Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
oslove

How I experience death.

83 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

oslove

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
31 minutes ago, oslove said:

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

Dead people do not breathe or snore. Your existence is assured, even when you sleep.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
36 minutes ago, oslove said:

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

It was just deep dreamless sleep. 

https://www.livescience.com/56788-dreamless-sleep-consciousness-states.html

https://www.sciencealert.com/your-consciousness-does-not-switch-off-during-a-dreamless-sleep-say-scientists

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oslove said:

What do you guys here say?

In my Advaita Vedanta (Hindu) philosophy there are three states of consciousness waking, dreaming and deep sleep. In deep sleep we are above the thinking mind but conscious (not dead).

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 hours ago, oslove said:

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

Are you Kenny?

 

latest?cb=20160409020502

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Sleep is how we practice for death. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sleep is how we practice for death. 

there is no practice for death.....

you live.....

.....you die....

2 hours ago, oslove said:

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

sleep is a living experience.   There is no death experience.   Every fiber of one's awareness is 'alive'.  Death has no awareness.  It's pretty final.

And unlike sleep, which we know we will do on a daily basis...one never will know when death happens, and will have no awareness that death has happened.  You don't 'die' the 'death'.  You die.  Final.   No mas.  Es todo. If you believe it isn't final, it's only because you were taught that from birth.       

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
13 hours ago, Piney said:

It was just deep dreamless sleep. 

And even in my deepest and most solid dreamless sleep, even though I was unconscious and don't remember anything I still don't liken it to being dead.  I've had a couple surgical procedures under general anesthesia, that to me seems a lot more like being dead.  Even with the deepest sleep I wake up feeling like my brain has been doing something while I was asleep even though I don't have access to the specifics.  With anesthesia it's just nothingness, there's just a black hole where that time should be.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
11 hours ago, joc said:

there is no practice for death.....

Isn't death the great sleep? Where consciousness is lost and the eternal dreamless slumber begins. Never will we awaken again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
19 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And even in my deepest and most solid dreamless sleep, even though I was unconscious and don't remember anything I still don't liken it to being dead.  I've had a couple surgical procedures under general anesthesia, that to me seems a lot more like being dead.  Even with the deepest sleep I wake up feeling like my brain has been doing something while I was asleep even though I don't have access to the specifics.  With anesthesia it's just nothingness, there's just a black hole where that time should be.

There's nothing like waking up from surgery.

I heard I provided some serious entertainment after major surgeries. :unsure2:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oslove
Posted (edited)
Quote

How I experience death.

Death is extinction of my existence, yet I return time and again from my extinction...

By oslove, #1 14 hours ago in Philosophy and Psychology _______________________________

 

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

 

 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/338152-how-i-experience-death/#replyForm[/quote]

 

[/quote]

 

 

Dear posters, thanks a lot for your replies.

Please bear with me, you see I am talking about my experience in a way [or lack of experience] when I have many hours of most profound dreamless sleep, and when I wake up I notice that I had slept for so many hours like almost 12 hours, and I don't have any memory of any experiences at all, not even any dreams whatsoever - wherefore those 12 hours of my purely biological existence but not conscious existence, that to me is equivalent to extinction of my existence during those 12 hours of most profound dreamless sleep.

How do I know that I was unconscious for 12 hours? Because I remember that I went to bed to sleep it was say 0843 hours, and upon waking up my watch reads 2043 hours.

So, dear posters, please bear with me, do you or have you ever had such a kind of 'experience', which I call or can describe as an experience of death, even of extinction from existence insofar as conscious existence is always the only existence by which we know we do exist.

 

Edited by oslove
Wrong quotation-ing, still can't fix... sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oslove

Dear posters, please bear with me, I am talking about mine and yours personal experience of no memory at all during the time of most profound dreamless sleep, not about how you feel or experience afterwards, and not what observers noticed how you exhibited actions and postures and sounds, etc. while in most profound dreamless sleep, so deep that you DON'T have any memory of any experiences at all during the time lapse of your most profound dreamless sleep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear posters, please bear with me, I am talking about mine and yours personal experience of no memory at all during the time of most profound dreamless sleep, not about how you feel or experience afterwards, and not what observers noticed how you exhibited actions and postures and sounds, etc. while in most profound dreamless sleep, so deep that you DON'T have any memory of any experiences at all during the time lapse of your most profound dreamless sleep.

