Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Want To Believe

SeekTruth

Pagans believe the Earth is sacred and I do agree with that.  

P.S. But make no mistake, the Earth is a killer.  It’s been completely covered in ice at least once, according to science, and has had repeated glacial events continually. 

Edited by Guyver
Add P.S.

The movie wasnt great, had funny moments but even tom hanks, dan akroid and harry morgan coundnt make it happen.

I had a girl come to our shows she told me she was a "redneck goth" she loved the zydrate antatomy song.

People are people.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Pagans believe the Earth is sacred and I do agree with that.  

P.S. But make no mistake, the Earth is a killer.  It’s been completely covered in ice at least once, according to science, and has had repeated glacial events continually. 

Groups that say they worry about the earth are really worried for themselves. 

If we disappeared of the face of the earth tomorrow, within a thousand years, it would be hard to tell we were ever here. We've seen this in places like Pripiyat. The one place our mark would last longest is actually on the moon.

The planets habitability is what is the concern. The planet doesn't care. It will always recover. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Variations of a single cult.

2.3 billion identify as Christians. They proclaim the same God with different interpretations of the Bible. 

I'd call that mainstream. Pretty sure the dictionary would too. 

2.3 is not a majority of 7.7 billion people on the planet.  You are biased and confused about what mainstream means.  Mainstream for your area is different than mainstream for the world and I now realize I am arguing about something really stupid so don't respond as I am done now.

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

2.3 is not a majority of 7.7 billion people on the planet.  You are biased and confused about what mainstream means.  Mainstream for your area is different than mainstream for the world and I now realize I am arguing about something really stupid so don't respond as I am done now.

Your an arrogant ignorant little pipsqueak aren't you.

Argue with the dictionary:

mainstream

/ˈmeɪnstriːm/

Learn to pronounce

the ideas, attitudes, or activities that are shared by most people and regarded as normal or conventional.

Truth isn’t always a winner is it?  I mean, the way that people judge things.  Sometimes telling the truth is no good.  It’s a shame to have to say it.  It’s just one more small piece of evidence for me that our existence is effed up.  Somethings missing.  As I see it anyway.  FWIW.

Thats what I believe in.  I believe in something’s missing.  Great song goes with that one BTW. FWIW.

You know, I’ve talked a lot in this thread.  I just wanted to say that someone criticized me by saying that I speak harshly, or sound aggressive.  I’m sorry to hear that because I don’t wish to portray myself in that manner.  But, I am a straight shooter on this forum.  I call them like I see them.  I’m really not going to apologize if that offends people, because I already know you can’t please everyone, so you’ve got to please yourself.  Since I don’t intentionally belittle other people the way that what’s his name does, I feel I’m good.  If I sound aggressive, maybe it’s because truth hurts.  But, if you take issue with my logic, I am willing to debate you.

• Like 2

I’ve never read the Satanic Bible, because I was too afraid.  When I was a Christian, the Satanic Bible was anathema to me.  Kinda like spiders.  But you know what?  Now that I’m getting older, I’m not really afraid of spiders anymore.  I mean, I don’t want one dropping into my mouth at night....but in genaral I’m not afraid of spiders that much.  I still have fears, but I realize that fear is irrational.  Danger is real.  A great movie quote....anyway.....I’ve never read the Satanic Bible, yet...and I’m no longer afraid of it.  I’m just not that interested in it.  I really don’t care that much about Satanism.  But, I do like some of the eleven rules of the Earth that they have offered.  I agree with some of their principles, so I have adapted them.  To sum it up, I’m making my own way of believing and it’s based upon principles I believe in.  And it’s working for me.  FWIW.

• Like 1

I know, I should just do a blog.  Fine.  Psych already told me that’s what I should do.  I’ll just do a blog.  Peace out.  Love.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Truth isn’t always a winner is it?  I mean, the way that people judge things.  Sometimes telling the truth is no good.  It’s a shame to have to say it.  It’s just one more small piece of evidence for me that our existence is effed up.  Somethings missing.  As I see it anyway.  FWIW.

Thats what I believe in.  I believe in something’s missing.  Great song goes with that one BTW. FWIW.

What is FWIW?  (I am acronym challened).  I agree that our societies are messed up.  Seems like they are geared towards the most mental distress and aberrations possible.

Edited by Desertrat56

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

You know, I’ve talked a lot in this thread.  I just wanted to say that someone criticized me by saying that I speak harshly, or sound aggressive.  I’m sorry to hear that because I don’t wish to portray myself in that manner.  But, I am a straight shooter on this forum.  I call them like I see them.  I’m really not going to apologize if that offends people, because I already know you can’t please everyone, so you’ve got to please yourself.  Since I don’t intentionally belittle other people the way that what’s his name does, I feel I’m good.  If I sound aggressive, maybe it’s because truth hurts.  But, if you take issue with my logic, I am willing to debate you.

