times, it isn't wise to follow medical advise from Politicians  ( President Trump ) or from there their supporters. So I can say with little doubt that Dr. Fauci doesnt see this in terms of a Political Agenda, like you and your President do, for the Doctor this is a crisis that is killing American people that can be brought under control. I think it is fair to say that myself and many others believe that when it comes to this Pandemic Dr. Fauci's words are the only ones in the White House that hold any weight!!!:tu:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That made me laugh, I hope to laugh some more in November lol.

So you hope for a re-election of the bungler and you dont care a country constantly going down the pipe?  What do you think for how much C19 death he will be responsible in November then because of his totally mismanagement of a complete nation?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The US is doing more coronavirus testing than any other nation which is why it has identified more cases.

Thats not the point. The US has more cases because of a rotten health care system, a high proportion of ignorant and complacent people and an incapable and corrupt government, led by a former real estate agent.

The death rate is very low there because we arent talking about the number of cases actually hospitalised.

The US death rate is at rank 2 per 100k population so there is no reason to think C19 to be managed well in the US, on the contrary. 

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Fauci has been pushing good medical advice which the village idiot has dismissed. I just posted more information in the medical thread about how Fauci is right and the village idiot is once again wrong.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Lock downs and open ups need to free from political games.

The US is doing more coronavirus testing than any other nation which is why it has identified more cases. The death rate is very low there because we arent talking about the number of cases actually hospitalised. Yet the California governor Gavin Newsom (who is a democrat) is jumping on the bandwagon trying to flame it up as a crises. He can do that if he wants, thats politics. But by closing the state down he is also affecting peoples livelihoods. If Californians perceive it as being politically motivated then that democrat safe seat is lost.

They are based on sound medical advice from health experts. It's the knuckleheads that are making it a political game.

And those that can't see the large rise in cases are the political wackos that are making a political shambles out of the California governor's decision to follow the evidence.

We too can follow the evidence.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/

As we see in the graph of cumulative cases the rate of infection is increasing. It is increasing rapidly and needs to be stopped. 

The graph labeled new cases by day shows the ever increasing nature of the cases in California. Some states have managed to slow down the spread of the disease, but there is no such sign in the state of California.

For some people it's all about the politics as revealed here: "If Californians perceive it as being politically motivated then that democrat safe seat is lost."

Sounds to me like someone wants a Trumpian response: kill people to get votes.

• Like 4

@Manwon Lender, you started this thread with an article that accused "supporters of Trump are threatening Dr Fauci, so he has been given security". 

But that isn't true, is it ? The HHS dept asked the justice department for a one-man protection detail on the basis of Fauci's increased public profile, and NOT because of any specific threat. 

You also stated that Trump had blamed Dr Fauci for giving him bad information.. or words to that effect. Can you give me a link to that ? I tried googling it , but couldn't really find it ? 

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

They are based on sound medical advice from health experts. It's the knuckleheads that are making it a political game.

And those that can't see the large rise in cases are the political wackos that are making a political shambles out of the California governor's decision to follow the evidence.

We too can follow the evidence.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/

As we see in the graph of cumulative cases the rate of infection is increasing. It is increasing rapidly and needs to be stopped. 

The graph labeled new cases by day shows the ever increasing nature of the cases in California. Some states have managed to slow down the spread of the disease, but there is no such sign in the state of California.

For some people it's all about the politics as revealed here: "If Californians perceive it as being politically motivated then that democrat safe seat is lost."

Sounds to me like someone wants a Trumpian response: kill people to get votes.

Yeeeeess... ummmm..... 

IS the actual underlying infection rate increasing, or is it just that we are DETECTING more existing cases due to the increased testing regime ? 

42 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeeeeess... ummmm..... 

IS the actual underlying infection rate increasing, or is it just that we are DETECTING more existing cases due to the increased testing regime ? 

We are detecting more cases because people are symptomatic. Look at the number of dead. There is no drop in the number of dead. 

You could have answered your own question by looking at the number of people in hospitals. More people than ever are in California hospitals.

Had you looked at the positive test rate you'd have also answered your question. The increase in positivity is due to the spread of the disease. As the disease spreads tests are more likely to come back positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

We are detecting more cases because people are symptomatic. Look at the number of dead. There is no drop in the number of dead. 

You could have answered your own question by looking at the number of people in hospitals. More people than ever are in California hospitals.

Had you looked at the positive test rate you'd have also answered your question. The increase in positivity is due to the spread of the disease. As the disease spreads tests are more likely to come back positive.

Nah mate, you have it backwards. You just need to stop testing and the virus will stop appearing. It thrives off the attention. Just ignore it and pretend it's not there and it will soon grow bored and disappear.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nah mate, you have it backwards. You just need to stop testing and the virus will stop appearing.

