Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Current rioting


WVK
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Weeks before the actual school was burnt down.

.....by a young Catholic boy? :unsure2:

 

Edited by acute
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't see an infant being used as shield.  I did see a woman with a toddler, but she wasn't using it as a shield.  Make no mistake it shouldn't be around cops that were using tear gas and flash grenades.  I'd chalk it up to bad judgment.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

In my school we weren't allowed a dictionary,in fact the dictionary was one of the first books that was put in the pyre of fake knowledge.

Weeks before the actual school was burnt down.

Happy days.

We had multiple dictionaries at home, and they never burned the ones in the library.  Did you have a public library?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, acute said:

Traffic has 2 'f's and no 'k' --- and Frigg has 2 'g's. :tu:

Narr..frigg is spelt correctly.

Actually looking at it now,you may be right.

And here's me with an english grade 2 thinking I'm some kind of frigin genius.

When i describe my old school to the wife,she thinks of that film kes,

Dunno why,when i think of my old school i think of that movie scum,without the rape of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe people are condoning taking any child into what has obviously been a volatile situation for a month.

human shield...

noun

a person or group of people held near a potential target to deter attack.

https://www.lexico.com/definition/human_shield

You couldn't pay me to be caught within ten miles from where this kind of BS is happening.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Dude that's how all urban toilets look, I live in a friggin' ski town in Colorado and the Breckenridge public toilet by the book store looks like its ground zero for a sharpie factory blowing up.

Salem is a ski town in Colorado?  You said you lived in Salem earlier, I believe in this very thread.

Edited by OverSword
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

I didn't see an infant being used as shield.  I did see a woman with a toddler, but she wasn't using it as a shield.  Make no mistake it shouldn't be around cops that were using tear gas and flash grenades.  I'd chalk it up to bad judgment.

Then you didn't see the part where she tried to get him to walk between the police and the protesters.  That clearly happened.  Shortly before that (in the video) you could see the police firing rubber bullets out the door ricocheting off the sidewalk where that kid was walking in the shot near the end.  Pay attention.

Edit: around 2:40 in the linked video.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We had multiple dictionaries at home, and they never burned the ones in the library.  Did you have a public library?

Yes,we had a public library.

But when i looked for a book i tended to look for fiction,horror,or autobiography.

Dictionaries were pretty far down on my list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Then you didn't see the part where she tried to get him to walk between the police and the protesters.  That clearly happened.  Shortly before that you could see the police firing rubber bullets out the door ricocheting off the sidewalk where that kid was walking in the shot near the end.  Pay attention.

Can you actually say she was using it as a shield and not bad judgment?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Can you actually say she was using it as a shield and not bad judgment?

I can say both I think.  She picked it up and walked away when the videographer called it out but right before that was encouraging the baby to walk between cops and protesters as you hear the police telling them to get off federal property.

Let's be real, we live in a time when CPS has been called on people for letting eight year olds play in the park, this is outrageous behavior on the part of this parent.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would think she would have the sense to not bring a toddler to a protest about police injustices.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, diddyman68 said:

Yes,we had a public library.

But when i looked for a book i tended to look for fiction,horror,or autobiography.

Dictionaries were pretty far down on my list.

I  have always loved words.  I loved the dictionary, and I read mostly sci fi, and science books.  But my family used a lot of multi-syllable words and made fun of us if we spelled a word incorrectly.   School was easy compared to that.  My cousin sometimes apologizes for typo's in her emails that she  notices after she clicks send, our mothers raised us the same way.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoldenWolf said:

You would think she would have the sense to not bring a toddler to a protest about police injustices.....

You would think a lot of people have more sense than they do.  :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverSword said:

I can say both I think.  She picked it up and walked away when the videographer called it out but right before that was encouraging the baby to walk between cops and protesters as you hear the police telling them to get off federal property.

Perhaps the real question should be, how did the cops react to the baby in the crowd? Did they jeopardize the baby when they went into head busting mode without provocation?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I  have always loved words.  I loved the dictionary, and I read mostly sci fi, and science books.  But my family used a lot of multi-syllable words and made fun of us if we spelled a word incorrectly.   School was easy compared to that.  My cousin sometimes apologizes for typo's in her emails that she  notices after she clicks send, our mothers raised us the same way.

