Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers 'UFO crash site' in the woods

UM-Bot

12 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

More than likely it was an atmospheric event.

IT WAS A FLYING SAUCER DAMNIT THAT'S THE ONLY LOGICAL CONCLUSION 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well, that was another quite incomplete article. Any search for fragments of anything out of the ordinary?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like wind. Happens a lot in US forests. Trees on hillsides and features where wind funnels uphill are frequently sites of blow down. So are the edges of clear cuts.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

It's not a UFO, it was done by the rebellious local forests pixies.

Me right now

fad5c25606915bc7a82746ef1ca78dd9.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I want to see the other end of that.  Why did he not film what he saw as he walked to the end of it?

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It looks like wind. Happens a lot in US forests. Trees on hillsides and features where wind funnels uphill are frequently sites of blow down. So are the edges of clear cuts.

There's a very good chance this is exactly what it is and the first thing that came to mind. Drive by a clearing in a large forest on the side of a highway and this is what you'll see. Is this an unusual thing in the UK? 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

A microburst, maybe? I’ve seen the results of a narrow microburst that flattened a circular, one-acre-sized area in a forest. The trees within the circle were flattened as though a giant hammer had crushed them, while the surrounding trees were unscathed. 

https://www.livescience.com/55912-microbursts.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I live in the UK. I would say it is unusual but more likely a small tornado. In fact what we call a Tornado would be laughed at by Americans as they are just small and happen for a few seconds or so.
We do get them quite often, in fact I read we have more Tornados than the US do, but that they are so small they don't often get noticed.

The

Also from the UK and can't say I've come across anything like this in my meandering through local woodland. We have had some terrific blustery days of late. Wind certainly seems the most plausible explanation to me.

Didnt know about the frequency of UK "tornadoes" though so thanks for that @ExoPaul

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's very small for a crash sight...

Perhaps a drone sent down from the Mothership...

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, ExoPaul said:

I live in the UK. I would say it is unusual but more likely a small tornado. In fact what we call a Tornado would be laughed at by Americans as they are just small and happen for a few seconds or so.

It does not even need to be a tornado.  Wind is especially effective after a heavy rain when the soil is waterlogged, soft, and does not offer its normal support to the roots.

We would not laugh at your tornadoes.  Even dust devils in a hay field look like something summoned out of Dungeons and Dragons.  Too big for a human to contend with.

• Like 3

Microburst or a tornado touched down briefly. Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees. I think it's safe to say that in this case, projecting my own thought process on what an "alien" would do, is probably correct.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jbondo said:

Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees.

Duh..... It would be a malfunction!

Over-stressed Dilithium Crystals, probably.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If it is a crash of some sort it looks like it happened last year. There definitely a lot of new growth so it�s not recent.

• Like 2

I still want to see the other side where the skid marks seem to be aimed, if there was a crash (which I am sure there wasn't) there would be evidence at the other end of the crushed trees.

• Like 2

Why is it when people see or hear things new to them it's either a UFO or Bigfoot?  Can't they use some sense and think--It may be from a small tornado or downburst of wind? Do they ever take more picks to get more info or clues for them?  Nope--because they will get more attention if they say it's a UFO or Bigfoot!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ercbreeze said:

Why is it when people see or hear things new to them it's either a UFO or Bigfoot?  Can't they use some sense and think--It may be from a small tornado or downburst of wind? Do they ever take more picks to get more info or clues for them?  Nope--because they will get more attention if they say it's a UFO or Bigfoot!  

Bigfoot crashed his UFO there. Don't you know anything? :P

• Haha 4

That was caused by a phenomenon called a downburst. I saw a huge circle of flattened trees in The Cherokee National Forest like this, once, with much larger trees snapped like matchsticks.

1. Downburst

Downburst
    A downburst is a strong ground-level wind system that emanates from a point source above and blows radially, that is, in straight lines in all directions from the point of contact at ground level. Often producing damaging winds, it may be confused with a tornado, where high-velocity winds circle a central area, and air moves inward and upward; by contrast, in a downburst, winds are directed downward and then outward from the surface landing point.
Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, acute said:

Duh..... It would be a malfunction!

Over-stressed Dilithium Crystals, probably.

Of course! How could I be so dense? That's exactly what happened! Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can sleep tonight.

I'm sure that in 1985, dilithium crystals are available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955, they're a little hard to come by.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jbondo said:

Of course! How could I be so dense? That's exactly what happened! Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can sleep tonight.

I'm sure that in 1985, dilithium crystals are available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955, they're a little hard to come by.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. There's no evidence of a craft at all.

Thor arrives on earth and leaves a circular pattern. No craft involved.

Nyah.