Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Current rioting

WVK

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/3/revolutionary-communist-party-leader-backs-biden/

For Bob Avakian, founder and leader of the Revolutionary Communist Party USA, this year’s election is actually an easy call: The need to stop President Trump is so overwhelming that he has no qualms about backing Democrat Joseph R. Biden.

to add, the Antifa Communists are trying to take over our cities:(

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

I was pointing out the real problem not the non-problem you so fervently promote/support .

Here's another way to look at it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-enough-liberal-whining-100020403.html

The article says that if liberals didn't want violence in the streets, they should have paid attention sooner.  I agree and I might add that if conservatives didn't want violence in the streets they should have paid attention earlier.

When you stand in front of a social movement, don't be surprised when it runs over you.

Doug

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Doug, you seriously believe at least 1% of police officers are murderers?

The points you have made are non sensical. I hope you put more thought into your tree ring analysis than you have around policing 

I don't know the numbers, but whatever it is, it's too high.

Doug

Just now, Doug1029 said:

Here's another way to look at it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-editor-enough-liberal-whining-100020403.html

The article says that if liberals didn't want violence in the streets, they should have paid attention sooner.  I agree and I might add that if conservatives didn't want violence in the streets they should have paid attention earlier.

When you stand in front of a social movement, don't be surprised when it runs over you.

Doug

A social movement based on bull****.

16 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Have you ever been shot at?  I have.  Three times.  And I'm white. 

Doug

Maybe your the reason you have been shot at three times.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WVK said:

A social movement based on bull****.

That is any social movement, whether colonists objecting to a tax on tea, or blacks objecting to being murdered, or students objecting to the draft.  Stand in the way and you will get run over.

In practice, you can stand in the way during the early stages.  But as the movement gains force, it takes more and more effort to stand in its way.  The key is knowing when to switch sides and join the protesters.

Doug

Just now, Doug1029 said:

That is any social movement, whether colonists objecting to a tax on tea, or blacks objecting to being murdered, or students objecting to the draft.  Stand in the way and you will get run over.

In practice, you can stand in the way during the early stages.  But as the movement gains force, it takes more and more effort to stand in its way.  The key is knowing when to switch sides and join the protesters.

Doug

A social movement that would turn the criminals into heros and heros into criminals   

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WVK said:

Maybe your the reason you have been shot at three times.

Assuming you know something you don't?

The first time was in a marsh a few days before duck season.  There was eight-foot-tall grass everywhere.  I was with two friends, both expert hunters and woodsmen.  There was a shot (We could hear the bullet hitting the grass.).  We took cover and when the person came to see what he'd shot, we grabbed him, none too gently.  His excuse?  "I thought you were a duck."  If we were cops, we'd probably have killed him - and we could truthfully have pleaded self-defense.

The second time I was planting trees in a small clearing beside a creek.  There were saplings along the creek, shielding the clearing from the road.  Some guys up on the road started shooting into the trees.  Again, we could hear the bullet striking the leaves.  We yelled and they got in a pickup and left.  I assume they didn't know we were there.  In that case, it was irresponsible use of a firearm.

The third time I was working on a forest fertilization experiment in North Idaho.  We were miles back in the woods along an old logging road.  We were using Sandvicks to clear brush.  There was a shot and we ducked behind some big logs.  When we yelled, the guy got in his truck and left.  It was elk season and I assume he saw the tree tops move and thought it was an elk rubbing his antlers on a tree.  Again, irresponsible use of a firearm.

I don't think any of these people intended to kill me.  They were criminally negligent in not checking what they were shooting at before they shot.  Nevertheless, I could legally have shot and killed any of them.

My grandfather was shot and hit while mowing his lawn.  My other grandfather had a cow shot.  A hunter I know tried to tell me that we had no business being on our own land during hunting season.

When I worked in Colorado, we had one hunter shoot another one over who got to ride next to the window.

People who have to work in the woods during hunting season should carry firearms so they can shoot back.

Doug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

A social movement that would turn the criminals into heros and heros into criminals   

We did that with the American Revolution.

"Treason is a matter of perspective.  When the Emperor returns, you shall be the traitor and I shall be the patriot."

Doug

Just now, Doug1029 said:

We did that with the American Revolution.

"Treason is a matter of perspective.  When the Emperor returns, you shall be the traitor and I shall be the patriot."

Doug

It would destroy America.  You OK with that

26 minutes ago, WVK said:

It would destroy America.  You OK with that

It didn't destroy it during the Revolution and it didn't destroy it during the 1960s.  Labor unions didn't destroy America in the 1930s.  If anything, they all made this country better.

