Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Man discovers 'UFO crash site' in the woods

36 posts in this topic

seanjo

I think it was probably just Coppicing...

jbondo
14 hours ago, acute said:

Duh..... It would be a malfunction!

Over-stressed Dilithium Crystals, probably.

Of course! How could I be so dense? That's exactly what happened! Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can sleep tonight.

I'm sure that in 1985, dilithium crystals are available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955, they're a little hard to come by.

• Haha 1

psyche101
12 minutes ago, jbondo said:

Of course! How could I be so dense? That's exactly what happened! Wow! Thanks for clearing that up. Now I can sleep tonight.

I'm sure that in 1985, dilithium crystals are available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955, they're a little hard to come by.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. There's no evidence of a craft at all.

Thor arrives on earth and leaves a circular pattern. No craft involved.

Nyah.

Essan
19 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It looks like wind. Happens a lot in US forests. Trees on hillsides and features where wind funnels uphill are frequently sites of blow down. So are the edges of clear cuts.

100% wind :tu:

MissJatti

Local council cancel new build area at the last moment.

• Like 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ercbreeze said:

Why is it when people see or hear things new to them it's either a UFO or Bigfoot?  Can't they use some sense and think--It may be from a small tornado or downburst of wind? Do they ever take more picks to get more info or clues for them?  Nope--because they will get more attention if they say it's a UFO or Bigfoot!  

People with no experience and a lot of hope for something unreal tend to go that way.  An example, I married a man from Virginia and I told him about walking home from school one day and seeing it rain two blocks away under a small dark cloud, but where I was it was not raining.  He insisted that if that ever really happened it meant the world was going to end.  I grew up in the desert, and that sort of thing does happen occasionally.  His assertion that that was a sign the world was going to end is just as silly as "I don't know what it is, therefore aliens".  People do it for all types of reasons, and for some reason a Lot of people are still waiting for E.T. to come and save them.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

DieChecker

Oh come on...

This is in the UK, so probably was a dragon, not a UFO. Dragons make a heck of a mess, even when they dont burn the woods down.

Probably one of them invisible dragons. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Matt221
On 7/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, ExoPaul said:

I live in the UK. I would say it is unusual but more likely a small tornado. In fact what we call a Tornado would be laughed at by Americans as they are just small and happen for a few seconds or so.
We do get them quite often, in fact I read we have more Tornados than the US do, but that they are so small they don't often get noticed.

The

I was walking across a marsh once when i saw a tornado heading for Ipswich when i got home it was on the local news ithad actually caused a bit of damage to sheds and garden buildings,another time i was bird watching on the suffolk coast and saw a water spout heading for land but it just seemed to fizzle out

• Like 3

jmccr8
On 7/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, jbondo said:

Microburst or a tornado touched down briefly. Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees. I think it's safe to say that in this case, projecting my own thought process on what an "alien" would do, is probably correct.

maybe they thought this world was a simulation and the trees were holographics.

jmccr8

Hammerclaw
On 7/14/2020 at 3:03 PM, jbondo said:

Microburst or a tornado touched down briefly. Why would a UFO land on top of trees? Yeah, we just traversed time and space, but instead of landing in a clearing, we're going to bash down trees. I think it's safe to say that in this case, projecting my own thought process on what an "alien" would do, is probably correct.

In the 'Nam we dropped M121 tallboys to clear us an LZ, but there weren't much more than splinters left.

Sir Wearer of Hats
On 7/15/2020 at 3:35 AM, onlookerofmayhem said:

Me right now

fad5c25606915bc7a82746ef1ca78dd9.jpg

Here... use this:

C401D1B8-DEDA-4EBA-BC41-C79D240C8194.gif.2b741031a94e13eaf002b428661f029b.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1