My opinion is that the person who accused you of that is the one that was acting angry and aggressive, always has and was pretending like you were the one with the problem.  You keep up being a "straight shooter" whether people can take it or not is not your problem, it is theirs.  Remember, offense is taken, not given.  This is a discussion forum and the expectation is that people discuss things, not that everyone agrees with everyone else.,

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What is FWIW?  (I am acronym challened).

Apparently it means For What Its Worth

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chronus said:

Apparently it means For What Its Worth

Ahh, thank you.  I just found out what SMH means that everyone, even my coworkers use all the time.  

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ahh, thank you.  I just found out what SMH means that everyone, even my coworkers use all the time.  

:lol:

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 2:07 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I have the idea that we have memories from somewhere else, like griffins, pegasus, dragons, fairies, pixies, Bigfoot etc.  But you would have to have the belief or knowledge that we are not the sum of our physical parts to even think about it that way.  

Maybe even the gods from mythology (norse, greek, roman, etc) are composites of memories we have from somewhere else.   And I know to a lot of you that sounds crazy, but if you think that is crazy but believe Bigfoot is real, then you are severely attached and it doesn't matter to me.  I am not here to dissuade anyone from anything, I am here to share how I think about things.  (I did not include the judaic god that rules the christians and muslims because that has gone way beyond mythology into mind manipulation of masses of people, it is different from the other mythologies)

Itis not crazy.

It is true. 

The intriguing question is where tha t "somewhere else"  is located.

Is it a cultural construct, a gestalt memory,  a product of our imagination, or somewhere with its own physical existence?

Maybe its an amalgam of all these things and more :)  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Itis not crazy.

It is true. 

The intriguing question is where tha t "somewhere else"  is located.

Is it a cultural construct, a gestalt memory,  a product of our imagination, or somewhere with its own physical existence?

Maybe its an amalgam of all these things and more :)  

Possibly.  I suspect it is more real than where we are experiencing right now and the point of our experiences being in a human body on planet earth has a purpose, not one set by and deity but rather one we have set ourselves.  Ann Stieber said that we are here to learn to love, and I respect her.  She was very insightful woman, and apparently is still active in her husband's and friend's lives.  I know I get information from somewhere non-physical and it has always served me to pay attention.  But that kind of belief or knowing, which ever we feel is the correct word, should Never take us out from the experiences here.  Nor should it give us reason to judge anyone else's experiences and beliefs.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 1:42 AM, Desertrat56 said:

My opinion is that the person who accused you of that is the one that was acting angry and aggressive, always has and was pretending like you were the one with the problem.  You keep up being a "straight shooter" whether people can take it or not is not your problem, it is theirs.  Remember, offense is taken, not given.  This is a discussion forum and the expectation is that people discuss things, not that everyone agrees with everyone else.,

Good god you're a suck up to any believers aren't you. 

I suggest you ask Chrlz, you trust his judgement?

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Good god you're a suck up to any believers aren't you. 

I suggest you ask Chrlz, you trust his judgement?

Wha? Huh?  Hey, keep me outa this. :D  I like both of you guys!  I understand where you are coming from Psyche, but I also appreciate the way that DR will usually debate and discuss in good faith, and generally uses logic (she also has helped a lot in the good fight against trump)...

I also understand that sometimes experiences and perceptions can be life changing, and can leave a person with an unshakable belief in something (or other), even though the perception or experience is unsupported..

So I'd suggest you two just agree to disagree, and move on.  Can't we all be friends?   :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Wha? Huh?  Hey, keep me outa this. :D  I like both of you guys!  I understand where you are coming from Psyche, but I also appreciate the way that DR will usually debate and discuss in good faith, and generally uses logic (she also has helped a lot in the good fight against trump)...

I also understand that sometimes experiences and perceptions can be life changing, and can leave a person with an unshakable belief in something (or other), even though the perception or experience is unsupported..

So I'd suggest you two just agree to disagree, and move on.  Can't we all be friends?   :D 

I already put him on ignore.  No more argument from me.

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

You're one up on me 

I've seen DR say Aussies were controlled by government, that remote viewing is valid no questions asked. No debate that I've ever seen. Just snide remarks on hit and run posts.

I know you have had run ins with guyver. That's what I was referring to. 

• 1 month later...

You want to believe!? I have returned to this place many years after I first joined. I was always a believer from the start but some years into forums here, people stared to treat you like you are telling lies.

Hang in there my friend.

i just feel so disappointed in those who made me feel so upset about my post’s a few years back.

funny thing is that you have had no experience but you believe. I support you 100% into you journey to see the things and experience life beyond just this moment.

• Like 1