Doug

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

It didn't destroy it during the Revolution and it didn't destroy it during the 1960s.  Labor unions didn't destroy America in the 1930s.  If anything, they all made this country better.

Doug

Would a race war make us better?

1 hour ago, Doug1029 said:

Assuming you know something you don't?

The first time was in a marsh a few days before duck season.  There was eight-foot-tall grass everywhere.  I was with two friends, both expert hunters and woodsmen.  There was a shot (We could hear the bullet hitting the grass.).  We took cover and when the person came to see what he'd shot, we grabbed him, none too gently.  His excuse?  "I thought you were a duck."  If we were cops, we'd probably have killed him - and we could truthfully have pleaded self-defense.

The second time I was planting trees in a small clearing beside a creek.  There were saplings along the creek, shielding the clearing from the road.  Some guys up on the road started shooting into the trees.  Again, we could hear the bullet striking the leaves.  We yelled and they got in a pickup and left.  I assume they didn't know we were there.  In that case, it was irresponsible use of a firearm.

The third time I was working on a forest fertilization experiment in North Idaho.  We were miles back in the woods along an old logging road.  We were using Sandvicks to clear brush.  There was a shot and we ducked behind some big logs.  When we yelled, the guy got in his truck and left.  It was elk season and I assume he saw the tree tops move and thought it was an elk rubbing his antlers on a tree.  Again, irresponsible use of a firearm.

I don't think any of these people intended to kill me.  They were criminally negligent in not checking what they were shooting at before they shot.  Nevertheless, I could legally have shot and killed any of them.

My grandfather was shot and hit while mowing his lawn.  My other grandfather had a cow shot.  A hunter I know tried to tell me that we had no business being on our own land during hunting season.

When I worked in Colorado, we had one hunter shoot another one over who got to ride next to the window.

People who have to work in the woods during hunting season should carry firearms so they can shoot back.

Doug

Ok So whats that go to do with police murdering black?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WVK said:

Would a race war make us better?

Looking for trouble?

I don't foresee a race war because I think whites will yield just enough to keep that from happening.  That's what they've always done in the past.

Doug

5 minutes ago, WVK said:

Ok So whats that go to do with police murdering black?

That's my answer to your speculation that police were shooting at me.  Instead, it was a bunch of (non-police) idiots with guns.

I have noticed that you don't hear or see competent hunters out in the woods.  Maybe that's because good hunters obey the laws and safety rules, so they don't attract attention.  On the other hand, the people I meet out in the woods are usually trespassing when I meet them.  They're already breaking one law, so breaking some more doesn't bother them.

Doug

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Really?  Do you think the percentage is higher?  I do.  Be specific about the points you think are nonsense, as I agree with Doug.

he hasnt a clue.....see below my one and only exchange with him, to which I havent responded as there too much to correct! He knows nothing about the case and even quotes an aspect from the Floyd incident...confusing things much?

sounds to me very much like another person that is simply influenced by headlines without any research into the events

On 7/30/2020 at 5:35 PM, Doug1029 said:

So:  what kind of laser was it?  I have seen no evidence that it could do anything more than annoy a person.  That's not a justification for murder.

I saw the tape.  The man was evidently on drugs and fell asleep in his car in a MacDonalds drive-through.  The attendent called police, who came and tried to question him.  In his confused state, he didn't understand, so they attempted to arrest him (for being confused).  That scared him and he ran.  They shot him in the back.  That is never legal.  The bs about a counterfeit $20 bill was a later addition, apparently to give the police some cover.

So I stand corrected:  he was not shot for falling asleep in a MacDonald's drive-through.  He was shot for being a drugs.  That's not a capital offense.  It's still murder.

Professional police would know that nobody, cop or otherwise, is ever allowed to shoot a person in the back.  One does not accidently load a gun.  It is a deliberate act, indicating intent to kill something.  The murder is, thus, first degree and carries the possibiloty of the death sentence; although, I think life would be more appropriate.

Doug

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

That's my answer to your speculation that police were shooting at me.  Instead, it was a bunch of (non-police) idiots with guns.

I have noticed that you don't hear or see competent hunters out in the woods.  Maybe that's because good hunters obey the laws and safety rules, so they don't attract attention.  On the other hand, the people I meet out in the woods are usually trespassing when I meet them.  They're already breaking one law, so breaking some more doesn't bother them.