Maybe we are not understanding the heart of the issue you want to discuss about the deep sleep state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oslove
39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Maybe we are not understanding the heart of the issue you want to discuss about the deep sleep state.

 

That requires that you realize upon waking up that so many hours have lapsed from the time point when you went to sleep and the time point when you waked up.

You see, experience can be positive or negative, positive experience is for example: you experience the act of eating at say from you physically eating consciously from one point in time to another point in time when you stop eating.

Negative experience in re eating is when you are not eating now.

We don't have a positive experience of death, but yes a positive experience of what to you is a dying process you are undergoing, but you did not die, so that is not a positive experience of death at all.

In the case of having been in most profound dreamless sleep, you experienced you went to bed to sleep and waited for sleep to occur, that is point 1 in time when you fell asleep, then you experienced waking up which experience of waking up is at point 2 in time, point 1 and point 2 are positive experiences.

Now, what about your experience during the time lapse between point 1 and point 2 of your most profound dreamless sleep?

That is a time lapse of no consciousness at all in you of yourself and of everything else apart from yourself, that time lapse I submit can be called the negative experience of death.

On that basis we do have an experience of death, but a negative experience, insofar as consciousness with man is life, and no consciousness is death or extinction of life, or yes even extinction of existence i.e. animate existence.

Now, in most profound dreamless sleep you are alive like say as like a vegetable, as such from observation mankind knows that vegetative condition in a human as when he is in most profound dreamless sleep, that vegetative condition can and does regularly transit into conscious human existence, wherefore you have returned from death.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Is there a point to this thread? What are you wanting us to tell you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't death the great sleep? Where consciousness is lost and the eternal dreamless slumber begins. Never will we awaken again.

That is very poetic....but no...death is not the 'great sleep'.  There is no 'great sleep'.  Sleep...implies life.  Death...implies death.  Slumber...implies sleep...which implies life.

Death is the end of Consciousness...the end of the body living, breathing, sleeping waking.  It is total.  It is final.  You no longer exist.  You will never exist again.  You are ...dead.

But for centuries on end, since the beginning of time, poets have waxed eloquently on the subject of death.  It is an enigma that really shouldn't be.   We swat flies.  Death.  We spray ants.  Death.  We raise animals to eat.  Death.  Spider, Monkey, Lion, Elephant, Oak Tree, Weed.  Life exists in an almost seemingly infinite number of forms.   And every form dies.  Gone.  Forgotten.  Not sleeping.  Not resting.  Just...gone.   Forever.  And yet...life continues on.  Kind of interesting.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
11 hours ago, oslove said:

So, dear posters, please bear with me, do you or have you ever had such a kind of 'experience', which I call or can describe as an experience of death, even of extinction from existence insofar as conscious existence is always the only existence by which we know we do exist.

Me thinks you think to much about things of little consequence.   You are playing silly mind games with yourself.  Wasting your precious time chasing your tail...when you could be doing something really important...like...studying why people are so damn stupid these days!  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
23 hours ago, oslove said:

In the case of having been in most profound dreamless sleep, you experienced you went to bed to sleep and waited for sleep to occur, that is point 1 in time when you fell asleep, then you experienced waking up which experience of waking up is at point 2 in time, point 1 and point 2 are positive experiences.

Now, what about your experience during the time lapse between point 1 and point 2 of your most profound dreamless sleep?

That is a time lapse of no consciousness at all in you of yourself and of everything else apart from yourself, that time lapse I submit can be called the negative experience of death.

On that basis we do have an experience of death, but a negative experience, insofar as consciousness with man is life, and no consciousness is death or extinction of life, or yes even extinction of existence i.e. animate existence.

Now, in most profound dreamless sleep you are alive like say as like a vegetable, as such from observation mankind knows that vegetative condition in a human as when he is in most profound dreamless sleep, that vegetative condition can and does regularly transit into conscious human existence, wherefore you have returned from death.

It's very difficult to find your point in this, I have trouble because your assignment of 'negative' and 'positive' doesn't seem to have much rhyme or reason to it.  The only rule I'm really seeing is that if you are conscious, that's positive, and if you're not, that's negative.  You can of course use whatever terminology you want, but if you say something is a 'negative experience', people are going to take that as meaning a bad experience, which doesn't make sense with other things you are saying.  If as you say sleeping can be called 'the negative experience of death', then the negative experience of death isn't a bad thing at all; if you don't believe me, don't sleep for 48 hours, you'll probably recognize what a positive experience sleep is after only 24.