That's totaly krazy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

You would think a lot of people have more sense than they do.  :lol:

Kinda like if posting on Twitter causes you a bunch of grief at work, you may think to quit posting there? Just saying POTUS...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Perhaps the real question should be, how did the cops react to the baby in the crowd? Did they jeopardize the baby when they went into head busting mode without provocation?

Exactly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, acute said:

.....by a young Catholic boy? :unsure2:

 

Nope my school was mainly protestant,never mind the religion,it was full of psychos,teachers included.

The psycyo school across the road that we used to fight with every year decided to burn there school down.

So the psycho kids in my school decided to do the same thing.

My school was more about survival than education.

Sorry about spelling mistakes,but i was more concerned with not getting my throat slit.

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Sorry if I wasn't supposed to find that funny, but I think Scousers and Brummies share a humour gene. :tsu:)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Nope my school was mainly protestant,never mind the religion,it was full of psychos,teachers included.

The psycyo school across the road that we used to fight with every year decided to burn there school down.

So the psycho kids in my school decided to do the same thing.

My school was more about survival than education.

Sorry about spelling mistakes,but i was more concerned with not getting my throat slit.

On the plus side.the rugby team were undefeated for the full 5years i was there,

Never lost a single game.bunch of friging animals .imagine 15 tyson furys,

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Right, because fighting against people trying to expand civil rights in this country has always gone swimmingly for those folks in the history books. That's why you've got Barry Goldwater and George Wallace as national heroes, its not like they're shameful remnants of a past we were supposed to of left behind in the 70s...

Just curious... what makes you think George C Wallace is or was a national hero?  More importantly, which "civil rights" are strengthened by tearing down statues of George WASHINGTON, Thomas Jefferson or Frederick Douglass?  Everyone has a right to form their own opinions about BLM and IMO... as soon as they began looting, burning and pillaging any historical monument they came across, they showed who they REALLY are.  

A couple of days ago, a young mother was shot in the head for saying "all lives matter".  Those who attacked her had been shouting "black lives matter".  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Perhaps the real question should be, how did the cops react to the baby in the crowd? Did they jeopardize the baby when they went into head busting mode without provocation?

Since they didn't shoot, tear gas or taze the baby or his stupid mother the answer should be obvious.  Did you watch the video or just post using other peoples posts as your source of information?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Since they didn't shoot, tear gas or taze the baby or his stupid mother the answer should be obvious.  Did you watch the video or just post other peoples posts as your source of information?

You see a political advantage by using this woman, I see cops busting heads for no reason. Funny how this woman is being used for a political agenda by drawing attention away from cops abusing their power yet again. Let's talk about the people who unwittingly get trapped in the crowd with their kids trying to get home. Been quite a few of those,  but for some reason not talked about.  Yes I watched the vid. I watch them all. I read all the links that are provided in every thread. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Trumptards. My point still stands. Regardless of how or why she brought the baby, the cops still endangered the child by attacking the protesters with no provocation. 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, and then said:

Just curious... what makes you think George C Wallace is or was a national hero?  More importantly, which "civil rights" are strengthened by tearing down statues of George WASHINGTON, Thomas Jefferson or Frederick Douglass?  Everyone has a right to form their own opinions about BLM and IMO... as soon as they began looting, burning and pillaging any historical monument they came across, they showed who they REALLY are.  

A couple of days ago, a young mother was shot in the head for saying "all lives matter".  Those who attacked her had been shouting "black lives matter".  

Citation please. Your political posting history speaks for itself. Not to mention your habit of leaving important details out of you posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think that video showed the correct context.  People were protesting, The police made it into a riot, I did  not see anyone attacking police, just shouting and running.  The babies were not being used as shields.  Typical manipulative reporting.

That was hardly a peaceful protest.  The crowd made it into a riot.  And to be fair, I only saw one baby being used just like the Palestinians do.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.