Doug

Ok So whats that go to do with police murdering blacks?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, quillius said:

he hasnt a clue.....see below my one and only exchange with him, to which I havent responded as there too much to correct! He knows nothing about the case and even quotes an aspect from the Floyd incident...confusing things much?

sounds to me very much like another person that is simply influenced by headlines without any research into the events

This isn't just about the Floyd case, it is about cops killing people all over the country. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2020/

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2019/

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2018/

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2017/

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2016/

https://killedbypolice.net/kbp2015/

So much for the routine part.  Cops killed an average of about three people a day over the last 5.5 years.

There have been five police convicted of murder in the last four years:  two each in 2018 and 2019 and one in 2016.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari/watch/u-s-police-are-rarely-convicted-of-murder-here-s-why-and-how-that-may-change-in-2020-84508229676

I googled "police charged with murder" and got six hits.

The legal system usually lets police off the hook, even when they are obviously guilty.  That has to change.

Doug

So... You have no real evidence. Just your opinion that much of the people killed are actually being murdered...

If a officer is obviously guilty, usually the evidence will show it. If the officer gets off on a technicality, that's not uncommon for many criminal trials. Sounds like a legislative issue to me, not an enforcement issue.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

This isn't just about the Floyd case, it is about cops killing people all over the country. 

thats not my point, read his post....you asked another to be specific about what posts/points make no sense....

when he talks about laser rather than taser, doesnt even know he fought police and took the taser etc etc and then decides to say the part about counterfeit note being added later to story.....  says it all.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doug

Yeah, I have had experience with hunters that don't care about the law or other's rights.  When I was a teenager my parents ran a kennel (boarding and grooming) and behind it we had 4 acres of scrub where a family of quail lived that my father watched and cared for.  Behind that was another 4 acres of empty land.   A hunter with 4 hunting dogs in the back of his pickup came to ask permission to hunt quail in our back acreage.  My mother told him now, and explained that those quail were protected, that we had dogs and kids, a goat and a mule in that four acres and no hunting would be allowed.  He left and 30 minutes later my brother came running to me because a man was throwing hunting dogs over the back fence.  Our poodles (hunting dogs, not lap dogs) had the man's dogs up against the fence when I got there, 5 poodles and 3 hounds with the man standing on the fence holding the fourth dog and his rifle over his shoulder.  I told him to get off the fence and leave that he was trespassing.  He was very angry!  On what planet do you ask permission and then defy the no you get?  Especially because he could see that there were children playing where he wanted to hunt.  I told my brothers to take the hounds and put them in kennels and I told the man to come talk to my mother if he wanted to get his dogs back. 

The poodles stayed with me until he put the one dog in the back of the pickup and drove off.

I told my mother she needed to call the sheriff, but she didn't.  I also would have charged him a kennel fee for his dogs.  I don't know what conversation they had but he left with his dogs and we never saw him again. 

That is just one experience.  There are those who think the laws, common sense and courtesy do not apply to them and there are those that know they do.

It is true for police officers as well, some don't think the laws, rules, common sense or courtesy apply to them.  That is what needs to change.  They are easy to spot and it could be as easy as washing them out at training, or not hiring them in the first place.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Your first quote says:  "While the violence is receding...."

If it weren't for protesters and rioters we wouldn't be a nation:  we'd still be a British colony.  Protest is part and parcel of democracy.  If we are to remain a democracy, we need it.

Peaceful protest is allowed under the Constitution. Rioting is a crime. 

Violence is receding. To the good. BUT.... The headlines were that if the Feds left violence would go away. Three days latter, theres still riots.

What do you think the Boston Massacre was?  A mob started throwing snowballs at British troops patrolling the street.  The troops fired into the crowd, killing, among others, a black man.

At that time, Massachusetts was still a British colony.  It came out at trial that the troops had double-shotted their muskets.  Firing two balls instead of one makes a larger wound, making it more likely that the victim will die.  Nothing has changed in almost 250 years.

Doug

Let me just quote an article i read this morning...

National Review: The Portland Protests: My Second Night on the Ground.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/08/portland-protests-my-second-night-on-the-ground/

Then, as the video below shows, a white man with a shield and helmet charged at that same door. He slammed the butt of the shield against the garage door, causing it to ripple and sway. 

It is at this moment that a black BLM activist rounded the corner of the building on SW Salmon Street and began to berate the man assaulting the garage.

He turns tail across the street while she follows him, asking, “How does this save my life?” She repeatedly asks him to explain the point of his attack on the door, going on to say, “Why are you antagonizing these people?” 

Rioting was needed preRevolution due to the KING not giving a care. Here in Portland theres a collaberatist liberal government, willing to work with protesters. Apples and Oranges, my friend.

36 minutes ago, WVK said:

Ok So whats that go to do with police murdering blacks?

You tell me as you are the one who brought it up in the first place.

Doug

• The topic was locked