Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Current rioting

WVK

Is this what you are talking about @WVK ?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/portland-protesters-burn-effigy-of-cop-wearing-kkk-hood/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-police-declare-riot-again-as-city-sees-38th-straight-day-of-unrest

Just a note:  Looting is not the same as Rioting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-riots-7-face-federal-charges-in-weekend-looting-arson-attacks-on-officers

https://www.foxnews.com/us/riot-declared-in-portland-cops-oder-protesters

Did not see anything about babies being used as sheilds.  Also, the only stories that came up were from the NY Post & Fox news.  Not very balanced reporting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did not see anything about babies being used as sheilds.

Watch the video

• Like 2

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

.  Also, the only stories that came up were from the NY Post & Fox news.  Not very balanced reporting. 

Why only them? 

7 minutes ago, WVK said:

Why only them? 

I don't know.  I use a privacy search and only looked at the first two pages.  Maybe the other news channels did not report this or there is so much by Fox that it is further down in the list.

54 minutes ago, WVK said:

I was not aware that the rioting continues. Haven't seen it in the news?

Portland OR Riots 7/11-7/12: Rioters use infants as shields

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouJiqqMtdv8

I never heard of PT News network.  Where are they from?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't know.  I use a privacy search and only looked at the first two pages.  Maybe the other news channels did not report this or there is so much by Fox that it is further down in the list.

Well look at the results when I used duckduckgo

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=portland+rioter+uses+baby+as+shield&t=hk&ia=web

It's not like it didn't happen the video of it is in the OP

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Watch the video

I don't think that video showed the correct context.  People were protesting, The police made it into a riot, I did  not see anyone attacking police, just shouting and running.  The babies were not being used as shields.  Typical manipulative reporting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, OverSword said:

CPS needs to be called on the idiot.

If the person can be identified, I think custody should be revoked.  THAT behavior is insane.  It's overtly, blatantly endangering an innocent's life.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Well look at the results when I used duckduckgo

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=portland+rioter+uses+baby+as+shield&t=hk&ia=web

It's not like it didn't happen the video of it is in the OP

Right, the first 4 links Infowars, Newswars and USAA news?  Really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think that video showed the correct context.  People were protesting, The police made it into a riot, I did  not see anyone attacking police, just shouting and running.  The babies were not being used as shields.  Typical manipulative reporting.

Fair enough... but why would any responsible parent take their infant ANYWHERE NEAR such a location?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The video showed federal troops using various methods to get people off of federal property  that would be possibly fatal to an infant and then the mother using that baby by forcing it to walk between protesters and and troops to discourage the feds from using force, which if a cop had not seen the baby could have resulted in the kids death.  Which video did you watch?  Extremely negligent parent who should have her kid removed from her custody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

YOU SAW THE VIDEO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

If you have to attack the source and not the argument then you already lost.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OverSword said:

The video showed federal troops using various methods to get people off of federal property  that would be possibly fatal to an infant and then the mother using that baby by forcing it to walk between protesters and and troops to discourage the feds from using force, which if a cop had not seen the baby could have resulted in the kids death.  Which video did you watch?  Extremely negligent parent who should have her kid removed from her custody.

I still think it the actual context is missing.  Of course a rational person would not take a baby to a riot.  I can't even guess based on the limited view point what was really going that triggered the cops to act the way they did.  Maybe when I have more time I will find better sources.

• Like 6

YOU SAW THE VIDEO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

If you have to attack the source and not the argument then you already lost.

I did see the video, and I told you, the context is missing from the video.  The source is suspect if they don't start with what actually triggered the event, instead, they started with incindiary remarks before and during the video.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I still think it the actual context is missing.  Of course a rational person would not take a baby to a riot.  I can't even guess based on the limited view point what was really going that triggered the cops to act the way they did.  Maybe when I have more time I will find better sources.

It's not what the cops did, it's what the mom did.  Risked her child's life stupidly and for no good reason.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I did see the video, and I told you, the context is missing from the video.  The source is suspect if they don't start with what actually triggered the event, instead, they started with incindiary remarks before and during the video.

No. It's not missing.  Are you blind?

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

But you don't know why the mom happened to be in that area when things went south, you can't make up anything about her.  In order to judge you have to know why she was there and why she had her baby with her.  And it would help to know the real reason things escalated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

But you don't know why the mom happened to be in that area when things went south, you can't make up anything about her.  In order to judge you have to know why she was there and why she had her baby with her.  And it would help to know the real reason things escalated.

Yes.  You do know why she was in the area because the guy with the camera spoke to her asking why she had a baby with her.  She said to promote freedom. You obviously did not watch the whole video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why are you so emotional about this? 

• Like 2

"Portland police declare ‘riot’ again – as city sees 38th straight day of unrest. Rioters burned American flags “while shouting BLM and antifa slogans,” a local journalist says"

Why no mention by CNN, MSNBC, NYT etc?

• Like 5

Why are you so emotional about this? 

Because you were acting like it's not true because you didn't like the web-sites that bothered to publish it despite you being able to see exactly what happened yourself.  Very frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes.  You do know why she was in the area because the guy with the camera spoke to her asking why she had a baby with her.  She said to promote freedom. You obviously did not watch the whole video.

I did watch the whole video.  The  sound was hard to hear, but still, promoting freedom is not the same as rioting.  Why did the person making the video not clariofy what caused the police to react the way they did if it was a protest.  I could tell there was no intention in that woman with the baby to be involved in a riot.  Once things went south, which we did not see the beginning of, she was trying to get out of there. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WVK said:

"Portland police declare ‘riot’ again – as city sees 38th straight day of unrest. Rioters burned American flags “while shouting BLM and antifa slogans,” a local journalist says"

Why no mention by CNN, MSNBC, NYT etc?

Because they know the more the rest of the USA see's cities dominated by democrats going insane and tearing themselves apart the worse Biden's chances in November.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked