Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Current rioting

WVK

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Alas, you also seem to be missing the mark.  Obama is long gone and I didn't vote for him.  Whataboutism isn't changing my point all.  We are in day 51 or so of the protests/riots and the current president is only inciting it further.  I mean, I guess if you like all the chaos that is going on, the by all means let's keep him for another four years.  Lord knows the "civil/race war" posters on the various forums and comments sections of new outlets seem positively giddy over what's going on. 

Most of us don't give a damn because it's Leftists attacking Leftists and if they don't want to defend themselves and their cities, then screw'em.  They've all said they don't want his help. The voters in those cities can take their revenge on their elected officials at the polls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Most of us don't give a damn because it's Leftists attacking Leftists and if they don't want to defend themselves and their cities, then screw'em.  They've all said they don't want his help. The voters in those cities can take their revenge on their elected officials at the polls.

I guess that's the difference between you and me.  You see the above. 

What I see when you say that is:  Most of us don't give a damn because it's Americans attacking Americans and if they don't want to defend themselves and their cities, then screw'em.  They've all said they don't want his help. The voters in those cities can take their revenge on their elected officials at the polls.

One of us is thinking about their "tribe" and the other is thinking of their nation as  a whole.  I think the biggest problem is people choosing Trump because they think he represents their "Tribe" and are happy that he hurts those that they feel don't belong in it.  For you it's leftists.  For the white supremacists is blacks and minorities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

The voters in those cities can take their revenge on their elected officials at the polls.

Either that or they can wallow in filth of their own making.  Not a PENNY should be given to help them clean up after they refused help at the outset.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

What I see when you say that is:  Most of us don't give a damn because it's Americans attacking Americans and if they don't want to defend themselves and their cities, then screw'em.  They've all said they don't want his help. The voters in those cities can take their revenge on their elected officials at the polls.

One of us is thinking about their "tribe" and the other is thinking of their nation as  a whole.  I think the biggest problem is people choosing Trump because they think he represents their "Tribe" and are happy that he hurts those that they feel don't belong in it.  For you it's leftists.  For the white supremacists is blacks and minorities. 

It's no one's fault but Democrat's if they attack and loot and pillage each other and do nothing  and refuse Federal aid to do something about it. You can stuff your hypocritical piety, too' cause you sure the He'll don't see Trump supporter as part of your cancel culture, politically correct tribe either. The bull***** artistry of Liberals knows no bounds as they refuse to take responsibility for their actions and inactions. Meanwhile, in Republican America life goes on, more or less normally, save for the Pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Alas, you also seem to be missing the mark.  Obama is long gone and I didn't vote for him.  Whataboutism isn't changing my point all.  We are in day 51 or so of the protests/riots and the current president is only inciting it further.  I mean, I guess if you like all the chaos that is going on, the by all means let's keep him for another four years.  Lord knows the "civil/race war" posters on the various forums and comments sections of new outlets seem positively giddy over what's going on. 

Wasn't talking about Obama brother, clearly stated his VP, which is your other option. What has Joe said that makes you think he'd do anything different as president right now? I'll grant you VP has very little say, but I've yet to see anything from Obama on Joe or Joe on Obama that indicates we can expect anything different than we saw from 2009-2016. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

If you truly think that white supremacists or true racists make up any significant portion of Trump's support, white America or police, then perhaps I also missed the mark on you being a fair thinker. Do some exist, of course. Must we weed them out of positions of power, absolutely. But you'll note the only people who typically receive this label are white Christian Conservatives who won't bow at the feet of black strangers in the street or rubber stamp/cheerlead for the things that the left does.

Meanwhile, the left is great at talk tracks, but WTF have they legitimately done for urban blacks other than pander? If I grant you anything, white Republicans at worst are apathetic all the time, which is still better than apathetic from day after election until start of next election campaign with a lot of ass-kissing in between. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

If you truly think that white supremacists or true racists make up any significant portion of Trump's support, white America or police, then perhaps I also missed the mark on you being a fair thinker. Do some exist, of course. Must we weed them out of positions of power, absolutely. But you'll note the only people who typically receive this label are white Christian Conservatives who won't bow at the feet of black strangers in the street or rubber stamp/cheerlead for the things that the left does.

Meanwhile, the left is great at talk tracks, but WTF have they legitimately done for urban blacks other than pander? If I grant you anything, white Republicans at worst are apathetic all the time, which is still better than apathetic from day after election until start of next election campaign with a lot of ass-kissing in between. 

These riots aren't anything new.  We have decades of it and the knowledge of what settled them down and what agitated it more.   Obama for his faults settled his riots peacefully.  This current bout is being fueled instead of being let die out.

As for the white supremacists- they almost universally stand behind Trump.  (I have encountered one that was going the libertarian route because Trump's in-laws were Jewish and his anti-Semitic views were leading him to believe Trump was a puppet of a Jewish globalist cabal......)  Not divesting himself of these people leads the rest of the world as seeing his supporters standing shoulder to shoulder with them.  The only reason I brought them up is because they are currently a faction that desires these riots and this outcome we are receiving.  Being Trump's supporters, their words reach his ear more than the protestors.

As for the urban blacks- yup, nothing has been done.  But have you been to Portland?  It's not black people that are fighting, rioting and looting.  This isn't even about BLM anymore but rather a general discontent and desire to take down the entire corrupt system.  It would be fine it it was just one city but we are having protests even here in small town Iowa. (even with Republican mayors)

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's no one's fault but Democrat's if they attack and loot and pillage each other and do nothing  and refuse Federal aid to do something about it. You can stuff your hypocritical piety, too' cause you sure the He'll don't see Trump supporter as part of your cancel culture, politically correct tribe either. The bull***** artistry of Liberals knows no bounds as they refuse to take responsibility for their actions and inactions. Meanwhile, in Republican America life goes on, more or less normally, save for the Pandemic.

Yeah, yeah.  Death to the democrats!  This is your state though right? https://tennesseelookout.com/2020/05/30/nashville-courthouse-burns-as-peaceful-protest-turns-into-violent-riot/

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, yeah.  Death to the democrats!  This is your state though right? https://tennesseelookout.com/2020/05/30/nashville-courthouse-burns-as-peaceful-protest-turns-into-violent-riot/

Dude, if 300,000 people are marching and rioting across the country, that's only 1 in every 1100 Americans. Do the math. We crush riots here and there's rarely a repeat. You might want to read the article instead of gloating over it. I'm proud of my State's quick response to the violence by confronting it, head on. I'm also proud of my fellow Volunteers who denounced the violence perpetrated by outsiders under the cover of their peaceful protest. Nashville nor and other Tennessee city will ever be a Portland, Minneapolis or Seattle.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dude, if 300,000 people are marching and rioting across the country, that's only 1 in every 1100 Americans. Do the math. We crush riots here and there's rarely a repeat.

How many ISIS took over Mosul?  Iraq?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Mosul

And no we don't crush riots here.  We have that Constitution thing that stops us.  You are probably old enough for Kent State.  Did that work or did it just make everything worse?

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

How many ISIS took over Mosul?  Iraq?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Mosul

And no we don't crush riots here.  We have that Constitution thing that stops us.  You are probably old enough for Kent State.  Did that work or did it just make everything worse?

This isn't the '60s and we punish crime here. Breaking the law is breaking the law- and no one gets a pass. We confront force with superior force. So take your moralistic BS and stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

This isn't the '60s and we punish crime here. Breaking the law is breaking the law- and no one gets a pass. We confront force with superior force. So take your moralistic BS and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Are you in a nursing home by chance?   The real world has prisoners being let out because of Corona Virus and a President breaking every rule and law from copyright infringement to charity fraud......

and uh, superior force huh? https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/06/02/tennessee-national-guard-troops-lay-down-riot-shields-at-protesters-request/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

This isn't the '60s and we punish crime here. Breaking the law is breaking the law- and no one gets a pass. 

Unless you worked for the president's election campaign, of course...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

BS Meyter.jpg

meter1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

These riots aren't anything new.  We have decades of it and the knowledge of what settled them down and what agitated it more.   Obama for his faults settled his riots peacefully.  This current bout is being fueled instead of being let die out.

As for the white supremacists- they almost universally stand behind Trump.  (I have encountered one that was going the libertarian route because Trump's in-laws were Jewish and his anti-Semitic views were leading him to believe Trump was a puppet of a Jewish globalist cabal......)  Not divesting himself of these people leads the rest of the world as seeing his supporters standing shoulder to shoulder with them.  The only reason I brought them up is because they are currently a faction that desires these riots and this outcome we are receiving.  Being Trump's supporters, their words reach his ear more than the protestors.

As for the urban blacks- yup, nothing has been done.  But have you been to Portland?  It's not black people that are fighting, rioting and looting.  This isn't even about BLM anymore but rather a general discontent and desire to take down the entire corrupt system.  It would be fine it it was just one city but we are having protests even here in small town Iowa. (even with Republican mayors)

True and true! Don't know that I would say Obama settled them, I would say they just lost their energy, but I'll accept that premise. What I do not accept is any blame of Trump for the current fueling. When politicians crusade to transform America, to defund or "distribute funds elsewhere" re:police, and when they tell the folks go ahead and tear down history, THAT is what is fueling things.

Again, I won't argue the point about white supremacists. What I will argue is their number and magnitude. They are a one-off, irrelevant, something to divert attention to. One thing I can tell you having a few racist a-holes in my life, the day Trump bragged about having the lowest black unemployment rate in history would have lost every single racist white supremacist supporter he had. Truly racist white people want blacks to be extinct, they certainly don't want to see them succeeding. Unsure why you think Trump hates black people, but I doubt anything I say will convince you otherwise, so I digress.

As for Portland, the reason why black people aren't fighting is because Portland is 76% white and 6% black. And frankly it never was about BLM, discontentment or corruption. It's about a bunch of spoiled, woke white kids following the direction of the people they look up to, which is leftists who demand that they are the only people who should ever be in power. I respect your opinion because I think it comes from your intellect rather than emotion. I just adamantly disagree. I grew up in a HS of 1000 with only six black kids in the whole building. I hung out with three and was close with another. I played hoops in the roughest part of small town Illinois and downtown STL where I was literally the only white kid around. And some didn't want me there. Some white kids in our school, mostly ignorant stoners, called the black kids what you'd expect. Sometimes the black kids tuned them up for it, only once did I do so. Not because I was woke or better than anyone, but because even back then, I hated ignorance. Point is, I grew up seeing a lot of true racism and never fully comprehended it until well into adulthood even though I was a fairly street-smart honors student (who luckily could hoop and box a littlle). These Antifa nitwits, I saw a throng of them when the POS Westboro showed up in the metro area. Honestly, if you were standing next to me that day, we'd both be commenting on two ignorant groups of people who are there solely for the spectacle of it. Of course, then we'd likely laugh at ourselves for our reason for being there...to watch the spectacle of it. I spoke to one masked skater kid, asked him what the hell was his point was and he honestly said, "dunno, I just like to mess with people". I just can't abide a notion that these goofs have a single ounce of nobility in what they are doing. 

Now I have two college age sons and I can tell you in a school that is 75-25 w/b that this generation is both the most open to all types of people and the most brutal in their pointed humor at those very same kids and vice versa. LGBT kids dog the straight kids and take the return of fire willingly. Blacks, Hispanics...same. Truth is, Asian kids give and take more crap than anyone. The normal everyday kids just don't get too worked up about stuff - rarely is there ever tension. There was a local rally for George Floyd organized by a HS student and there were far more white kids there than black. But it was 100% peaceful, cops, punks, honor students and kids that have likely faced racism in their youth - everyone coming together as one with police. The point is, those doing the rioting are the fringe of the woke liberal left, too young to truly comprehend the struggles of blacks or how the system is corrupt or not fair. They are rioting because no one in their circle is telling them to stop and the last person on the planet they would listen to is the guy their elders hate more than anyone in history. I see at least three videos per day of black young people attacking white people at the airport, parents with kids in their arms, elderly folks minding their own business. Where are black elders calling that out? White kids who are obviously clueless about history tearing down statues of people they likely never even heard of before that day they showed up. Where are their parents and leaders? They're cheerleading for more.

So, we agree this is no longer about BLM and for most, it never was. We know this solely because the questions that truly inquire about the value of black lives get ignored. And I am not saying anything new here, speaking out of turn as a white guy. There are many black men in this country who think as I do, who challenge blacks to stop blaming people and accepting the role Democrats have given them as victims. They lived it, experienced it, know it like the back of their hand. Why are they shouted down by the same politicians and leaders who are claiming no one cares about black people?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Setton said:

Unless you worked for the president's election campaign, of course...

Nope you answer to the law and maybe get pardoned if you're old and frail in health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

There were about 300 protesters in my city six weeks ago. It has dwindled down to about fifty. Of those, they blocked a major intersection, standing in the way of an ambulance getting to a traffic accident. Since then, arrests have been made and warrants have been put out for the people identified on social media.

• Like 4

Just now, acidhead said:

Ted Wheeler has everything under control

--->

Yeah those silly civil rights of protesters, getting in the way of throwing people in vans and dragging them to black sites. Don't they realize that the Fu-I mean president, has an election to win?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Ted Wheeler has everything under control

--->

50 Straight days of unrest, rioting and disruptions and he doesn't "feel comfortable" with the Feds doing something about it.  The means being used are the least invasive and most geared toward the least amount of force and potential injury to others.  What his words translate to is - how dare you come here and arrest lawbreakers.  I expect the idiot will get over it in time.  Black-bagging is exactly the way to handle this childish group of misfits.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, acidhead said:

In Democrat ran streets... Poorly managed. Feel good policies for complex problems. They create their own chaos.

Exactly.  The chaos and turmoil during Trump's time is all caused by the "resistance"  Let them wallow in it.  The rest of the country see what's going on.

2 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah those silly civil rights of protesters, getting in the way of throwing people in vans and dragging them to black sites. Don't they realize that the Fu-I mean president, has an election to win?

So... you think 50 straight days of "protests" should be allowed, along with some deaths and destruction of private and public property?  Wait... of course you do.  Those gallant punks are given a brief time-out.  They're questioned and released.  Taking them singly reduces the chance of others being harmed.  Drama much?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, and then said:

Exactly.  The chaos and turmoil during Trump's time is all caused by the "resistance"  Let them wallow in it.  The rest of the country see what's going on.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked