Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Want To Believe

SeekTruth

So, ok like last night... 

I know what happened, no I was not sleeping, I was 100% wide awake. I dont know why the events happened, how they could have or why, but again I feel it's not even worth mentioning because I can't explain any of it and um I'm foggy today just trying to wrap my head around it all, it's completely unbelievable, unrealistic and unexplainable so why even waste my time telling other people about it, when in turn, if I did I'd only be criticized. 

Oh and the worse part is that I have no proof it even happened, just my words...

So once again I will hold my silence, like I have time after time, after time, alone and confused... Like any of you have any answers anyway lol ~ other than the "mental illness theory, it's pareidolia or sleep paralysis"...

Even when I have presented photos of what I have captured its never good enough so now I don't share my photos or experiences, I don't ask question or even try to look for answers here. My private collection sits dormant, silent and hidden but growing....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

I know what happened, no I was not sleeping, I was 100% wide awake. I dont know why the events happened, how they could have or why, but again I feel it's not even worth mentioning because I can't explain any of it and um I'm foggy today just trying to wrap my head around it all, it's completely unbelievable, unrealistic and unexplainable so why even waste my time telling other people about it, when in turn, if I did I'd only be criticized. 

Oh and the worse part is that I have no proof it even happened, just my words...

So once again I will hold my silence, like I have time after time, after time, alone and confused... Like any of you have any answers anyway lol ~ other than the "mental illness theory, it's pareidolia or sleep paralysis"...

Even when I have presented photos of what I have captured its never good enough so now I don't share my photos or experiences, I don't ask question or even try to look for answers here. My private collection sits dormant, silent and hidden but growing....

It's a same believers often don't feel comfortable sharing here on UM :no:.

I always find stories interesting and adds more to the site then just politics haha.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jujo-jo said:

I'd like to hear about your experience.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 7:18 AM, SeekTruth said:

Why is it that I haven't seen or experienced a ghost? Do they not like me? 

Because you are probably trying too hard.Just relax and be very aware of your surroundings.You may be open minded but you need to be very sensitive also.Ghosts are just a camera shot from the past,not people's spirits and are a very small part of the paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, openozy said:

Because you are probably trying too hard.Just relax and be very aware of your surroundings.You may be open minded but you need to be very sensitive also.Ghosts are just a camera shot from the past,not people's spirits and are a very small part of the paranormal.

What do you mean when you say ghosts are a camera shot from the past?

7 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

What do you mean when you say ghosts are a camera shot from the past?

I don't believe they are an entity,just a glimpse of someone from the past going about their business,a moment in time recaptured.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, openozy said:

I don't believe they are an entity,just a glimpse of someone from the past going about their business,a moment in time recaptured.

Do you mean like some resonant energy that just loops in some spot that is highly charged? 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 6:39 PM, spartan max2 said:

It's a same believers often don't feel comfortable sharing here on UM :no:.

I always find stories interesting and adds more to the site then just politics haha.

Lol hmm well yes I did think this was an unexplained form .... but politics i guess is an unexplained mysteries phenomenon now days too, lol so it's all good ; )

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

I'd like to hear about your experience.

Sent you a personal message ; )

I am only allowed 3 per day, I will send more tomorrow.

I think this OP was just riffing off the new “Osborne’s “ show of the same name.  You don’t “want” to believe, you either believe, you do not believe, or you choose to reserve judgment.  Those are your choices.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 4:25 AM, Jujo-jo said:

So, you've never experienced lucid/vivid dreaming before?  I'm a skeptic (just ask around!) and thus I was a bit leery of stories about mistaking a dream for reality, until I had one, quite late in life (I was about 40-ish).  I've had 2 more since, and but for the fact that events have proven them otherwise (and I woke up), what I 'experienced' was real, to all extents... 

Do you deny that sometimes, those are the answers?  And more importantly, do you really think they are the only reasons why someone might tell a story that isn't 100% true?

Jujo, have you ever tried presenting your evidence humbly and actually asking people about it, rather than telling them what you want it to be?  Have you listened to potential explanations and opposing viewpoints without thinking you were being personally attacked?  Why don't you link us to an example where that happened?

I can point to several threads here where people have offered up extraordinary claims and presented some evidence, and they received very polite receptions.  That's because they were not personally affronted by people simply expressing doubts and offering opinions or even analysis.  Could it be that you just don't want to be disappointed by finding out your experience maybe wasn't what you thought it was, or that your memories might not be as reliable as you think?

If you have good evidence or something that you believe is unexplainable, could it not be that you simply don't know enough?  Hell, I don't know enough on lots of topics.. so I listen to the experts and then I learn stuff.  I don't get disappointed, and I learn new stuff - Win/Win.

Thing is, there are lots of ways to check things and prove a claim one way or another, beyond reasonable doubt.  And surely, with all these millions of folks interacting on these forums and elsewhere, somebody should have some evidence that is worthy....?  Maybe yours is?  But we'll never know unless you be brave.  I'm sorry but you don't get to be taken seriously if you just say (no matter how earnestly..) "You must believe my claim.."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Do you mean like some resonant energy that just loops in some spot that is highly charged? 

That makes sense to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, you've never experienced lucid/vivid dreaming before?  I'm a skeptic (just ask around!) and thus I was a bit leery of stories about mistaking a dream for reality, until I had one, quite late in life (I was about 40-ish).  I've had 2 more since, and but for the fact that events have proven them otherwise (and I woke up), what I 'experienced' was real, to all extents...

Yes, I have.

Do you deny that sometimes, those are the answers?

No, not at all.

And more importantly, do you really think they are the only reasons why someone might tell a story that isn't 100% true?

Actually I know quite a few liars matter of fact. But I am not one.

Jujo, have you ever tried presenting your evidence humbly and actually asking people about it, rather than telling them what you want it to be.

When I have showen people my collection of unexplained things when they occur like videos, recordings and photos, I don't believe I have implied what my thoughts are.

I am seeking others opinions and most often confused and trying to make sense of it.

I general text or show my one friend who is an engineer and also my career physchologist, never saying anything more than, "what do you make of this? & I wait for his and her's response... 

Have you listened to potential explanations and opposing viewpoints without thinking you were being personally attacked?  Why don't you link us to an example where that happened?

Yes and I'm all for that and I love to be able to debunk things when I can.  I'm a pretty tough cookie and can take a beating...

But unfortunately I have been in situations to where  I have taken things personally and right to heart, especially when there has been extra efforts put forth intentionally to criticize, belittle and diagnose....

And Thank you anyway... but I stick to personal messages but if I have a change in heart I will let you know ; )

I have been here long enough now to know the people I care and care not to share things with and I am happy with that and those individuals outside of UM.

I can point to several threads here where people have offered up extraordinary claims and presented some evidence, and they received very polite receptions.  That's because they were not personally affronted by people simply expressing doubts and offering opinions or even analysis.  Could it be that you just don't want to be disappointed by finding out your experience maybe wasn't what you thought it was, or that your memories might not be as reliable as you think?

Yes it's nice when things remain polight, then there are those other times it just isnt so...

And yeah maybe a diary isn't a good way to recall things??? lol sry my sense if humor is acting up again ; )

If you have good evidence or something that you believe is unexplainable, could it not be that you simply don't know enough?  Hell, I don't know enough on lots of topics.. so I listen to the experts and then I learn stuff.  I don't get disappointed, and I learn new stuff - Win/Win.

Hmmm nice point, in my opinion there are no experts when you dealing with the supernatural or spiritual world.

Thing is, there are lots of ways to check things and prove a claim one way or another, beyond reasonable doubt.  And surely, with all these millions of folks interacting on these forums and elsewhere, somebody should have some evidence that is worthy....?  Maybe yours is?  But we'll never know unless you be brave.

I'm sorry but you don't get to be taken seriously if you just say (no matter how earnestly..) "You must believe my claim.."

; )

Well said.

(Was brave when I first joined, still brave just in silence and more choosy now.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Hmmm nice point, in my opinion there are no experts when you dealing with the supernatural or spiritual world.

That's so true because we all perceive it differently,that's why scientific types have trouble coming to terms with it imo.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 5:45 PM, XenoFish said:

Ghost are a figment of the human imagination. You don't see them because you don't believe in them. Which means your mind doesn't fabricate a phantasm. 

Hey Xen. Honestly asking here. What about the people who have had experiences that before hand didn’t believe in or care about ghosts at all? 

I never expected to have a haunting. Especially  not in the home I grew up in, and never had an issue till I was 18 years old. 

Maybe ghosts exist, maybe they don’t, but I don’t think you can chalk all this up to imagination. 

