Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doris Bither case

TrumanB

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Do you really have to be that insulting? Seriously? 

what is it you feel Tim is insulting? just out of interest;)

20 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Do you really have to be that insulting? Seriously? 

He’s oblivious to many things, just seeing if this is another of those things. 

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Stop it. Anyway my comment actually pertained to this thread's topic. I do recall starting with a 50/50 chance of CGI before any input from the bickerers here obsessed with me and not the topics. 

You were told by multiple people that it was CGI. Didn’t do anything yourself to see if that were true, pushed on believing with nothing to back you up. Like always. 

The bickerers might seem like a broken record to you, but you bring it on yourself. 

‘Stop it’ is more reasonable to say to you than ‘the bickerers’.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, zep73 said:

It's a matter of deduction. Either those things exist or they don't. And since there is no evidence, but only countless hoaxes, one can only deduce it does not exist.

If single cases stick out, one must also deduce that those are successful hoaxes.

The very definition of denialism.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

The very definition of denialism.

I'm still waiting for proof, although it seems a bit silly mostly. All there is is anecdotes and believers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Timothy said:

He’s oblivious to many things, just seeing if this is another of those things. 

You insult him to see if he's serious? That still doesn't excuse bad behavior. Does thinking of things that are beyond your ken, scare you that bad, that you cant even entertain the possibility. That inflexible that you go to default mode when your world view may be challenged? 

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

I'm still waiting for proof, although it seems a bit silly mostly. All there is is anecdotes and believers.

Then get out and experience it for yourself instead of being an armchair Quarterback. Nothing like good old fashioned experience when you get right down to it. Unless your scared to.:whistle:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You insult him to see if he's serious? That still doesn't excuse bad behavior. Does thinking of things that are beyond your ken, scare you that bad, that you cant even entertain the possibility. That inflexible that you go to default mode when your world view may be challenged? 

It was a sincere question. 

Lol come off it mate. I just need evidence. I can imagine things which are pretty scary, but it doesn’t make them true. 

Have you ever heard of fiction?

Also I have plenty of scary dreams with plenty of fantastical things. I just am able to determine imagination from reality.

8 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I was also. So I did something about it. It made up my mind for me. A tip though, take your dog with you. There are extremely sensitive, and will alert you to anything abnormal. Add bonus, dogs don't lie.

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I was also. So I did something about it. It made up my mind for me. A tip though, take your dog with you. There are extremely sensitive, and will alert you to anything abnormal. Add bonus, dogs don't lie.

It’s fine for you to believe. 

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

It was a sincere question. 

Lol come off it mate. I just need evidence. I can imagine things which are pretty scary, but it doesn’t make them true. 

Have you ever heard of fiction?

Also I have plenty of scary dreams with plenty of fantastical things. I just am able to determine imagination from reality.

Funny how so many people have said that the paranormal was hogwash till it happened to them. Go find out for yourself. All you need is a good flashlight, a camera, and your senses. 

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Funny how so many people have said that the paranormal was hogwash till it happened to them. Go find out for yourself. All you need is a good flashlight, a camera, and your senses. 

Funny how no ‘evidence’ ever provided has been able to live up to skeptical scrutiny. 

As I said, it’s okay to believe. 

And I’ve been out in the dark plenty. 

Hang on a minute! Just spotted something out of this world!

C145C0D4-80E1-4433-98A6-4B096FF949CD.jpeg

• Haha 1

It’s fine for you to believe. 

No, I much rather would have not known, but that ship sailed. Now I find it facinating. It does rock your foundations though. If not for my dog Scout, I would have written off what I experienced. He can't lie. He's incapable of denying his instincts. He can only react.

Funny how no ‘evidence’ ever provided has been able to live up to skeptical scrutiny. 

As I said, it’s okay to believe. 

And I’ve been out in the dark plenty. 

Hang on a minute! Just spotted something out of this world!

C145C0D4-80E1-4433-98A6-4B096FF949CD.jpeg

That's called being facetious. Attempting to deflect from an uncomfortable topic.

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

No, I much rather would have not known, but that ship sailed. Now I find it facinating. It does rock your foundations though. If not for my dog Scout, I would have written off what I experienced. He can't lie. He's incapable of denying his instincts. He can only react.

Yes dogs react to plenty of things of course. 

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Not true. Some actually question what they experience. Well, the smart ones do.

• Like 1

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

That's called being facetious. Attempting to deflect from an uncomfortable topic.

Why do you keep trying to suggest it’s scary or uncomfortable for me?

If pixies were real it would be awesome. Especially if we had proof that they were interdimensional.

Then we would be studying and trying to understand the mechanisms behind it.

• Like 1

Also I wasn’t deflecting at all.

You have a story, you believe it, you have no evidence. 

So again, fine for you to believe it, but I need evidence. 

By all accounts and based on my own personal experiences, I should be a believer. However lack of repeatability makes a world of difference. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Not true. Some actually question what they experience. Well, the smart ones do.

I agree. But the duration, amount, and intensity vary so much in these cases. So it's pretty easy to brush off a mild encounter, it's not so easy with, an intense physical attack.

Also I wasn’t deflecting at all.

You have a story, you believe it, you have no evidence. 

So again, fine for you to believe it, but I need evidence. 

But not interested enough to find out for yourself. That's fine. Don't shoot down others who have. 

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

But not interested enough to find out for yourself. That's fine. Don't shoot down others who have. 

Why do you think I’m on these forums and put in more effort than most believers digging into the wild claims?

Because I’d love for some of it to be true. 

The fact that I’m skeptical gives no indication of my level of interest in these things. 

The arguments you are trying to make here are just assumptions based on your misconceptions.

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Haha 1

I find it interesting that no one challenged my assertion that absolute denialists won't entertain, or investigate for themselves, the idea of the paranormal because their psyche couldn't handle the shock to their world view.

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Why do you think I’m on these forums and put in more effort than most believers digging into the wild claims?

Because I’d love for some of it to be true. 

The fact that I’m skeptical gives no indication of my level of interest in these things. 

The arguments you are trying to make here are just assumptions based on your misconceptions.

What does that have to do with me saying don't shoot down others because of your your lack of experience. 

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

You were told by multiple people that it was CGI. Didn’t do anything yourself to see if that were true, pushed on believing with nothing to back you up. Like always. 

The bickerers might seem like a broken record to you, but you bring it on yourself. 

‘Stop it’ is more reasonable to say to you than ‘the bickerers’.

Again, again and again, what does that have to do with this topic?

• The topic was locked