Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus Vaccine Looking Good

Dustyrose33

I read an article today about one of the many vaccines being tested and one of them is entering its final testing phase.   Dr. Fauci seems to be pleased and said just as they had hoped the vaccine appeared to increase the immune response.   This is great news!.   If the vaccine is used it will require two shots one month apart.   The people doing the trials reported some side effects similar with the Flu vaccine, but only lasted a day or two.

I'm wondering if the vaccines will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis like the Flu vaccine is or some other way.   I feel Dr. Fauci is great if he can get an effective vaccine out by early next year.   Probably the vaccine will take 2 to 3 weeks to reach peak level, like the Flu vaccine.   If this works, there is hope to get over this.

• Like 5

@Dustyrose33 do you have a link?   I looked for this story and could find nothing after June 23rd when he talked to Congress.

• Like 2

Annotation 2020-07-14 152218.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Dustyrose33 do you have a link?   I looked for this story and could find nothing after June 23rd when he talked to Congress.

Here's one. The first vaccine made in the US is ready for it's final test on 30,000 people.

https://abc7ny.com/health/1st-covid-19-vaccine-tested-in-us-poised-for-final-testing/6317291/?fbclid=IwAR1-vLPF1hX4HQanAiKAPBBWVr0WGH4yZ4sKP28wKGsSHwlP9f5mGfPP9iw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'll see what I can find.

17 minutes ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I read an article today about one of the many vaccines being tested and one of them is entering its final testing phase.   Dr. Fauci seems to be pleased and said just as they had hoped the vaccine appeared to increase the immune response.   This is great news!.   If the vaccine is used it will require two shots one month apart.   The people doing the trials reported some side effects similar with the Flu vaccine, but only lasted a day or two.

I'm wondering if the vaccines will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis like the Flu vaccine is or some other way.   I feel Dr. Fauci is great if he can get an effective vaccine out by early next year.   Probably the vaccine will take 2 to 3 weeks to reach peak level, like the Flu vaccine.   If this works, there is hope to get over this.

Hey Dusty, this looks like it going to be a good thread, thanks for starting it:D.

Take Care

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Dusty, this looks like it going to be a good thread, thanks for starting it:D.

Take Care

Thanks, and welcome.

• Like 3

These vaccines go through a series of tests of ever larger number of subjects. The small tests are there to test safety and efficacy. Typically, tests are done in vitro and in animals before testing on humans. Once it appears to be safe and it elicits the response that is expected trials move onto larger numbers of subjects. The large numbers are needed because it is unethical to deliberately expose someone to a disease. Through large numbers some people are expected to be exposed. An epidemic is required to test a vaccine. Zika vaccines were developed but never tested because the epidemics went away. The vaccines are in storage in case zika reemerges as a threat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

These vaccines go through a series of tests of ever larger number of subjects. The small tests are there to test safety and efficacy. Typically, tests are done in vitro and in animals before testing on humans. Once it appears to be safe and it elicits the response that is expected trials move onto larger numbers of subjects. The large numbers are needed because it is unethical to deliberately expose someone to a disease. Through large numbers some people are expected to be exposed. An epidemic is required to test a vaccine. Zika vaccines were developed but never tested because the epidemics went away. The vaccines are in storage in case zika reemerges as a threat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/moderna-s-covid-19-vaccine-moves-to-bigger-study/ar-BB16JEoR?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

The vaccine has moved to a bigger study.

• Like 3

Please do try and keep a lookout at what CDC says from virologist experts and epidemiology experts. 

Not being a wet blanket but claims just from big "pharma Inc" has that reputation of not being entirely upfront about what it really means when they say what they meant. 

The timing now just when Trump jettisoned WHO is what worries many... 

~

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

They will still need to watch how long the antibodies these people build up will last in the body. There are a lot of studies that show they begin to decrease by three months. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-new-uk-study-shows-antibodies-fade-after-three-weeks-2020-7?fbclid=IwAR3hLWcQWMOwOPu9ECRhWhM0Xa-mKTVdZ-lolhbUJTXYbi_e8LLVtS5FJ8I

• Like 1

https://abc7ny.com/6317556/?ex_cid=TA_WABC_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0ZTVkRUjnOpu-gw6UWhR7lnE0HboNu7UP4HbbaaKs_dAx85lyTUlkkKdM

The Secretary of Health and Human Services visited Chicago Tuesday to see how doctors and nurses in the city have handled the COVID-19 crisis.
Secretary Alex Azar said he was optimistic that a vaccine for the virus could be available as soon as this fall.On Tuesday, researchers with Moderna and the National Institutes Of Health announced that an experimental vaccine successfully produced antibodies in all 45 patients involved in testing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susieice said:

They will still need to watch how long the antibodies these people build up will last in the body. There are a lot of studies that show they begin to decrease by three months. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-new-uk-study-shows-antibodies-fade-after-three-weeks-2020-7?fbclid=IwAR3hLWcQWMOwOPu9ECRhWhM0Xa-mKTVdZ-lolhbUJTXYbi_e8LLVtS5FJ8I

That is a concern with all coronavirus issues. All of the treatments appear to be short lived, maybe a year at most. One of the links I posted discusses that very issue and not just with coronavirus work, but mRNA treatments in general and this virus is an RNA virus.

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Are they asking for volunteers for the larger test or do they have a different way of choosing participants in the study?