Edited by preacherman76

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Hey Xen. Honestly asking here. What about the people who have had experiences that before hand didn’t believe in or care about ghosts at all? 

I never expected to have a haunting. Especially  not in the home I grew up in, and never had an issue till I was 18 years old. 

Maybe ghosts exist, maybe they don’t, put I don’t think you can chalk all this up to imagination. 

There is the cultural aspect of belief as well. While a person might not consciously believe the information still exist. They know of ghost.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is the cultural aspect of belief as well. While a person might not consciously believe the information still exist. They know of ghost.

I suppose. Just seems odd to me. When I was a kid I really believed in ghosts and such. I’d lay awake every night terrified something was gonna get me. Ran into my room and jumped on to my bed from as far back as I could so whatever was under the bed couldn’t grab me. 

Then one day, after watching a scary movie, again I laid in bed terrified when I realized, in all those years, nothing ever actually happened. Not even a close call. 

The moment I realized that began the first night when I was able to put all that crap away. I think I was 9 or 10 years old. After that I never gave it another thought. By the time my experience began, it was 8 to 9 years later. I didn’t believe at all. It wasn’t part of my life in any way shape or form. 

Just seems to me that if this is always all in ones head, I would have had an experience back when I totally believed it was possible. Not long after I believed the very idea was ridiculous. 

(Shrugs shoulders) I guess we all deal with these things on our own terms. And we will all believe about it what we will. 

• Like 1

Probably childhood fear manifesting.

I went looking for the monster under the bed and in the dark. I wasn't a fearless kid. I just didn't believe. Guess I had a b.s. detector installed from the start.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Probably childhood fear manifesting.

I went looking for the monster under the bed and in the dark. I wasn't a fearless kid. I just didn't believe. Guess I had a b.s. detector installed from the start.

I was just being a kid. By then I had put away childish things, and moved on to semi childish things lol. 

To me, though I don’t know who or what it was, I know it happened. I will, for as long as I’m able, believe it happened. I’m perfectly fine with others not feeling the same, but, well, that’s all I guess. 

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't think I could ever believe. I've practically given up trying. 

Yeah I know. With all that you have witnessed, if that didn't convince you, I don't see how anything could. Honest question, why aren't you ok with not believing? Aside from a few folks on these boards, people I know who don't believe in anything paranormal, or whatever, don't waste a second on these subjects. I'm genuinely curious, not at all trying to start an argument. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah I know. With all that you have witnessed, if that didn't convince you, I don't see how anything could. Honest question, why aren't you ok with not believing? Aside from a few folks on these boards, people I know who don't believe in anything paranormal, or whatever, don't waste a second on these subjects. I'm genuinely curious, not at all trying to start an argument. 

Because maybe one day actual scientific proof might come to light. Not half done studies or completely false experiments. Something real. So that maybe when I look back on my past experiences I won't think I was bat st.t crazy.

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Because maybe one day actual scientific proof might come to light. Not half done studies or completely false experiments. Something real. So that maybe when I look back on my past experiences I won't think I was bat st.t crazy.

That would be an awesome day, if it ever comes.

For me, I guess it doesn't really make much difference. Yeah I believe certain things are possible, but it doesn't effect my day to day at all anymore. I used to think about this stuff all the time. Now, coming to places like this, and listening to podcasts and such seems like its more out of habit than anything else. 

Edited by preacherman76

18 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That would be an awesome day, if it ever comes.

For me, I guess it doesn't really make much difference. Yeah I believe certain things are possible, but it doesn't effect my day to day at all anymore. I used to think about this stuff all the time. Now, coming to places like this, and listening to podcasts and such seems like its more out of habit than anything else. 

Out of habit is right. 3/4 of the time I'm not even sure why I post. It's always the same old arguments and I'm getting tired of it. Kinda of a 'why bother' thing. 

• Like 3

On 7/14/2020 at 5:18 PM, SeekTruth said:

I'm an open-minded fella, and I would love to believe in ghosts, since that would suggest that human consciousness doesn't end at death. But I must put logic and evidence before my desires, lest I succumb to wishful thinking.  Why is it that I haven't seen or experienced a ghost? Do they not like me? 

I'll be honest, I don't really know why you haven't had anything happen.

Have you ever gone to any haunted locations?

Well anyways good luck with having a encounter,

also just in case I wouldn't suggest trying any rituals/ouijia board stuff.

• Haha 1