Man o man, think of what would happen if women stopped doing pregnancy tests, the human race would go extinct.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Man o man, think of what would happen if women stopped doing pregnancy tests, the human race would go extinct.

I have often expressed the COVID-19 response as the teenage girl idea of, if I pretend I'm not pregnant I won't be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@aztek I wish you and those like you were from a country where spreading false and alarming rumors is illegal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://news.yahoo.com/dr-fauci-trump-may-picked-181121375.html

Trump's attacks against Fauci are also complicated by a string of media reports documenting how the White House botched its early response to the pandemic, as well as recent polling showing that Fauci's reputation is soaring among Americans, while Trump's is cratering.

That's really not surprising.

• Like 1

More from the same article.

Then there's the fact that much of the disease's rapid spread across the US can be attributed to Trump's own failures to address it early on rather than external factors.

A string of media reports over the last several months have painted a damning picture of how Trump hampered the US's recovery by ignoring more than a dozen warnings about the pandemic from intelligence officials, cutting funding to public health agencies, demonizing medical experts, and spreading misinformation about the severity of the outbreak.

Isn't that Trump's complaint about China? "spreading misinformation about the severity of the outbreak"

We have here a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

"Taking quotes from Dr. Fauci out of context to discredit his scientific knowledge and judgment will do tremendous harm to our nation's efforts to get the virus under control, restore our economy, and return us to a more normal way of life," the Association of American Medical Colleges said in a statement on Monday.

The AMA added that it was "extremely concerned and alarmed" by the attacks against Fauci.

Those with actual knowledge support Fauci. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another part of the same article for those that obviously haven't read the article.

Even Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who is one of Trump's biggest allies on Capitol Hill, rallied to Fauci's defense on Tuesday.

"We don't have a Dr. Fauci problem," Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters. "We need to be focusing on doing things that get us to where we need to go. So, I have all the respect in the world for Dr. Fauci. I think any effort to undermine him is not going to be productive, frankly."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

what is not surprising that you believe yahoo garbage,  

btw, posting more of it isn't making it anymore credible, just makes you look more desperate, 

a hint, try posting something from rationalwiki, that will definitely drive your point home, lmao, 

Edited by aztek

And a heads up for the Trump brown nosers, the articles are from Business Insider.

https://news.yahoo.com/dont-dr-fauci-problem-gop-173755400.html

Fauci is the nation's top infectious disease expert and a member of the White House coronavirus task force. But he's found himself in President Donald Trump's crosshairs amid a resurgence of the virus outbreak in the US, as well as recent polling showing that Americans trust Fauci more than Trump.

A series of Insider polls conducted with SurveyMonkey in mid-March, mid-April, and late April asked respondents to rate a number of key public figures on a scale of 1 to 5 based on how trustworthy they were for leadership and accurate information on the coronavirus.

In all three surveys, respondents gave Fauci and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo the highest ratings for their handling of COVID-19 and ranked Trump and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner at the bottom. 

It is clear that Trump is incompetent and especially incompetent when it comes to health issues.

People trust those that provide accurate and timely advice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

what is not surprising that you believe yahoo garbage,  

btw, posting more of it isn't making it anymore credible, just makes you look more desperate, 

a hint, try posting something from rationalwiki, that will definitely drive your point home, lmao, 

Clearly you did not read the article. Yahoo is not the source.

Your commentary is clearly based on nothing of value or interest.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the previous link I see a startling number.

In a national poll of 1,337 registered voters conducted by The New York Times and Siena College in mid-June, 76% of respondents said they trusted Fauci for "accurate information" about the COVID-19 pandemic compared with just 26% who said they trusted Trump.

I'm astonished so many people trust Trump. See the value of testing. It shows us unexpected things like some people still trust Trump.

• Like 3

This article title about Fauci is a it misleading. "Fauci knows exactly why the coronavirus pandemic is out of control"

It's fair to say that he has a good idea and probably a good idea on how to handle the failures of the White House to get things under control.

https://bgr.com/2020/07/14/coronavirus-usa-surge-after-reopening-fauci-on-lockdown-restrictions-vaccines/

Part of Fauci's message is that people are not takin this pandemic seriously. In my opinion that is the lack of leadership from the White House which needs to galvanize the people into following a path that leads to success. Right now the message from the US president is to pretend that everything is okay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Your commentary is clearly based on nothing of value or interest.

absolutely, that includes most posters as well, 

btw yahoo is a liberal site and only posts articles from other sites that fit its liberal agenda,  so yea when i see yahoo political article i can not take it seriously,   especially when article begins with; could, may, .possibly, probably, ..etc

Edited by aztek