Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How I experience death.

oslove

On 7/14/2020 at 1:52 AM, oslove said:

You see, every time I have a most profound dreamless sleep, and wake up realizing that I was totally unconscious for many hours: that is the way I see it I had died the death, in that profound dreamless sleep, it was my death or extinction from existence, and upon waking up, my return to existence.

What do you guys here say?

We all have thoughts when we are asleep.

But we dont retain conscious memories unless we wake up during a thought.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:02 PM, psyche101 said:

Are you Kenny?

latest?cb=20160409020502

I am not Kenny. However, I killed Kenny and I may be Kenny. The effect justifies the means and the end. But, I killed Kenny. You b*******. I'm hungry.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:47 AM, oslove said:

You see, dear gentle fellow posters here:

I guess it is safe for me to submit there has been no human who died and returned to life to describe what is the experience of being dead, and I think I have found what is the experience of death, read carefully and consider whether I make sense or not, namely, the text above in big font size.

Please abstain from loitering here unprofitably to readers.

Apparently some people have crossed the Rainbow Bridge: Lazarus syndrome - Wikipedia

Edited by ted hughes

On 2/20/2021 at 5:12 AM, onlookerofmayhem said:

"You" don't exist before you are born and "you" won't experience anything after you've died.

I think this, but I know lots of people who believe in an after life.

I used to have lots of questions about the after life:

will we meet people we know?

will we meet famous people like Shakespeare and Hitler? (well, perhaps not Hitler, maybe Gandhi)

will the good people who chose the wrong religion because of where they were born, be there?

if we have physical or mental imperfections will we still have them?

will we be the age we die for eternity or can we choose our age?

will addictions vanish?

If we were shy and introverted will we stay like that or will our personalities change?

If our personalities change and/or we regain physical perfection will we really be the same person?

will we be angels?

if we meet god or Jesus will we understand the lingo or does everyone speak modern English?

will we still have an appetite for sex and food? (an eternity without KFC or kebabs would seem a long time).

would my wife be there? (in a way, I hope not as I might want to play the field a bit)

sadly, these sort of questions are never answered- or does anyone know different?

• Like 1

Well, that is the nearest experience that we can in a way take notice of death, consisting in a most profound dreamless sleep . . .  unconscious for many hours.

There is such a thing as the experience of not experiencing anything at all, consisting in hours of profound dreamless sleep in the state of unconsciousness.

The hibernation state of animals can also be taken to be a period of death.

So, perhaps we can coin a new phrase, namely, "transient death."