Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
OverSword

Corrupt Tik Tok lobbyist's exposed

Recommended Posts

OverSword

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney

So the chiropractic /alternative medicine lobby isn't corrupt? The drug companies' lobby? Tobacco lobby?

Howabout Oil and gas?   :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
55 minutes ago, Piney said:

So the chiropractic /alternative medicine lobby isn't corrupt? The drug companies' lobby? Tobacco lobby?

Howabout Oil and gas?  

Double like on this one.  And how did the big tax-exempt megachurches get such a large chunk of the covid relief?  Lobbyists?

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Tatetopa said:

Double like on this one.  And how did the big tax-exempt megachurches get such a large chunk of the covid relief?  Lobbyists?

I never took the Covid money. I didn't think it fair because I didn't need it.  But I'm more than certain all the ne'er-do-well thieves like Franklin Graham, Joel Osteen and Kip McKean did.   

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Defense lobbyists influencing Biden?  Did they avoid Donald Trump and his big spending? 

Outright lobbyists working for foreign governments and pretending to be patriots?  Flynn working for Turkey by chance?

China influencing our government?  Was Putin working for China to help get Trump elected?

NO denying, influence monetary links to politicians is a major problem Corruption is a bipartisan issue, and we should deal with it as such.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

China influencing our government?  Was Putin working for China to help get Trump elected?

China used bots to influence perception in the West too. 

It's literally proven.

You guys on UM are seriously all out of touch with what's going on with the world and China.

Quote

Twitter has removed more than 170,000 accounts the social media site says are state-linked influence campaigns from China focusing on Hong Kong protests, Covid-19 and the US protests in relation to George Floyd.

The company announced on Thursday that 23,750 core accounts – and 150,000 “amplifier” accounts that boosted the content posted by those core accounts – had been removed from the platform after being linked to an influence campaign from the People’s Republic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/technology/twitter-chinese-misinformation.html

 

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2020/jun/12/twitter-deletes-170000-accounts-linked-to-china-influence-campaign?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDYAQE%3D#aoh=15946941632407&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ftechnology%2F2020%2Fjun%2F12%2Ftwitter-deletes-170000-accounts-linked-to-china-influence-campaign

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)

We really should ban TikTok.

China has the Great Fire Wall. That blocks out all Westeran media like Twitter, Google, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

All things the CCP can't directly control. 

No reason we should have their BS.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
40 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Double like on this one.  And how did the big tax-exempt megachurches get such a large chunk of the covid relief?  Lobbyists?

At least they’re not lobbying on behalf of agencies of a hostile foreign government.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

We really should ban TikTok.

China has the Great Fire Wall. That blocks out all Westeran media like Twitter, Google, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

All things the CCP can directly control. 

No reason we should have their BS.

Yeah, I know China spends a lot of time and money influencing in the US, just think of the recent NBA (remember them, they used to play basketball) apology.

Maybe the Chinese will rein-in TikTok.  They certainly don't want a bunch of teenagers interfering with their plans to get Trump re-elected.

Seriously, yes China blocks Western media.  They are a communist totalitarian state, they need to control all media.

We are on the other hand the bastion of free enterprise, creativity, media know-how and free expression.

Does it not seem a bit ironic that American or European media cannot come up with a product that would appeal as much to teenagers as one coming out of communist China?

We can't win market share with a better product so like China do we have to ban it?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

At least they’re not lobbying on behalf of agencies of a hostile foreign government.

Most likely not.  They seem too greedy to do that.  Might be trying to sell Trump a special Platinum VIP pass into Heaven though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
12 hours ago, Piney said:

So the chiropractic /alternative medicine lobby isn't corrupt? The drug companies' lobby? Tobacco lobby?

Howabout Oil and gas?   :lol:

most likely yes, but it has 0 to do with topic at hand

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
10 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Yeah, I know China spends a lot of time and money influencing in the US, just think of the recent NBA (remember them, they used to play basketball) apology.

Maybe the Chinese will rein-in TikTok.  They certainly don't want a bunch of teenagers interfering with their plans to get Trump re-elected.

Seriously, yes China blocks Western media.  They are a communist totalitarian state, they need to control all media.

We are on the other hand the bastion of free enterprise, creativity, media know-how and free expression.

Does it not seem a bit ironic that American or European media cannot come up with a product that would appeal as much to teenagers as one coming out of communist China?