Sleep is not the same as being a 'vegetable' or in a coma, those are not the same brain states, and without sleep you'll go insane and die.  Generally, doctors recommend people get as much sleep as they can, so not seeing how there's anything negative about it actually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oslove

Thanks everyone for your replies.

 

Let us work together as to concur on what is existence for a living human as compared to a human cadaver, is that all right with you?

 

As I am the author of this thread I will volunteer to propose what is on my honest intelligent productive thinking is existence from the part of a living human.

(1) Existence with a living human is in concept that the entity called a living human as opposed to a human cadaver is possessed of consciousness, so that when a living human is not possessed of consciousness, he is in the state of death, and (2) death is the extinction of existence for a human entity - because in death there is no consciousness.

Wherefore profound dreamless sleep being a state of unconsciousness is equivalent to death for being a state of unconsciousness in the sleeping subject.

 

When you reply to the present post, please take the time and labor to work on your concept or definition of what is existence for a living human, and what is death.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
35 minutes ago, oslove said:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

 

Let us work together as to concur on what is existence for a living human as compared to a human cadaver, is that all right with you?

 

As I am the author of this thread I will volunteer to propose what is on my honest intelligent productive thinking is existence from the part of a living human.

(1) Existence with a living human is in concept that the entity called a living human as opposed to a human cadaver is possessed of consciousness, so that when a living human is not possessed of consciousness, he is in the state of death, and (2) death is the extinction of existence for a human entity - because in death there is no consciousness.

Wherefore profound dreamless sleep being a state of unconsciousness is equivalent to death for being a state of unconsciousness in the sleeping subject.

 

When you reply to the present post, please take the time and labor to work on your concept or definition of what is existence for a living human, and what is death.

.

Why do  you seek to make something that is so simple, so complicated?   Humans live, humans die.  There is no after life.  There is no after death consciousness awaking.  There is no door in which we traverse into yet another life game.  One life..gone.  It's simple.  Why must you complicate the simple with unnecessary thought process?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
18 minutes ago, joc said:

Why do  you seek to make something that is so simple, so complicated?   Humans live, humans die.  There is no after life.  There is no after death consciousness awaking.  There is no door in which we traverse into yet another life game.  One life..gone.  It's simple.  Why must you complicate the simple with unnecessary thought process?

It's a round about way of getting to a first cause argument. He does this every 6-8 months. He has the conclusion he wants, he did before he started this thread. 

I predict a Trainwreck thread. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbCAtcfKmPOSlw6nyqKnU

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

It's a round about way of getting to a first cause argument. He does this every 6-8 months. He has the conclusion he wants, he did before he started this thread. 

I predict a Trainwreck thread. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbCAtcfKmPOSlw6nyqKnU

 

Train wrecks are messy!  I don't like messy!  

Thanks...that pretty much splains it!  Got to go the 'round about way'  because the direct point approach doesn't hold much water.  Tricksters...us hateses them...doesn't we my precious?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oslove

Well, there are issues that are never resolved, will we ever come to establish peace and prosperity for everyone.

 

So, even though many will insist that others stop, it is still the ever aspiration of homo sapiens to come to conclusion on what is the experience of death.

And my submission is that mankind experiences death in the negative mode - every time we have had a most profound dreamless sleep, and we also awake afterwards, that is what I might call a return from death.

It can also occur but rarely that a person does not ever awake, in which case he will no longer be in any condition to engage in the speculation what is the experience of death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
10 hours ago, oslove said:

Well, there are issues that are never resolved, will we ever come to establish peace and prosperity for everyone.

 

So, even though many will insist that others stop, it is still the ever aspiration of homo sapiens to come to conclusion on what is the experience of death.

And my submission is that mankind experiences death in the negative mode - every time we have had a most profound dreamless sleep, and we also awake afterwards, that is what I might call a return from death.

It can also occur but rarely that a person does not ever awake, in which case he will no longer be in any condition to engage in the speculation what is the experience of death.

These are not even 'issues'.  We will never establish peace and prosperity for everyone.   Resolved.

We tend to think of death negatively because we love people who die and don't want them to be away from us.  And many of us, as yourself, fear death.  Resolved.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • oslove