Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Denis Cyplenkov, World Record Biceps Curl

HandsomeGorilla

And Cro Magnon lives, apparently. I'm kidding, Denis, please don't eat me. 

I first saw this and thought to myself, "he must be really short to be that thick, there's no way he's over 5'6". Turns out he's about six feet tall and weighs in at about 310. Dude is so unbelievably thick it's actually kinda hilarious. He has basically giant everything (giggity), including hands. Not sure if genetics or growth hormone abuse lol

• Haha 2

Yes he's a world champion arm wrestler, as well. Big surprise there lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a certain point the huge muscles become almost crippling.  All he is good for is lifting cars off of babies.  I bet he can't run a block without getting a cramp.

• Like 1

Crushing walnuts with his fingers :lol:

Sorry, it's in Russian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well yea, that's to be expected. Like every sport that relies on strength or size. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Crushing walnuts with his fingers :lol:

Sorry, it's in Russian. 

Poor quality walnuts. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Well yea, that's to be expected. Like every sport that relies on strength or size. 

Unless you're more sinewy than bulk.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Right, sinewy is more versatile strength than bulk, more rational and useful.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Right, sinewy is more versatile strength than bulk, more rational and useful.

I'd rather be tendon strong than bulky.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wouldn't count on it lol. Most guys who use steroids, you would never guess they're on anything. Many of those sinewy guys are on just as much if not more than their bulkier counterparts. I've known guys not even 160 taking enough to embarrass a Mr Olympia competitor. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla

I'll put it this way, an example of two guys within my own family. One has absolutely God awful genetics, don't know what happened with him lol. I actually feel sorry for him. He had low testosterone, the whole nine yards. Started not using, but abusing steroids, amounts you'd expect from a top level bodybuilder. He's 6'2 and maybe 180, you'd look at him and say, "that guy probably does some bodyweight exercises" 

Another is overseas and won the genetic lottery. At his largest he was 6'4 and about 340lbs and was a very successful strongman competitor. He did what he had to do PED wise but it was a fraction of what the other guy did. And for those who think big muscles and agility, dexterity and stamina are mutually exclusive, I'm willing to bet his nearly 350lb ass could out run anyone on this board :lol:

These are strongman competitors, do you see the type of training they do? If you don't think cardio is a priority for them, you've lost your mind. It all comes down to genetics, however you slice it. You or me could juice until your liver falls out and never come close to any of these guys. If everything was truly tested, guess who would still hold these records? Denis Cyplenkov. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla

1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Wouldn't count on it lol. Most guys who use steroids, you would never guess they're on anything. Many of those sinewy guys are on just as much if not more than their bulkier counterparts. I've known guys not even 160 taking enough to embarrass a Mr Olympia competitor. 

I'm a sinewy guy. 22 years in a machine shop. Nearly every day. My tendons are like steel cables, but my muscles are so-so. I've only got 16.5 inch arms, the heavy stuff I've lifted over the years might not be impressive to the bodybuilding crowd, but I've lifted over my bodyweight too many times. Got the joint issues to go along with it.