We can't win market share with a better product so like China do we have to ban it?

 

It's not ironic at all. I have no reason to suspect Chinese software developers looking to profit are any less skilled then developers around the world?

Also what in the world are you talking about with this? Lol.

Quote

Maybe the Chinese will rein-in TikTok.

The issue is how the Chinese goverment asserts control over Chinese companies. Forcing them to promote propaganda, censor content against the CCP narrative, taking data, etc. 

It's a security risk because of the Chinese Communist Party. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney
1 hour ago, aztek said:

most likely yes, but it has 0 to do with topic at hand

Don't cherrypick. Go after all of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Piney said:

Don't cherrypick. Go after all of them. 

don't indulge in whataboutism, it does absolutely nothing,  stay on topic.   but you do have a valid point, thou, next time someone brings up gun deaths, i'll remind them of 250k medical mistake deaths, or destruction white supremacists cause, i'll remind them of antifa\blm riots, and use same argument, lol

 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
28 minutes ago, Piney said:

Don't cherrypick. Go after all of them. 

Yes, many lobbying entities represent an an issue that should be addressed.  Perhaps however, a slightly higher priority should be placed on people lobbying on behalf of companies based in a foreign nation and doubly so if we presently have a semi-hostile relationship with them right now.  In a perfect world there would be no lobbying at all but in our nation of crony capitalism it's pretty much an essential part of operations for large companies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, OverSword said:

Yes, many lobbying entities represent an an issue that should be addressed.  Perhaps however, a slightly higher priority should be placed on people lobbying on behalf of companies based in a foreign nation and doubly so if we presently have a semi-hostile relationship with them right now.  In a perfect world there would be no lobbying at all but in our nation of crony capitalism it's pretty much an essential part of operations for large companies.

Cory Booker get's buckets to prop up all those tired old nuke plants in the Northeast and when a Fukashima finally happens his hands will be clean.

The opioid crisis is because of the drug lobby. Who greases both parties.

We need to end them all........ 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
48 minutes ago, Piney said:

Cory Booker get's buckets to prop up all those tired old nuke plants in the Northeast and when a Fukashima finally happens his hands will be clean.

The opioid crisis is because of the drug lobby. Who greases both parties.

We need to end them all........ 

In order for that to happen the entire government would have to be reformed in the Libertarian free market image. It's the dream as far as I'm concerned.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
57 minutes ago, Piney said:

Cory Booker get's buckets to prop up all those tired old nuke plants in the Northeast and when a Fukashima finally happens his hands will be clean.

The opioid crisis is because of the drug lobby. Who greases both parties.

We need to end them all........ 

Wait.. what... Fukashima ? You're anticipating an earthquake followed by a Tsunami in.. dunno.... Connecticut ?? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It's not ironic at all. I have no reason to suspect Chinese software developers looking to profit are any less skilled then developers around the world?

To me it seems ironic that gifted programmers under a communist regime that don't need  to depend so heavily on popularity and market forces can appeal to more teenagers than Western developers who are all about market share and free of government control.  

 

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Also what in the world are you talking about with this? Lol.

It was LOL.  President Xi has been quoted as saying that Donald Trump being president is beneficial to long term Chinese goals.  So maybe they will keep Tik-Tok from spoiling any more MAGA rallys.  I know it is only circumstantial, but it is funny that our concern follows on the heels of Tulsa.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Wait.. what... Fukashima ? You're anticipating an earthquake followed by a Tsunami in.. dunno.... Connecticut ?? 

No, a leaky nuke accident...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

To me it seems ironic that gifted programmers under a communist regime that don't need  to depend so heavily on popularity and market forces can appeal to more teenagers than Western developers who are all about market share and free of government control.  

It's not original.  There were vines before tiktok which were 9 second videos, tiktok just added the music aspect and then it took off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Wait.. what... Fukashima ? You're anticipating an earthquake followed by a Tsunami in.. dunno.... Connecticut ?? 

The way 2020’s gone so far.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The way 2020’s gone so far.....

naw, locust and frogs are next, 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
13 hours ago, Piney said:

No, a leaky nuke accident...

Ooooh right... so.. NOT like Fukushima ? More like.. dunno.... Three Mile Island ? Fair enough. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Golden Duck

TikTok is Chinese for Deep Fake.

I'm not even fear mongering. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.