Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Acidic orange streams seen near disused mine

Still Waters

Russian prosecutors on Wednesday said they were conducting an inspection of a facility supposed to treat acid runoff from an abandoned Urals mine after photographs emerged of streams running orange.

Drone footage uploaded last week by an Instagram travel blogger showed a bright-orange landscape near the disused copper-sulphide mine close to the village of Lyovikha in the Urals.

"The Nizhny Tagil district prosecutors office has begun to check the facility treating the waste waters from Levikhinsky mine," spokeswoman Marina Kanatova told AFP.

The mine "is flooded and now acid rivers flow from it, poisoning everything they touch", the blogger zamkad_life wrote to describe the series of images which have since gone viral.

https://www.sciencealert.com/russia-launches-investigation-after-drone-caught-urals-mine-tainting-streams-orange

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Russian prosecutors on Wednesday said they were conducting an inspection of a facility supposed to treat acid runoff from an abandoned Urals mine after photographs emerged of streams running orange.

Drone footage uploaded last week by an Instagram travel blogger showed a bright-orange landscape near the disused copper-sulphide mine close to the village of Lyovikha in the Urals.

"The Nizhny Tagil district prosecutors office has begun to check the facility treating the waste waters from Levikhinsky mine," spokeswoman Marina Kanatova told AFP.

The mine "is flooded and now acid rivers flow from it, poisoning everything they touch", the blogger zamkad_life wrote to describe the series of images which have since gone viral.

https://www.sciencealert.com/russia-launches-investigation-after-drone-caught-urals-mine-tainting-streams-orange

Take a trip through America's coal fields.  You'll see the same thing in the streams.  They call it "yellow boy."

Doug

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

By U.S. standards, very large swaths of the Rodina would be considered "Super Fund" sites.

I think there been an acidic orange stream seen by the white house. On a serious note though , that does not look good . The streams are huge.

Edited by razman