Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers 'UFO crash site' in the woods

UM-Bot

19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It looks like wind. Happens a lot in US forests. Trees on hillsides and features where wind funnels uphill are frequently sites of blow down. So are the edges of clear cuts.

100% wind :tu:

Local council cancel new build area at the last moment.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ercbreeze said:

Why is it when people see or hear things new to them it's either a UFO or Bigfoot?  Can't they use some sense and think--It may be from a small tornado or downburst of wind? Do they ever take more picks to get more info or clues for them?  Nope--because they will get more attention if they say it's a UFO or Bigfoot!  

People with no experience and a lot of hope for something unreal tend to go that way.  An example, I married a man from Virginia and I told him about walking home from school one day and seeing it rain two blocks away under a small dark cloud, but where I was it was not raining.  He insisted that if that ever really happened it meant the world was going to end.  I grew up in the desert, and that sort of thing does happen occasionally.  His assertion that that was a sign the world was going to end is just as silly as "I don't know what it is, therefore aliens".  People do it for all types of reasons, and for some reason a Lot of people are still waiting for E.T. to come and save them.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Oh come on...

This is in the UK, so probably was a dragon, not a UFO. Dragons make a heck of a mess, even when they dont burn the woods down.

Probably one of them invisible dragons. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, ExoPaul said:

I live in the UK. I would say it is unusual but more likely a small tornado. In fact what we call a Tornado would be laughed at by Americans as they are just small and happen for a few seconds or so.
We do get them quite often, in fact I read we have more Tornados than the US do, but that they are so small they don't often get noticed.

The

I was walking across a marsh once when i saw a tornado heading for Ipswich when i got home it was on the local news ithad actually caused a bit of damage to sheds and garden buildings,another time i was bird watching on the suffolk coast and saw a water spout heading for land but it just seemed to fizzle out

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, jbondo said:

Microburst or a tornado touched down briefly. Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees. I think it's safe to say that in this case, projecting my own thought process on what an "alien" would do, is probably correct.

maybe they thought this world was a simulation and the trees were holographics.

jmccr8

On 7/14/2020 at 3:03 PM, jbondo said:

Microburst or a tornado touched down briefly. Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees. I think it's safe to say that in this case, projecting my own thought process on what an "alien" would do, is probably correct.

In the 'Nam we dropped M121 tallboys to clear us an LZ, but there weren't much more than splinters left.

On 7/15/2020 at 3:35 AM, onlookerofmayhem said:

Me right now

fad5c25606915bc7a82746ef1ca78dd9.jpg

Here... use this:

C401D1B8-DEDA-4EBA-BC41-C79D240C8194.gif.2b741031a94e13eaf002b428661f029b.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I hate these forums, I came here for mysteries and there's none, you guys explain everything in a few posts. 

There are real  mysteries and there are things that are not mysterious.

Examples of real mysteries:

1. Which pharaoh built certain early pyramids. I read a lot of that discussion.
  2. What does the phaistos (sp?) disc mean?
  3. Are mountain lions breeding in eastern states?
  4. Are there any ivory billed woodpeckers, or thylacines alive today?
  5. What was Elizondo's real job at the Pentagon?
  6. Why are there no radar returns of a UFO moving into or coming back from space?

The interesting part of this forum is that there are some really smart people here that take the time to provide strong evidence for their proposals. That allows me to learn about a wide range of subjects.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2020 at 12:44 AM, DieChecker said:

Oh come on...

This is in the UK, so probably was a dragon, not a UFO. Dragons make a heck of a mess, even when they dont burn the woods down.

Probably one of them invisible dragons. :rolleyes:

Cant be a dragon, as far as I'm aware there's only one in the UK at the moment and she's been sleeping in the Welsh mountains for a very long time. :yes:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I hate these forums, I came here for mysteries and there's none, you guys explain everything in a few posts. 

Doesn't logic suck?! <_<

• Like 3

On 9/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, qunaquna said:

Mid life crisis?

From my favorite comedian philosopher, Tim Minchin:

Isn't this enough?  Just this world?  Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable, natural world?
How does it so fail to hold our attention that we have to diminish it with the invention of cheap, man-made myths and monsters?

Just go outside tonight and look up at the Cosmos..  You are a sentient being lucky enough to be able to look at, and what's more understand, much of that universe..  and there are plenty of mysteries yet to be explained.  Eg ... why?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I hate these forums, nobody seems to get my joke.

In my defence, I'm usually drunk or hungover when I'm on this site. I miss alot of things. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, qunaquna said:

I hate these forums, nobody seems to get my joke.

Any good comedian needs to consider their audience.  You are at a forum at which there's a fairly high percentage of wide-eyed "I want believe"-ers....  Attempts at comedy or sarcasm will often fall flat, and use of emoticons is advised even when you think it's really obvious....

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Any good comedian needs to consider their audience.  You are at a forum at which there's a fairly high percentage of wide-eyed "I want believe"-ers....  Attempts at comedy or sarcasm will often fall flat, and use of emoticons is advised even when you think it's really obvious....

Guilty as charged, but I stopped believing anything useful will be found since internet mass media spam took over, especially all the ufo videos on youtube, it just takes a lot of energy to filter all that for a grain of something promising. I tool it for granted everyone else just gave up being serious about it.

I've always found emoticons to be a little fake emotions tbh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, qunaquna said:

Guilty as charged, but I stopped believing anything useful will be found since internet mass media spam took over, especially all the ufo videos on youtube, it just takes a lot of energy to filter all that for a grain of something promising. I tool it for granted everyone else just gave up being serious about it.

I've always found emoticons to be a little fake emotions tbh.

And agreed on all points!  :D :hmm:

• Haha 1